The Queen Family Singalong (ABC)

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Nicki

Re: The Queen Family Singalong (ABC)

Post by Nicki »

QueenFanUSA wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:33 am So...what did everybody think about it?
What about you? What did you think about it?
I was only able to watch the few videos on YouTube, so it’s hard to judge. In the comments on YT some people said that they enjoyed the short videos and bits about Queen that aired between the songs.

montavilla

Post by montavilla »

I watched the whole show on Hulu. It was fine. Adam's bit had a nice elegance, even if it didn't have the energy of a live performance. I like Darren Criss, so I enjoyed him hosting. I also like Derek Hough's -- I think he's one of the best TV choreographers working right now, so I liked him making a paso doble from "Another One Bites the Dust." Likewise, Pentatonix are top of their game. And I know who Miss Piggy is. She's cool.

I wasn't really familiar with the other performers, but Jojo Silwa had a lot of swagger for a teenager, so good on her. A black country singer is still unusual, so thanks to Disney for highlighting Jimmie Allen. None of those Broadway Disney performers really stood out, but why not promote them? I'm sure Broadway can use the boost.

It was silly, fun, and enjoyable. I hope people were singing along in their homes. We could all use a bit of that.

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

montavilla wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:57 pm A black country singer is still unusual, so thanks to Disney for highlighting Jimmie Allen. None of those Broadway Disney performers really stood out, but why not promote them? I'm sure Broadway can use the boost.
There are quite a few, actually. Charley Pride, Aaron Neville, Neil McCoy and quite a few others. :)

QueenFanUSA

Post by QueenFanUSA »

Nicki wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:37 am
QueenFanUSA wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:33 am So...what did everybody think about it?
What about you? What did you think about it?
I was only able to watch the few videos on YouTube, so it’s hard to judge. In the comments on YT some people said that they enjoyed the short videos and bits about Queen that aired between the songs.

I thought it was entertaining.

MichaelAllred76

Post by MichaelAllred76 »

I thought it was pretty cringey tbh

QueenFanUSA

Post by QueenFanUSA »

MichaelAllred76 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:42 am I thought it was pretty cringey tbh
What parts were cringey, specifically?

MichaelAllred76

Post by MichaelAllred76 »

The whole thing