Your latest Queen buys Part 2

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Generic username

Re: Your latest Queen buys Part 2

Post by Generic username »

His name is on the ticket,his face is on the poster. If he divas off, they'd have to cancel, wouldn't they?

Plus, JSS would have confirmed it by now, subtle modest quiet individual that he is:D

Kes

Post by Kes »

Good points. Maybe JSS was just there so often because he's a Queen fan. Maybe he was a contingency plan. Like religion, we will all believe what we want to believe.

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

I do remember Paul having issues with his voice somewhere on the tour, right before the UK leg.
There were gigs were he wasn’t on stage for quite a bit in the middle of the show.
At least that’s the official story.
Incidentally, I think that’s about when the JSS sightings started…

I also remember JSS’ manager alluding on a forum somewhere that all wasn’t well in the QPR camp at the time…

Would love to know the full story :)

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Picked up the various artists Hendrix tribute In from the Storm for the original version of Brian’s “One Rainy Wish”. I wasn’t gonna bother tracking this one down but I came across a dirt cheap copy for sale and I’m glad I got it - I much prefer this mix of the song to the one on Another World.

The album itself is mostly a bit naff though. The only other track I found worthwhile was a great version of “Bold As Love” with a certain Paul Rodgers on vocals, along with Steve Vai on guitar. Otherwise the covers were all over the place.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Look what beauties I found in my mail today!
Thank God, Christmas can come now! :D :D

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Mine came today. I wasn't expecting it until next year for some reason so was a nice surprise.

Life is Real

Post by Life is Real »

I've ordered that, forgot I had ! Hopefully through my door any day soon.
Black on black t shirt arrived today 👍

Life is Real

Post by Life is Real »

My Rolling stone single arrived 👍also nabbed the Thank God its Christmas jumper at the Carnaby Street store on a visit to London this week.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

A couple more collaboration bits - the Strat Pack live concert DVD and Paul Rodgers' Muddy Water Blues album, both of which feature guest spots by Brian.

The DVD was fantastic, with a really great roster of appearances. Paul Rodgers actually shows up on this, too, and even does "All Right Now" with Brian on guitar. I think this was just before the first Q+PR tour so it was effectively warm-up for them. Otherwise Brian mostly plays backup for The Crickets, although he gets to sing lead on "Maybe Baby" (which he previously covered as an Another World B-side) and "That'll Be the Day". Star of the show was probably David Gilmour though, who absolutely nailed it on his set.

I've not listened to the CD yet, but again, some superb names involved. As well as Brian you've got Slash, David Gilmour, Gary Moore, Neal Schon, Richie Sambora and Jeff Beck showing up to lend their talents, to name but a few. Also didn't realise until this actually arrived, but it seems I got a special edition version that comes with a bonus disc on which Paul re-recorded some of his Free and Bad Company hits.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

If I recall, that Strat Pack gig, Brian was the only person not to play a Fender on the night.