50th Anniversary

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
rpt81

Re: 50th Anniversary

Post by rpt81 »

Kes wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:28 am Much as though I'd like to see Knebworth get a proper CD release, there are three or four more tours from the 70's that deserve putting out.
Seeing what Oasis are about to put out of their Knebworth shows (live album, plus DVD / Blu-ray featuring both nights in full and the cinema documentary), it really hits home what a shame it is that there isn't that level of footage available for the Queen show. There's low quality videos on Youtube, seemingly cam footage of the video screens, which makes me wonder whether there would be interest (and more importantly for the band, money) in them doing a Doctor Who and hiring an animation company to recreate the gig over the original audio.

Long term, and again like Kes says there are higher priorities for fans, they could probably put together a Magic Tour audio boxset. 9 CDs; Knebworth in full, both nights at Wembley (first night having never had an audio release), Budapest (which, correct me if I'm wrong, was only available on CD as part of the DVD / Blu-ray of the HR film), and a remastered Live Magic. Release them all individually a month or two later for those who don't want the full set.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

rpt81 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:36 pm

makes me wonder whether there would be interest (and more importantly for the band, money) in them doing a Doctor Who and hiring an animation company to recreate the gig over the original audio.
Oh Hell no. Never. No effing way.

That's OK for scripts that were never filmed...and fiction.

Not OK for this. Ewwwwwwww

Ray

Post by Ray »

Best thing we will ever have of Knebworth on video is that filmed Jumbotron footage...I'm actually surprised I've never seen another bootleg like that. Not the worst idea to just film the screen there, that makes it a pro-shot at least. :lol:

I'm fine with "only" having the two Wembley concerts and Budapest to watch. Knebworth will remain in the memories of those people who were there. Just wish they shot Wembley on film...but there are lots of concerts I wish people knew back then the higher quality would pay off later.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tenement Funster

Post by Tenement Funster »

as someone who was there, aged 16 and their first ever gig, I'd love to see Knebworth.

However, as a general fan we have WAY too much from the magic tour already. No need for more.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Tenement Funster wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:09 pm as someone who was there, aged 16 and their first ever gig, I'd love to see Knebworth.

However, as a general fan we have WAY too much from the magic tour already. No need for more.
Yes, We need more 70's gigs. We have enough of this Moustache period!

Ray

Post by Ray »

If anything from that era, the Rock in Rio 85 one could get a proper official release with improved picture and audio quality.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Ray wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:14 pm If anything from that era, the Rock in Rio 85 one could get a proper official release with improved picture and audio quality.
And please, both nights, not compilation.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Strange that with Wembley'86 they did not do this. I am about compilation

Newearthmud

Post by Newearthmud »

Rock In Rio definitely needs revamped and reissued. A set of both nights would be a perfect addition to the 50th anniversary. I still don't even own a DVD copy of this because it was only lumped in that triple box set with two other DVD's I did already own.

Woody70

Post by Woody70 »

I’ve always understood that Globo TV own the footage for Rio, and the VHS content is all that the band were able to negotiate for release. I think they tried to obtain the rest of the footage after Freddie passed but the cost was too high. Not sure they’ll be able to expand or upgrade the video content easily.