The Miracle Box set

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Ray

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by Ray »

I'm glad they didn't try another studio album, it just wouldn't have worked, as the QPR one didn't for most. It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

They aren't Deep Purple who are still 3/5 of the classic MKII line-up (+ two awesome replacements for Blackmore and Lord), just released their 21st album in August and now will already go into the studio again next year to use the much time they have without being able to tour.

But to each their own.

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:11 pm
MusicalProstitute wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:39 pm

Nah. If you seriously think multi-millionaires would be happy with the small amount of cash they got from the QAL live album then you are quite mad. It is obvious they do not need the money anymore and that they now do what makes them happy. Good for them. If they were so money-obsessed (as you clearly think they are) then they would not have chosen to go out on tour with Adam all those years ago (he was not a big name).

The reason is that they have always looked forward. Which is logical. Keep on doing things whilst you can and then release the archival stuff when you cannot.
Makes perfect sense to me.

So, yes, although it is rather frustrating for fans, it is just the way it is. And it is not Queen's fault news about forthcoming sets leak out well before they confirm any kind of date for their releases; which is why Greg no longer says too much anymore - he has had too much criticism and it is really not his fault either.

yawn multi-millionaires.
What? That is a fact.

MusicalProstitute

Kes wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:08 pm And, much as though I'm a Queen fan, not a QAL one, the band have probably made a shitload more money out of recent tours, than they have from Rainbow, Hammersmith, On Air, and the NOTW boxset combined.

How much are the tickets? £100 a pop? Let's say 50% of that goes to the band.

Average price of one of those sets? Let's say £40 between CD and vinyl formats. They probably get a fiver from those. Times that by about 15,000, that's £75k. Times that by the number of sets. £300,000 tops.

They've probably made a couple of million touring with Lambert. Where would YOUR priority be?
I honestly think they are only doing what makes them personally happy now. Big money or not (and all artists rely on the live stuff more than the studio stuff for decent income these days), they are out there with Adam because they work well together and they are successful.

I just think they do not like looking back too much. Otherwise we would have had the anthologies by now - they were an inactive band for years and had no income from live shows, etc. They would have released the stuff ages ago if it was mainly about money. They know what they're doing: stay active and out there and moving forward whilst you still can; sit back, reflect, maybe release the archive stuff when you can do no more.

MusicalProstitute

Re: Miracle Box Set

TheMiracleMan wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:26 pm until the box set is released its possible existence is a myth, a myth that was created by QPL. As a result, what do we see? Nothing. the miracle not happened, and it's not covid fault only
Utter tripe.

It has already been confirmed by their archivist, who has stated it is 99 per cent done. So we all know it is real. You just need to have a little patience.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Some people seem to think pessimism might speed up product.

It doesn't.

Brian and Roger don't normally read what goes on here, but people who work for them, do. If they see good ideas and compliments, they might pass them on, or mention them at a good time.

Morose, negativity, & bitter criticism... never a f*cking chance! It'll bounce off their protective armour like a tennis ball.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

MusicalProstitute wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:34 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:26 pm until the box set is released its possible existence is a myth, a myth that was created by QPL. As a result, what do we see? Nothing. the miracle not happened, and it's not covid fault only
Utter tripe.

It has already been confirmed by their archivist, who has stated it is 99 per cent done. So we all know it is real. You just need to have a little patience.

lol, you're so naive. If GB'll say that Queen Anthology is on the way and much much later he will say that it is 99 percent done you will be believe also?

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:48 pmlol, you're so naive. If GB'll say that Queen Anthology is on the way and much much later he will say that it is 99 percent done you will be believe also?
What fucking logic is there in him lying?

Kes

Post by Kes »

I know for a fact he was working on compiling the group Anthologies, when he was pulled off to go and do the stuff that became the Freddie boxset in 2000.

So, you can bet they've been sat there for the best part of 20 years, constantly being put forward as potential product. GB's not mentioning them any more, because Brian and Roger keep telling him "Nope, not yet, we'll tell you when we want them!" I think there comes a point when you stop suggesting something because you know what the answer's going to be.

Ray

Post by Ray »

I just hope we'll some day still see a DVD release of the late 70s tours. I don't mind if the picture quality isn't super good, it will be good enough from what we know. I get why they won't release Hyde Park 76, but the two 77 concerts and the ones from 79... that's really great material that should be used for releases.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Ray wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:52 amI get why they won't release Hyde Park 76...
Nothing to stop them releasing it on audio. "You Take My Breath Away" sounded fantastic on the Day at the Races bonus EP.