The Miracle Box set

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
action

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by action »

there seems to be an unheard freddie track to be polished up for this release, it's called "love kills"

not many people have heard this

Kes

Post by Kes »

...And, you still haven't heard the original version of that one yet, either.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

sbrown wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:48 pm

Generic username wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:32 pm

Disc 4/5 - a concert from the following tour

In this case, the last item is just impossible, of course, but I'd rather do without those discs (and the cost) rather than be forced to pay again for Daltrey doing IWIA.
I would say the 2 cents to manufacture an extra disc is going to be immaterial to the final cost.

At the end of my original post I did actually reason that it probably doesn't make sense to have anything live given the utter lack of material.
Sorry, when I said cost, I meant cost to me ie the additional retail price of a greater number of discs. I do realise that some 15 disc sets are cheaper than other 3 disc sets, but in general, the more discs there are, the more expensive the box.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Usually, the unit selling price is decided by the size of the production run.

But there are other factors...

Basically, the more popular the artist is over the likely demand for the item = The more they can try and sell it for.

That's why a not so popular artist can release a 15 disc set for the same price as... say The Beatles could release a four disc set, and even then, The Beatles one would probably fly off the shelves quicker.

The secret is not to like stuff that LOTS of other people like.

WJ1977

Post by WJ1977 »

Unless the current crisis Queen management is still working on this miracle box . Hopefully released somewhere this year. Looking forward to hear unheard material from Freddie. It s been a while....

I listen a lot to the miracle these days. For me, was it all worth it and Hang on in there are underrated and I get a lot of energie by hearing these tracks.

Also the title track means more to me due these strange times we are all living in. Seems to be a good timing for releasing this album in box set version

Also The game and The works do have my attention to follow up....

Frank

Post by Frank »

Greg Brooks posted this on Facebook today:

"Despite the on-going lockdown, work on 'The Miracle' box continues, as well as designing the 'I Want It All' book, and numerous other Queeny things too. It never stops. I have come to realise that nothing stops the mighty and relentless Queen Machine from moving ever forwards, not even a deadly virus. Stay safe everyone. Hopefully things will start to return to normal soon."

A fan then asked when we can expect the box and he said:

"Don't know yet, because of Coronavirus effecting factories and pressing, etc. I really have no idea. Hopefully still on schedule."

The fan then pressed further asking what the scheduled release date is (roughly) and of course he became tight lipped.

WJ1977

Post by WJ1977 »

Scheduled released is october , but this might be postponed.

Frank

Post by Frank »

WJ1977 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:26 pm
Scheduled released is october , but this might be postponed.
Is that official, or just your speculation? I agree autumn is a safe bet, but there's been no official announcement of the product. We only first heard about it at Freddie's birthday party in Montreux. Since then very little info has been drip fed to us (particularly from Greg Brooks). Not a whole lot to go by.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Let's be realistic. There's no way the original plan for a Miracle box set was anything other than 2019...so we're already well into "who the hell knows" territory.

...and the IWIA book was announced a couple of years ago, wasn't it?

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Frank wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:21 pm
Greg Brooks posted this on Facebook today:

"Despite the on-going lockdown, work on 'The Miracle' box continues, as well as designing the 'I Want It All' book, and numerous other Queeny things too. It never stops. I have come to realise that nothing stops the mighty and relentless Queen Machine from moving ever forwards, not even a deadly virus. Stay safe everyone. Hopefully things will start to return to normal soon."

A fan then asked when we can expect the box and he said:

"Don't know yet, because of Coronavirus effecting factories and pressing, etc. I really have no idea. Hopefully still on schedule."

The fan then pressed further asking what the scheduled release date is (roughly) and of course he became tight lipped.

Well, this is to be expected. If even the great and powerful archivist Greg Brooks does not know, then no one knows. But what prevents them from release a digital copy in iTunes and then releasing a physical release? After all, nothing prevented them from releasing a digital copy of "You are the champions"