The Miracle Box set

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
TheMiracleMan

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Wild Wind wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:51 am Do we have any news? I hope they release the box and include Face it alone completed along with a new life is born and I guess we're falling down . All songs have potential especially the first. I can understand why the could released it in 1989 or in 1995 back if a producer do what Richard did on YDFM maybe it could be a beautiful song.

No, we don't have any news, unfortunely. I think probably news will be after june-july.I think that they do not have an exact idea of ​​what the box set will be.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Wild Wind wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:51 am Do we have any news? I hope they release the box and include Face it alone completed along with a new life is born and I guess we're falling down . All songs have potential especially the first. I can understand why the could released it in 1989 or in 1995 back if a producer do what Richard did on YDFM maybe it could be a beautiful song.

I hope too about FIA, NLIB and IGWFO and DWB which on Roger's iPod

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

The thing I've always wondered with the songs like I Guess We're Falling Out how have we got access to them. They are pretty good quality recordings so if they got leaked presumably then it means there could be a more complete form in the archives.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Young Music Fan wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:19 pm ...so if they got leaked presumably then it means there could be a more complete form in the archives.
How does that logic work?

The band wouldn't want ANYTHING to leak, so the "incomplete" versions are as locked down as the "more complete" ones you're inferring. Therefore, anything that DOES leak is just as likely to be the most complete version in existence, logically speaking.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

So. what new? Are there any news?

Frank

Post by Frank »

I suspect the coronavirus pandemic may have an impact on the box set's completion. It depends on a number of factors, but that's what my gut is telling me. I believe it was set to be released some time this year. Even if it's supposed to be released in the fall, they may be running on a skeleton crew right now thus slowing down production. Who knows. But to answer your question, no. I haven't heard anything new about it.

sbrown

Post by sbrown »

Generic username wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:32 pm
You'd be disappointed if there was less Freddie material to make room for some non-Freddie, just for the sake of being able to tick an imaginary "includes live material" box?
that is in no way what I said.
The point was about not including anything from Adam, and my point was that there is clearly no way there will be anything live with Freddie so if we're going to have *anything* live we'll have to consider a number of other singers.
My thinking largely driven from Roger and Brian's ongoing commentary that they consider themselves a live band before anything else.
Generic username wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:32 pm
Most album box sets are starting to standardise to the following layout, in my view

Disc 1 - the album
Disc 2 - B sides, single versions
Disc 3 - Demos, work in progress, outtakes
Disc 4/5 - a concert from the following tour

In this case, the last item is just impossible, of course, but I'd rather do without those discs (and the cost) rather than be forced to pay again for Daltrey doing IWIA.
I would say the 2 cents to manufacture an extra disc is going to be immaterial to the final cost.

At the end of my original post I did actually reason that it probably doesn't make sense to have anything live given the utter lack of material.

WJ1977

Post by WJ1977 »

Probably there are live takes in the archives. So I guess this will be used in this box.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

One thing to bear in mind is that factories pressing vinyl are likely to have been - or soon will be - halted on production. And everything that was scheduled to release in the coming weeks and months will push back to compensate.

That means anything planned for the Christmas market - unless they have specific contractual obligations or lots of cash to make the problem go away - will be postponed while we catch up with the backlog.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

This set (for an album I've long thought gets way more hate than it deserves) almost certainly has the potential to be really interesting.

But I'm fully prepared for another overpriced piss-take on the scale of the News of the World box :lol: