Innundo Box 30th or Queen Box 50th

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
The Invisible Fan

Innundo Box 30th or Queen Box 50th

Post by The Invisible Fan »

Hello everyone! I really like the ways all of you share their opinion, so I thought I’d start a new Thread. If you would have to choose between Queen and Innuendo to have their anniversary box, which would you choose? I would choose the Queen box, because if I give QPL any chance of getting their hands on The Show Must Go On, they’d 100% make a reference about QAL. Queen was a great album, and is 100% rock! The demo’s and unreleased songs, would really make it a great box. Innuendo would be too, because it moves to very different genres, and instrumentals. I just hope they celebrate the beginning of Queen in 1971, and don’t mourn the ending of Queen in 1991. What are your opinions?

WJ1977

Re: Innundo Box 30th or Queen Box 50th

Post by WJ1977 »

I guess it will be the beginning of Queen

In the miracle box we probably find material which are connected to the ending of
Queen.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Depends on the content.

Is the 50th box a rehash of the greatest hits box, while innuendo is a throwing open of the archive?

Or is the innuendo box a "brand new remaster" + B sides already released and a new essay by some celeb fan, while the 50th box includes the multitrack if everything they ever recorded?

The Invisible Fan

Post by The Invisible Fan »

Generic username wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:05 pm Depends on the content.

Is the 50th box a rehash of the greatest hits box, while innuendo is a throwing open of the archive?

Or is the innuendo box a "brand new remaster" + B sides already released and a new essay by some celeb fan, while the 50th box includes the multitrack if everything they ever recorded?
If the 50th anniversary box has the newer and better content, which would make it perfect, I’d again choose for that one.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

There is little, very little hope that they will release something worthwhile by the 50th anniversary, and not another reissue.We still can't get the Miracle box set, but you already want and dream of a box set for the 50th anniversary

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

I would want the Queen box set, there is a lot more there I would like to hear and know about. I’m afraid there’s too much sad stuff around Innuendo time so not as much to release, maybe.

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

I generally believe that there is not as many outtakes for Innuendo as there would be for other Queen albums. Freddie was physically unable to be in the studio as much as he could prior. I get the impression they didn't mess about particularly like the 1991 recordings (such as Mother Love and A Winter's Tale).

MyFaerieQueene

Post by MyFaerieQueene »

I don't really mind which but the questions I have are will a Queen 50th have enough content to warrant a box set? And will an Innuendo box be released in a celebratory tone or a sad tone?

If I had to pick one I'd go with Queen though Innuendo might look prettier. I'd go with Queen because I'm very much that person who prefers beginnings to ends. It's easier to celebrate something positive with a beginning. An ending is too sad. A celebration of a career is good but it's still sad.

miracle69

Post by miracle69 »

Still waiting to hear the trident version of When the night comes down”..