The Miracle Box set

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Kes

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by Kes »

I'm sure the boxsets will be released as soon as they manage to get vaccinated. 😊

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Kes wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:49 am Nope, I got that wrong.

Tickets for Knebworth were £14.50 each, the same price as the Wembley ones were. So, at the time, they were actually less than the retail price of the A Kind Of Magic CD.

Another bit of associated trivia, was according to Brian and Roger, the Magic Tour was the first Queen tour to actually turn a profit.
To be fair though, bands used to make their money on album sales. As you say, tours often ran at a loss purely to encourage people to go out and buy the album.

Nowadays, no bugger buys albums, so they have to make their money on the tours.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Kes wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:41 pm I'm sure the boxsets will be released as soon as they manage to get vaccinated. 😊

Yawn Yawn. :evil:

Kes

Post by Kes »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:50 pm
Tell you what. You go to sleep, and if we remember, we'll wake you up when the boxset gets released.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Kes wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:33 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:50 pm
Tell you what. You go to sleep, and we'll wake you up when the boxset gets released (err, if we remember).

lol

The Miracle Box Set is a myth

Kes

Post by Kes »

When there's a world pandemic going on, I'm sure it must be a far better place having your outstanding level of positive contribution.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Leigh Burne wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:45 pm
Kes wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:49 am Nope, I got that wrong.

Tickets for Knebworth were £14.50 each, the same price as the Wembley ones were. So, at the time, they were actually less than the retail price of the A Kind Of Magic CD.

Another bit of associated trivia, was according to Brian and Roger, the Magic Tour was the first Queen tour to actually turn a profit.
To be fair though, bands used to make their money on album sales. As you say, tours often ran at a loss purely to encourage people to go out and buy the album.

Nowadays, no bugger buys albums, so they have to make their money on the tours.
Crazy how much times and prices have changed! Today you can only dream of ticket prices like that. And getting profit from album sales to touring is also a big change.

Though, with today's version of Queen there aren't any (new) albums one could buy anyways. :)

Kes

Post by Kes »

But there's plenty of old ones, that you can buy twice, and start building collections with.

At least you know you won't be underwhelmed when you listen to them.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Kes wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:20 am But there's plenty of old ones, that you can buy twice, and start building collections with.

At least you know you won't be underwhelmed when you listen to them.
Got my collection already completed as far as I want it. I'm not into buying stuff multiple times or having every little release or best of compilation I'd never listen to anyways. I did this once with another band, basically had almost everything they ever released, and after a few years I realized it's just collecting dust and I rarely really look at it or need it.

Today I only buy and keep the stuff I really need and listen to/watch again and again, so mostly regular studio albums and interesting video releases (live DVDs, Blu-ray's, well made documentaries).

Wasn't underwhelmed with QAL live either fortunately...ignored it for years, then finally gave it a chance. I'm glad I did, otherwise I'd have never heard Brian and Roger live. Hope I'll still get that third and probably last chance on the remaining tour...

Kes

Post by Kes »

Whatever strength QAL has, is in the repertoire they have to draw on.

That was created in a different era. If they could have learnt anything from the Q+PR times, it would be that although people flooded in their thousands to reminisce on a very creative band, and a singer with a pretty fair pedigree in Paul. They weren't quite ready for a studio album of half ideas.

Being honest, I'd really be concerned by any fusion of new ideas between Mr Lambert and either Brian and/or Roger, especially without having someone there to say "Nah, I don't think so!" They're from completely different worlds.