The Treasures of Queen book.

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Life is Real

The Treasures of Queen book.

Post by Life is Real »

Hi. Just heads up to anyone who hasn't bought this book yet. It's a bargain £7.49 on Amazon right now. Came across while browsing so thought it worth a share.

Generic username

Re: The Treasures of Queen book.

Post by Generic username »

Was looking through the original issue of this the other day - it is quite tempting to get another to rip open and scan....

rpt81

Post by rpt81 »

Does this version come with or without the various trinkets and stuff that were in the original 40 Years of Queen release? I never did anything about sorting the missing half of the interview CD from the original, and could be tempted to double-dip if you get the full disc in this one.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

I don't know, but I strongly doubt that there are 2 CDs in this one. Didn't they just throw out a digital download for the second half?

Life is Real

Post by Life is Real »

Read some recent reviews and it seems this is a less lavish version of the original.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

A few weeks ago I sold my 2011 edition to someone in South America for an insane price. It had basically sat on my shelf virtually untouched since day one. :shock:

Kes

Post by Kes »

Generic username wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:22 pm I don't know, but I strongly doubt that there are 2 CDs in this one. Didn't they just throw out a digital download for the second half?
First edition was black, right? Second edition was purple.

If so, I think the second edition had the full interview.

Tero

Post by Tero »

rpt81 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:40 pm Does this version come with or without the various trinkets and stuff that were in the original 40 Years of Queen release? I never did anything about sorting the missing half of the interview CD from the original, and could be tempted to double-dip if you get the full disc in this one.
Was that interview available anywhere for the ones who bought the first edition? I have no idea if I have it or not :lol:

I also seem to remember that there was a missing text on the NOTW insert, and the whole book was replaced?
I have no recollection if I have two copies of this book, but at least I have the two versions of Roger's The Lot. :roll:

Kes

Post by Kes »

I believe the first edition only had the first half of the interview, but if you wrote in, they'd send you a download link to the second half. Didn't do it myself, so I don't know if it worked or not.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

It did, I have the second half on a cdr in the book.