50th Anniversary

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
WeeMann

Re: 50th Anniversary

Post by WeeMann »

Flick of the Wrist wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:46 pm I guess the upside is that they’ve saved me the trouble of trying to buy the rest of the set! 🤣
My thought too. It pisses me off that they've got as far as taking my money, telling me I was successful, then emailing a couple of hours later to say I can have my money back in a few days.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I had considered not going for the other three, but if I can get any of them, at least it might piss off one of these people who buy them just to exploit others.

Earlier on, I was pondering how they could make it more difficult for scalpers to get hold of these things. Personally, I have a few ideas, but maybe decapitation is probably too good for them.

cliff

Post by cliff »

Flick of the Wrist wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:46 am I managed to order one copy of the single this morning at 11.

Just had an email saying that this has been cancelled and is no longer available from the supplier. Anyone else?
I clicked on at bang on 11.00, placed the order with a confirmation e-mail at 11:00:43, then an e-mail later saying cancelled.

So sold out in less than 43 seconds, no way I could do it any quicker.

Then onto e-bay to see loads for sale at £100's.

No idea why they do such small quantity when they know demand will be so high and all it does is line the pockets of the touts / scalpers.

cliff

Post by cliff »

Flick of the Wrist wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:46 pm I guess the upside is that they’ve saved me the trouble of trying to buy the rest of the set! 🤣
Agreed, although I know I will try and type quicker on Friday :lol:

Does anyone know if all 4 are coloured vinyl?

Newearthmud

Post by Newearthmud »

Someone on ebay has listed two of the john Deacon single for sale already! They also had 10 copies of the Roger one, only 3 left. This really does suggest that not all these records are being sold through proper channels.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284484018964 ... Swd6lhY1bY

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Did we even know the John Deacon single was green? And that's the third one, according to the original press release. Freddie is this week

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Newearthmud wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:38 pm Someone on ebay has listed two of the john Deacon single for sale already! They also had 10 copies of the Roger one, only 3 left. This really does suggest that not all these records are being sold through proper channels.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284484018964 ... Swd6lhY1bY
Why do these even exist?

They don't raise the profile of the band - the pop up store itself got plenty of coverage anyway.

They don't drive footfall to the stores - half of them are sold online anyway.

They don't generate chart positions - 1,000 copies didn’t get them into the top 100.

They don't make much money - even at £20 each (assuming all 1,000 are actually sold), it's not going to make a big difference to Universal or QPL's profit. There's probably more margin in the sweatshirts, and they'll sell more of those.

They don't benefit collectors - there is NO chance of anyone getting all four "legitimately" with this low level of supply.

testyquesty

Post by testyquesty »

cliff wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:44 pm
Flick of the Wrist wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:46 am I managed to order one copy of the single this morning at 11.

Just had an email saying that this has been cancelled and is no longer available from the supplier. Anyone else?
I clicked on at bang on 11.00, placed the order with a confirmation e-mail at 11:00:43, then an e-mail later saying cancelled.

So sold out in less than 43 seconds, no way I could do it any quicker.

Then onto e-bay to see loads for sale at £100's.

No idea why they do such small quantity when they know demand will be so high and all it does is line the pockets of the touts / scalpers.
They use code scripts to beat you all to it. They are pros at scalping, you are a collector. Sadly collectors pay top £/$ for these items, justifying their dastardly business model.

The same process is used by merciless businesses to buy up free NZ Covid Quarantine spots and sell them to desperate kiwis to get home: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/new-z ... TV7Y4FPEY/

Kes

Post by Kes »

Yeah, I think they're all coloured vinyl.

Life is Real

Post by Life is Real »

Bit late on this one, but I too had the RT blue 7'' in the basket, paid for etc with cancellation email later. Surely their system should take an item off stock as soon as it is in a basket, and give sat 5 mins to pay. Can't believe they have a system that has no stock control over it?

To say I was disappointed is an understatement. Like many here genuine fans a are missing out.