50th Anniversary

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
BitterTears

Re: 50th Anniversary

Post by BitterTears »

I didn't mean to come off critical, so sorry if that's how it sounded (well, critical of the people flipping them, but even that is understandable to some extent). I have ideas but they all have pros and cons, don't think there's particularly a better way than what's already the done way.

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Managed to get one (I think!)

Have managed to get all three releases online so far so it is possible.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Well, the Freddie one was sold out as soon as it was on site. Didn't even get a chance at seeing a "Buy" button.

Life is Real

Post by Life is Real »

I had the page refreshing so had it the second it appeared, still sold out before checking out, basically it was sold out before it went live it seems, literally a second. Something fishy. Wont waste my time next week.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

I was constantly refreshing and kept getting Error 503, so the server was being overloaded.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Literally on the page as the clock turned eleven. I got one in the shopping basket, clicked on the basket item, and it dragged. I then got a "Sorry, the the item is unavailable" message.

Just a curiosity question. Is it how fast you click buy item, or how fast you finish the whole transaction?

If it's the latter, it was the site causing that, not me.

cliff

Post by cliff »

So far I appear to have managed to get the Freddie one on line (unless I get an e-mail this afternoon like last week saying my order is cancelled) .

I was refreshing constantly and as soon as it went live clicked my way through, even had my credit card details ready to copy and paste.

Order confirmed at 8 seconds past 11.00, so if I don't get this one something is seriously wrong and QOL should try to do something about it.

1000 is s ridiculously low number, QOL must have a good idea of how many collectors will want these releases from historical records, so why not increase the numbers to say 3000, that way collectors are happy and there is no point in the scalpers even bothering.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Either up the quantity, or up the price to deter them from buying.

Nick W
Site Admin

Post by Nick W »

Life is Real wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:04 am I had the page refreshing so had it the second it appeared, still sold out before checking out, basically it was sold out before it went live it seems, literally a second. Something fishy. Wont waste my time next week.
Nothing fishy, just MASSIVE online demand - we don't set these things up to rip people off, why would we do that? Just spoke to the store guy and it ran straight through with no oversell, it just went in seconds - Freddie's was always going to be the big one too.

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

I suppose the point of these releases is to support the shop so if they make enough to satisfy online demand, it makes it less a 'shop only' release and will drive less footfall/interest to the shop