50th Anniversary

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Stonecoldcrazy71

50th Anniversary

Post by Stonecoldcrazy71 »

I'm sure this Subject has been done to death, but as we get close to the 50th Anniversary I would like too hear people's predictions on what Queen will release. A new studio album with Adam?..The long lost Anthology set? Only a tour with Adam? Greatest hits and Wembley remastered again?

midnight sky

Re: 50th Anniversary

Post by midnight sky »

I would love to have an anthology to mark 50 years of Queen, but I think it won't happen. My hopes for that have been crushed these last few years.
The Miracle box set I'd be happy with, because I think it's very underrated and it deserves more attention.
As for Q+AL touring, who knows with covid and Brian's recent health issues.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Really holding out for #27 in the series "Top 100 Bootlegs",

Ray

Post by Ray »

The only planned release we know about is The Miracle and I think we'll get that in a year from now probably.

As for QAL, I'm pretty sceptical that the tour will be possible by then...I hope it can but it doesn't look like there will be enough change until then with the current situation. As for a studio album, I still think that will never happen. They tried it with Paul Rodgers and were disappointed by its reception. They are more popular than ever now with the classic Queen catalogue and I think there is no reason for them to change that and also no ambition to do some new music. Even that live album was only an afterthought and wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for them not being able to tour.

I'd hope for a release of something like an old live show from the 70s or the music videos on Blu-ray, but I don't expect it. I don't need any 1:1 rereleases or compilations, there are more than enough of those already.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Generic username wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:32 am Really holding out for #27 in the series "Top 100 Bootlegs",
Is dorog included :lol:
Sorry inside joke.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

So, 2021 is here.Does it make sense to wait for something this year? After all, the 50th anniversary soon

AlexKx

Post by AlexKx »

Na.

Kes

Post by Kes »

It's like Michael McIntyre's The Wheel. It all depends where the pointer lands on the wheel. Just hope it's not the "F*ck all" segment.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Maybe as celebration we get 50 more Queen 3D photos from Brian's archive. :lol: ;)

I just continue waiting like the last years. I don't expect anything particular, though I'd be surprised if there would be nothing at all. I already expect the QAL tour to be postponed again, so they have lots of time for some release.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

I have low expectations both of what might be announced and the content thereof.

Whether that's more a comment on me or QPL is for others to consider...