50th Anniversary

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Kes

Re: 50th Anniversary

Post by Kes »

Good luck with trading a Brian one, for a Roger one, Woody.

For a start, the Brian one has a track not seen on a 7" before, and secondly, many people have been seriously lucky to get one of these four singles, let alone a spare of any of them.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Now, you might find sets of all four on ebay.

But I'd be quite surprised if any of them go for under £500. Somebody's boat has come in.

Edit. Set already there. Seller wants £1200

cliff

Post by cliff »

They have created a monster with this set.

They'll be going for more than the Blue Bo Rap from 1978 at this rate :lol:

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Someone's said on Facebook that the police had to be called to the pop up store this morning after 'disagreements' broke out and the shop is shut the rest of today.

I know better than to just believe what's posted on Facebook so can anyone confirm or deny?

Hope everyone is okay, anyway.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

BitterTears wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:34 am Someone's said on Facebook that the police had to be called to the pop up store this morning after 'disagreements' broke out and the shop is shut the rest of today.

I know better than to just believe what's posted on Facebook so can anyone confirm or deny?

Hope everyone is okay, anyway.
Just read about this. Apparently touts were trying to storm the queue and the police ended up being called. It sounds like the Fan Club is the source of the info.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Kes

Post by Kes »

There is obviously a problem with issues like this, and the solution is removing the links that make it so financially rewarding for people to do this.

Woody70

Post by Woody70 »

That is appalling - I’d like the Brian single but I wouldn’t want to be be a position where you need to fight to get one.

Kes - appreciate your comment on the (unlikely) chance of a swap. Thought it would be worth a try in case someone is in a similar position. I’m a long term collector like yourself, if we don’t get a chance to swap the duplicate and you still need one I’ll drop you a line. I’d rather it went to someone who’d appreciate it rather than feed the eBay market.

cliff

Post by cliff »

That is ridiculous and totally unacceptable.

Just shows what lengths the scalpers will go to make a fast buck out of true fans.

I'm still baffled at how they thought up the 1000 copies limit; Queen are one of the biggest bands of all time with a huge fan and collector base worldwide, how can 1000 copies satisfy that demand.

Come on QPL do the right thing and announce a re-run to stop the scalpers in their tracks.

Hutchence

Post by Hutchence »

What a shambles this turned out to be, pity.

I truly hope Queen Productions have learned their lessons from this.

Personally never cared about these special releases but feel sorry for the REAL collectors/fans who couldn't get a hold of their copies.