Friendly, general discussion about Queen
eiricd

Jeff Soto considered before lambert?

Post by eiricd »

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/jeff-scott-soto-queen/

Interesting...

Anyone know more about this??

Smiler

Re: Jeff Soto considered before lambert?

Post by Smiler »

Intresting indeed but it makes some sence in my opinion

Kes

Post by Kes »

I know he was at too many gigs on the two Paul Rodgers' tours for it to be just sheer fandom.

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

Kes wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:16 pm I know he was at too many gigs on the two Paul Rodgers' tours for it to be just sheer fandom.
thanks for picking up on that. I remember that was the case in 2005. I met him myself at one of the UK gigs...
Some claimed it was politics, while others claimed PR struggled with his voice cause of the touring schedule (not evident on the gigs I saw!)

It's the first time I've heard someone say the same about 2008, though! Any chance you can elaborate?

also - I remember one social media post from JSS where he posed with bri and rog. this was after Paul, and prior to lambert...
I always thought it was the Queen Extravaganza thing, but thinking about it now - I guess Brian had little to do with that project?
Perhaps there was talk indeed.......

Kes

Post by Kes »

Think I went to five gigs across the two tours, and saw him sat in, or around the mixing desk area, at three of them.

He's a really nice bloke, and massive Queen fan. I had a chat with him at Knebworth Park, when the fan club had a Knebworth anniversary day out. Him, Jamie Moses and Spike Edney did this acoustic set with us all sat on the grass around a tree. Nice day out.

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

Kes wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:04 pm Think I went to five gigs across the two tours, and saw him sat in, or around the mixing desk area, at three of them.

He's a really nice bloke, and massive Queen fan. I had a chat with him at Knebworth Park, when the fan club had a Knebworth anniversary day out. Him, Jamie Moses and Spike Edney did this acoustic set with us all sat on the grass around a tree. Nice day out.
First time I’ve heard about 2008....
There’s a forum somewhere where I think JSS’ manager briefly got involved in a discussion about this

Would love to know the real story.
Towards the end of 2008 there were apparent frictions, but perhaps that was the case in 2005 as well...
On the other hand, seems weird that they would proceed with further tours and a studio album if it was touch and go in 2005....

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Check out his Spotify!

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Hmm, this just doesn't sound the same as the live videos I've seen of him doing Queen's song. His voice sounds so different...

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »