50th Anniversary

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Didymus

Re: 50th Anniversary

Post by Didymus »

Nick W wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:20 am
BitterTears wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:18 am I suppose the point of these releases is to support the shop so if they make enough to satisfy online demand, it makes it less a 'shop only' release and will drive less footfall/interest to the shop
We had a choice to either keep all in-store or split between the store and onlline, we chose to at least give people the chance online. We could have lobbed all 1000 at the Carnaby St set up.
Another option could have been to have pressed more in the first place and sold them via indie record stores across the UK, MAYBE even across the world. And hell, these could have been sold as one bundle... if more could be pressed at a later date then that could still be an option for the store even if they have to be sold in six months time or something, or preorders to work out demand quantities.

It's clear these would sell and I hope the team are similarly reluctant to make such a limited run thing only physically available in one place again.

Newearthmud

Post by Newearthmud »

There is an ebay seller based in Italy who is offering Brian May and John Deacon singles both for 220EUR each. The picture is very obviously a cropped photo from the back of the R.T. single so they do not have it in hand.

Slightlymad-Again

Post by Slightlymad-Again »

Missed out AGAIN!!! How the hell are people getting this online???

I managed to add it to my basket and click place this order at 11.00.20 and still I missed out. Is there some sort of programme the scalpers are using?

Hopefully QOL might see sense and produce another batch of these singles. Even release another 2000 but unnumbered so at least the fans that are paying in excess of £200 for these singles won't see a huge drop in their extortionate value!!

Also does anyone know why the John single was £10.99? Even more profit for the eBay mob!!!

Newearthmud

Post by Newearthmud »

I got my order in at 7 seconds past the hour. No tricks but do you have your card details entered into the google autofill function? It means no need to enter the card number and saves precious seconds. I did not even notice the price difference! Weird.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Figure out ways to speed up the ordering process. I wish I had done this for the previous two releases.

It does seem that you need to have the thing completed within TEN seconds. So any way you can find to do it all quickly CAN make the difference.

It said on my email, ordered at 11.11, and that wasn't when I clicked "add to basket", that was much further in the process.

And, if you bother to read anything as you're doing it, you've already missed out!

Kes

Post by Kes »

I think there are probably three or four more times the people trying to order these, than are successfully managing to. That's for sure.

cliff

Post by cliff »

I managed it in 8 secs again and appear to have been successful.

If I manage the last one next week I'll have to decide what to do about the first one that I missed out on, I'm certainly not paying circa £200 on e-bay now so will probably leave if for a while and see what happens to the prices or hopefully QPL will do the right thing and do a re-run.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I think it's fair to say that out of the four, the Roger one is the least imaginative, and possibly the Freddie one, the most.

And yeah, because I didn't get either of the first two, I really mainly see the one I ordered this morning, as one less the scalpers will get their hands on.

I think it's fair to say, that the eBay prices will eventually stabilise, as the people who have stupid amounts of money either buy them, or don't, and the number of people who actually REALLY wanted them to keep, sorts itself out.

cliff

Post by cliff »

Although its sold out I notice the price for the John Green vinyl now says £13

Kes

Post by Kes »

Well, if it was meant to be £13, then with so few copies, they've not lost much.