New Queen Vinyl Collection on Hatchette Partworks

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Sir Didymus

Re: New Queen Vinyl Collection on Hatchette Partworks

Post by Sir Didymus »

ogre t raylot wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:21 pm If the band put their mind to it and released these as a box set, this would make a great companion to the 'Studio Collection'.

You could have a similar design, coloured vinyl and a book.
Sir Didymus wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:32 pm * Live Killers
* Live at the Rainbow '74
* On Fire: Live at the Bowl
* Live at Wembley Stadium
* Queen Rock Montreal
* A Night at the Odeon
* Queen On Air for good measure.
Yep. Kinda mad they haven't really. Definitely losing out on sales.

Deakysghost

Post by Deakysghost »

For those who may have subscribed, I contacted Hachete an attached is the response received today:

Thank you for your message.

I do apologise about this.

Unfortunately we have had a few tock delays with this collection. Usually your first order should be processed and dispatched within 28 days of starting the subscription however due to this reason, this has created a further delay.

Your first order should be processed and dispatched soon but we don't have an exact time frame for this.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks -Sammy

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

Rather piss-poor starting point for this, really... can't believe we've not had a single issue through yet! :roll:

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Hmmm. This was announced post-COVID, so there shouldn't really be any new issues.

Feels as if they're going to book the pressings once they have subscriber numbers high enough....which suggests cashflow issues, which in turn makes a full set unlikely to be achievable...

Hopefully I'm over-interpreting

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Has anyone had payment taken yet? They set up my direct debit a while ago but haven't taken a first payment yet.

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Just got an email from them

Thank you for purchasing Queen The Vinyl Collection. The limited four issue run has now come to an end. We will be looking at the level of interest and hope to be able to launch the collection nationally in the near future. We will let you know as soon as a launch is confirmed, and your subscription will resume automatically at that time.

As a thank you for supporting Queen The Vinyl Collection limited run, we will be sending you a free gift in the post in the next few weeks.

What four issue run? Have I missed out on the first four issues? They are launching nationally? So was it only available in certain parts of the UK up to now? I feel like this email implies knowledge that I didn't have and I'm not sure if I missed out reading something when I signed up or not. I guess I'll email them and see what they say to this.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

I've had no payments taken and no issues received, so utterly baffled what's going on here! :shock:

Bruceymc

Post by Bruceymc »

I got the same e-mail yesterday, very strange.

Slightlymad-Again

Post by Slightlymad-Again »

Update from this site which shines a little light on the subject, I subscribed but never received a single issue.

It's also strange that not a single issue has appeared on eBay yet (Unless I missed a couple), so has anyone actually got all 4 LP's?
Following the success of the Queen - The Vinyl Collection magazine Partworks release in other countries over the last few years, Hachette Partworks, the publishers of the series in the UK, have been testing the market here to try and gauge the potential of the collection. This has been done in limited numbers, in a selected few areas, and only using the first four issues of the collection. This is standard practice for Hachette and does not include any large scale marketing or promotion.

It has come to light that this approach may have confused those Queen fans lucky enough to have found these releases and who were looking to collect the whole album series. We have spoken to Hachette and they are very sorry if the limited run has led to any disappointment or puzzlement. Test subscribers will not be charged for their subscription and will be sent a free issue from the collection in the coming weeks.

Hachette is now analysing data and feedback from this test and will make a decision on a full national launch in due course.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

Slightlymad-Again wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:24 pm Update from this site which shines a little light on the subject, I subscribed but never received a single issue.

It's also strange that not a single issue has appeared on eBay yet (Unless I missed a couple), so has anyone actually got all 4 LP's?
Following the success of the Queen - The Vinyl Collection magazine Partworks release in other countries over the last few years, Hachette Partworks, the publishers of the series in the UK, have been testing the market here to try and gauge the potential of the collection. This has been done in limited numbers, in a selected few areas, and only using the first four issues of the collection. This is standard practice for Hachette and does not include any large scale marketing or promotion.

It has come to light that this approach may have confused those Queen fans lucky enough to have found these releases and who were looking to collect the whole album series. We have spoken to Hachette and they are very sorry if the limited run has led to any disappointment or puzzlement. Test subscribers will not be charged for their subscription and will be sent a free issue from the collection in the coming weeks.

Hachette is now analysing data and feedback from this test and will make a decision on a full national launch in due course.
How strange. Their website made no reference to a 'test' - as far as I was aware I was being subscribed to an actual full blown partwork as advertised!