Queen and George Michael

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Nicki

Queen and George Michael

Post by Nicki »

I often hear people say, that Brian and Roger should have teamed up with George Michael after his stellar performance at the Tribute concert.

In his latest interview with Classic Rock Roger answered the question, why they never did that. I‘ve read something similar before (like the band was too loud, George hated that he couldn’t hear himself), but it’s always good to have the direct quote.

Roger Taylor: “George Michael was never going to join Queen”

Roger Taylor has addressed rumours that Queen were going to enlist George Michael to replace Freddie Mercury in the 1990s.

In a brand new interview in the latest issue of Classic Rock, the drummer denied that he and Brian May planned to recruit the Faith singer following the 1992 Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert.

“I remember hearing the rumours, but it wouldn't have suited us,” says Taylor. “George wasn't really used to working with a live band. When he heard the power he had behind him in rehearsal, he couldn’t believe it. He thought he was on Concorde or something.”

https://www.loudersound.com/news/roger- ... join-queen

Dali

Re: Queen and George Michael

Post by Dali »

Imagine George singing Tie Your Mother Down. Can you do it? Me neither.

I loved him, he had an unbelievable voice. But he didn't have the versatility to sing Queen. Few people do.