Record Collector Queen Special

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
eiricd

Record Collector Queen Special

Post by eiricd »

nice magazine, would reccommend it to any fans.
Nice interview with Bri and Rog, with some more in depth answers and "unusual" questions.

- seems RT has a solo album in the not too distant future
- Brian seems to be compiling a Back to the Light box set
- Brian says Albert Hall 98 was filmed in 3D! ..and that he doesn’t know where the footage is. Time to get in touch with mr Dolezal?!?!?!

oh..and they've conveniently erased The Cosmos Rocks from the discography listed in the back. The live albums are there, but not the studio album. Pure class :)

TheMiracleMan

Re: Record Collector Queen Special

Post by TheMiracleMan »

eiricd wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:07 am nice magazine, would reccommend it to any fans.
Nice interview with Bri and Rog, with some more in depth answers and "unusual" questions.

- Brian says Albert Hall 98 was filmed in 3D! ..and that he doesn’t know where the footage is. Time to get in touch with mr Dolezal?!?!?!

oh..and they've conveniently erased The Cosmos Rocks from the discography listed in the back. The live albums are there, but not the studio album. Pure class :)

and not a word about the box-set of the "Miracle" album.

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

I don't think this is the vehicle to announce a big Queen box set.
Solo plans are one thing, but not Queen...a bigger splash is needed

Tero

Post by Tero »

That sounds like a sequel... Queen At the Bowl 2 - A Bigger Splash :D

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Queen at the bowl 3: Down the pan
Queen at the bowl 4: Heavy recycling

daga

Post by daga »

What do you think about price? Sometimes very different to Discogs!
I think some singles or album over prices in Top100.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Pricing is always an educated guess, no more.

For anything specific, I look at what sales are actually being completed on ebay - what people are willing to pay is more relevant than anything g else

Cmsdrums

Post by Cmsdrums »

eiricd wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:07 am
They’ve also included the ‘Live Around The World’ album releases but forgotten the ‘You Are The Champions’ limited edition single release!

The magazine also needs proper proof reading as they’ve reference a photo of Peter “Stryker”, and the Queen in 3D book offer apparently expires in April “2020”, not 2021!

Cmsdrums

Post by Cmsdrums »

It was news to me that the band had rehearsed for several days on the pier in Herne Bay in Kent (which is where I live) in their very early days; the pier was at that time the longest in the country I think, but was split in two by storms in the late 70s.(there is talk of it being rebuilt - perhaps we should ask R&B to do the official opening! 😄

runner70

Post by runner70 »

eiricd wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:07 am nice magazine, would reccommend it to any fans.

They should have been complete if they left Lamebird out of the (otherwise great) Maylor Interview! Good effort but some appalling mistakes like "Too much love will Kill you" first single and being a Cross Song omg. Was there no proof reader available? Otherwise enjoyable even if I question some of the collector's items worth: The "Absolute Greatest" book with 2 CD's 495 pounds? No way. you get it from Ebay for 80 and less