50th Anniversary

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Kes

Re: 50th Anniversary

Post by Kes »

Much as though I'd like to see Knebworth get a proper CD release, there are three or four more tours from the 70's that deserve putting out.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Definitely. I finally want the 77 and 79 shows on DVD in best possible quality. Also Hyde Park if whatever they have is releasable.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Ray wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:46 am Wembley 86 on HD DVD please! :lol:
No, Wembley on VHS

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:43 pm
No, Wembley on VHS
Bundled with a Queen branded VHS player, and one of 20 album-themed SCART leads.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Generic username wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:02 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:43 pm
No, Wembley on VHS
Bundled with a Queen branded VHS player, and one of 20 album-themed SCART leads.
We had the VHS already, also HD DVD is most likely even more dead than VHS.

The Queen branded player with 20 SCART leads sounds almost official though, nice! Only missing some fitting Wembley socks now...

cliff

Post by cliff »

cliff wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:01 am I'm not saying its the postman but to some 'professional' scalper it can't be hard to sus out a weak point in the chain from Digital stores warehouse to the final destination.

I doubt that Digital stores put 500 records in a postbox at the end of the road! They are probably collected from the warehouse and by the time of the 4th release some desperate scalper will know what to look out for (A4 sized while cardboard envelope) and when (previous one's all dispatched Monday evening).

Maybe I'm being cynical but who knows what lengths these scalpers will go to, after all they did barge their way into the pop up shop last week to get hold of the very same record and they are currently going for as much as £500+ on ebay.

It could just be 'lost in the post', but what does that mean these days when there is so much technology and security. Do things actually get 'lost' in the post nowadays? Even something so called lost is actually somewhere.

This has really made me think about my collecting if this is what it has come to, maybe I should sell my whole collection - I could probably retire off the proceeds :lol:
Well I need to take all that back as to my shock its just turned up almost 2 weeks late. The packaging was quite battered and looks like its been wet and dried out but fortunately the vinyl record has survived almost in tact, the plastic shrink wrap has obviously saved it from the wet, just one small crease on one corner which may 'iron' out.

Obviously was 'lost' somewhere in the system.

I note the prices on e-bay for the Brian one are ranging from £380 to £675, that's crazy, anyone know why the Brian one is going for far more than the others?

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

I've seen it suggested elsewhere that Sail Away Sweet Sister hasn't been on a 7' vinyl before so it increases its collectability but I dunno. I wouldn't have personally have guessed that would make it particularly more sought after and push the price up more than it would otherwise have been. Having said that, although I consider myself a collector, I'm small fry compared to the real serious collectors who might have different priorities.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Possibly it's going for more because the other three were split between online, and in the store.

People who'd got the others by queueing up outside the store, might have dipped out because of that riot.

Personally, I can't justify the sort of money they're going for, so unless a nice big lottery win comes in....

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Also it's the final one, and scalpers will know that anyone who already has the other three will be even more desperate to complete the set.

Kes

Post by Kes »

That'd piss them off, if they rattled off mother couple of thousand sets, and put them in the store.

That would take the arse straight out of their market.