The Miracle Box set

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Mona Lisa

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by Mona Lisa »

whitequeen20 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:20 pm Has it occurred to anyone that next year is the 50th anniversary not this year so they may be saving it for then and that might be why they did the QAL live album this year, can't imagine many Queen fans would be happy if they celebrated Queen's 50th with a Queen + release, just a thought.
Maybe you're right...
If they haven't planned anything for the 50's birthday, I would be extremely surprised.
Greatest hits nr.4 :lol:

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Mona Lisa wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:42 pm
whitequeen20 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:20 pm Has it occurred to anyone that next year is the 50th anniversary not this year so they may be saving it for then and that might be why they did the QAL live album this year, can't imagine many Queen fans would be happy if they celebrated Queen's 50th with a Queen + release, just a thought.
Maybe you're right...
If they haven't planned anything for the 50's birthday, I would be extremely surprised.
I would not amuse myself with this thought

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Maybe you're right...
That's a distinct possibility :lol:

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:27 pm
We want a box set, we don't give a f**k on QAL
Well you might not but plenty do, they wouldn't be putting it out if there wasn't a demand and IMO it's not an either or, the box set will materialise but they're striking while the iron's hot after the YT stream.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

I think that when Brian and Roger will officially be retired, priorities will be different.
Now, they don't care at all for the hate of their work with Adam Lambert, as it's not relevant for them, and I understand them for that.
For them, it's something they did 31 years ago, I can really understand that they want to put their current work first.
A kind of Greatest Hits 4 would make some sense, if we look logically how they did the GH3. They even included SOLO work, it's like they could put as well 'One night stand', 'Where are you now', 'Why don't we try again' and other things. It should be hits... a, so not these last songs :p

I can really understand the sincere enthousiasm of Queen team, Bri and Rog to produce the QAL album.
Edit.: like you said, while the iron is hot

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

Moot point.

Some fans will moan regardless. It is what it is.

Although I do so hope we get more than The Miracle for the 50th anniversary. They should do something really special.

MusicalProstitute

TheMiracleMan wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:27 pm
We want a box set, we don't give a f**k on QAL
I take it you are using the Royal 'we'? Because there are many lifelong Queen fans who love QAL and would love a live album. Let people be happy, FFS.

MusicalProstitute

Don't give them ideas!

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

MusicalProstitute wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:17 am

Don't give them ideas!

lol

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

WJ1977 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:38 pm Hi Everyone. I'm being asked about the new QAL live album a lot, and about The Miracle box, etc. Honestly... I don't know much more than anyone else. Quite frankly, I'm just getting on with my I WANT IT ALL! book and various archiving jobs, sorting out the photographic archive as well as 50 years of press reviews (which has been fascinating), and generally just getting on with all kinds of work. I don't know what's happening with The Miracle, other than it's all but finished. I couldn't tell you what the band, management or record company are planning to do with it now that the QAL live album has emerged. Release dates get moved and pushed back or forward so often these days, it's impossible to keep up.... so I invariably stop trying. There's no point in me offering dates that might come and go, and be frustrating/irritating, and it's not really my place to. I've done what I was supposed to do. I did the release date speculating thing with the IWIA book, but various unforeseen things came up and the dates changed more often that the English weather. The Miracle box will appear at some point. At this point, that's all can offer. There is so much in the planning at the moment, it's hard to keep on top of it all - for you and for me too!! We can but try!
I don't find this info anywhere on Greg Books facebook....
Do I have to add him as a friend? I prefer to not add people I don't know :/ But I'm curious to know about this. Maybe other fans from this board are friends with him on fb.