Rudi’s Latest Claim

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
MyHumanZoo

Rudi’s Latest Claim

Post by MyHumanZoo »

So Rudi said in his last video that he is working on some kind of documentary project with Queen, I believe for their 50th anniversary, and to be out in the fall of this year. He also said that he was working on another project with them as well but couldn’t talk about it. So the documentary could be some kind of update to his older ones, I suppose, it seems it would be hard to come up with something completely new at this point. I have no clue on the other one, we’ll see if it ever materializes. He is definitely more talk than action.

Jake

Re: Rudi’s Latest Claim

Post by Jake »

MyHumanZoo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:26 pm So Rudi said in his last video that he is working on some kind of documentary project with Queen, I believe for their 50th anniversary, and to be out in the fall of this year. He also said that he was working on another project with them as well but couldn’t talk about it. So the documentary could be some kind of update to his older ones, I suppose, it seems it would be hard to come up with something completely new at this point. I have no clue on the other one, we’ll see if it ever materializes. He is definitely more talk than action.
He very well might be. It doesn’t mean anything will be released, though. Judging by the latest The Miracle box set and many other things in the past, Queen is more talk than action... I’m still waiting for that Highlander album Brian said he’d work on. Don’t undermine Rudi, he’s not a leech trying to big himself up. He’s 1st class.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Would anyone be surprised if his definition of "working with" turned out to be agreeing to license footage to them?

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Jake wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:42 am
MyHumanZoo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:26 pm So Rudi said in his last video that he is working on some kind of documentary project with Queen, I believe for their 50th anniversary, and to be out in the fall of this year. He also said that he was working on another project with them as well but couldn’t talk about it. So the documentary could be some kind of update to his older ones, I suppose, it seems it would be hard to come up with something completely new at this point. I have no clue on the other one, we’ll see if it ever materializes. He is definitely more talk than action.
He very well might be. It doesn’t mean anything will be released, though. Judging by the latest The Miracle box set and many other things in the past, Queen is more talk than action... I’m still waiting for that Highlander album Brian said he’d work on. Don’t undermine Rudi, he’s not a leech trying to big himself up. He’s 1st class.
I’m not trying to undermine Rudi, I actually quite like him. I think if anything comes out, this will. I believe he really is working with Queen and that something will be released for the 50th anniversary. But really Rudi is not big on follow through, he has promised all kinds of stuff lately that never showed up. I think he’s one of those creative big thinkers that has tons of great ideas but not necessarily the discipline to see them through before he gets distracted by the next big idea. Hopefully with Queen to force the execution of this collaboration...it will happen. I know lots of people are skeptical on both Rudi and Queen as far as releases, but I choose to believe this one! 😊

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

I’m still waiting for that Highlander album Brian said he’d work on.
Wasn't that down to the death of Michael Kamen though? Hardly Mr May's fault.

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

I like Rudi - well, what I know of him. But I hope they get someone else to do a big documentary rather than him - someone fresh with a novel way at looking at things. I really don't want another DORO film. But, then again he does have his hands on some footage and I guess Queen have to work with him to obtain it.

runner70

Post by runner70 »

Jake wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:42 am Don’t undermine Rudi, he’s not a leech trying to big himself up. He’s 1st class.
Was that meant to be ironic??? First class really? Where is he "Book" ? And one of the most offensive things he ever did was trying to sell the "Champions Of The World" Video
with "Freddie's last interview". Of course it was the 1985 munich session with the famous "You are the last person I'm talking to" (meant to be the person ON THAT DAY!). That was disgraceful.

runner70

Post by runner70 »

MyHumanZoo wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:49 pm
I’m not trying to undermine Rudi, I actually quite like him. I think if anything comes out, this will. I believe he really is working with Queen and that something will be released for the 50th anniversary. But really Rudi is not big on follow through, he has promised all kinds of stuff lately that never showed up. I think he’s one of those creative big thinkers that has tons of great ideas but not necessarily the discipline to see them through before he gets distracted by the next big idea. Hopefully with Queen to force the execution of this collaboration...it will happen. I know lots of people are skeptical on both Rudi and Queen as far as releases, but I choose to believe this one! 😊
From what I heard he had a massive fallout with Brian and there was no work with Queen (or whats left of it) after the Freddie movie

runner70

Post by runner70 »

MusicalProstitute wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:34 pm
I like Rudi - well, what I know of him. But I hope they get someone else to do a big documentary rather than him - someone fresh with a novel way at looking at things. I really don't want another DORO film. But, then again he does have his hands on some footage and I guess Queen have to work with him to obtain it.
DORO is bancrupt for ages

robdeighton

Post by robdeighton »

I thought that the 'Days of our lives' documentary from the 40th anniversary (Simon Lupton / Rhys Thomas) was one of the best ones. Never been a fan of DoRo product.