Duets and collaborations

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Smiler

Duets and collaborations

Post by Smiler »

On youtube, there is a small snipped of the Queen -Rod Stewart duet of another piece of my heart.
I wonder why it was never issued? They used the song without RS' vocals which is a damn shame I think.
Wonder if there are some more of these collaborations with others we don't know of?

Generic username

Re: Duets and collaborations

Post by Generic username »

We don't know of any we don't know about.

There are a couple that are known though..but I don't know if you know about them.

This is getting quite complicated - I'm going to go and have a lie down.

Smiler

Post by Smiler »

:D
Hope you rested well?
The wich I know about are Michael Jackson, bowie, joan armatrading and sir stewart...

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

Andy Gibb apparently sang at least the first verse of Play The Game on a recording not long before he died.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Generic username wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:22 pm

There are a couple that are known though..but I don't know if you know about them.
:lol:

Always quite wanted to hear the Stewart version of "Let Me Live". His voice is quite similar to Roger's so I imagine he would've gelled quite well with Freddie.

Wasn't a snippet of it supposed to be in the Great Pretender documentary? If so I don't really recall hearing it.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Leigh Burne wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:35 am
Generic username wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:22 pm

:lol:

Always quite wanted to hear the Stewart version of "Let Me Live". His voice is quite similar to Roger's so I imagine he would've gelled quite well with Freddie.

Wasn't a snippet of it supposed to be in the Great Pretender documentary? If so I don't really recall hearing it.
Yes, it was in the Great Pretender documentary. Andy Gibb was on Play The Game track. Sung start of song.

Smiler

Post by Smiler »

Also saw some pictures of Freddie Mercury and Cliff Richard, probably doing some time duet

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Smiler wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:26 pm
Also saw some pictures of Freddie Mercury and Cliff Richard, probably doing some time duet
Freddie sang a couple of songs with Cliff for a charity performance. In the interval he grabbed an ice cream tray to sell ice creams to the audience, but gave up and just started throwing them around.

I met Dave Clark at the 40th anniversary exhibition and told him how much I'd enjoyed the musical. Like a fool I didn't think to ask him if he'd ever consider making the tracks commercially available.

Old Man

Post by Old Man »