50th Anniversary

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
WeeMann

Re: 50th Anniversary

Post by WeeMann »

No idea what the official time is, but I reckon that single sold out in under a minute.

Newearthmud

Post by Newearthmud »

At least the site has been dealing with high volume of traffic without crashing.

Kes

Post by Kes »

WeeMann wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:20 am No idea what the official time is, but I reckon that single sold out in under a minute.
About 13 seconds shy of a minute.

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

Kes wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:36 pm It just annoyed me when they released TCR, and they were complaining that the sales figures were so low, and they DIDN'T have copies for sale at the gigs. If one in ten ticket buyers had bought one, it would have been a lot more successful.
one of many strange things about the promotion of that album...(or the lack of)

imagine if they had done a bundle deal with a ticket + album

Flick of the Wrist

Post by Flick of the Wrist »

I managed to order one copy of the single this morning at 11.

Just had an email saying that this has been cancelled and is no longer available from the supplier. Anyone else?

Kes

Post by Kes »

Yep, same thing.

I don't know, but I think the computer allowed them to sell more copies than they had, it got a bit confused at selling such a small number in a very short time.

I guess you need experiences like this to allow the people buying records professionally, to make their profits.

How much is it up for on ebay?

Kes

Post by Kes »

The "buy it now" prices are around £150. 1000% mark up.

The only way they'll get round this, is to forecast the demand, and press a couple of thousand of them.

I bet of the 500 in the shop, a good 10-20% of them go on resale sites.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

This is my issue with extremely limited-run stuff like this. Fucking touts are all over it.

Same thing happened with the limited edition rarities box set Thin Lizzy did last year - I saw people saying they’d bought three or four copies just to sell the extra ones on. Mind you, I was happy to see the band saw sense when they sold out in a few hours and did a second pressing, hopefully screwing all those money-grubbers.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Well, there's limited, and then there's stupidly rare. In this case, there's probably 3 or 4 thousand people out there, who'd readily buy these releases to keep.

Knock the availability of them down, and then you get a larger proportion of people who'll say, like on Record Store Day, I'll buy one of those, sell it, and it'll pay for all the stuff I DO want.

If you feed a buy to sell market, it'll grow.

Flick of the Wrist

Post by Flick of the Wrist »

I guess the upside is that they’ve saved me the trouble of trying to buy the rest of the set! 🤣