Queenextravananza Meet Up

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Re: Queenextravananza Meet Up

Postby Bri » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:30 am

vivid wrote:
jimbo wrote:Right then, I'll get the ball rolling so to speak about trying to organise something!

How about a meet up in the pub on the corner right next to the Shepherds Bush Empire at 3pm-8pm on the afternoon/evening of 6th November before the gig later that evening.

That would give everyone a chance to meet up and have a few drinks, and then those that want to can go and have a sing-along with the tribute band later. Who knows after a few drinks I might want to go and join in myself!

I'd be up for a London Meet Up. My tickets are booked, I just need to sort the hotel & I'll be there!

Not been to a QOLmeet in I can't remember how long! The last one was a bit of an accident, bumping into a couple of members at Freddies 65th at the Dominion. Before then they were a semi regular occurence & I made a few of them.

Freddies 60th was the last time I me people from here as well!
It's better to burn out - than to fade away!

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Im crusin' in overdrive....

Postby vivid » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Bri wrote:
vivid wrote:
jimbo wrote:Right then, I'll get the ball rolling so to speak about trying to organise something!

How about a meet up in the pub on the corner right next to the Shepherds Bush Empire at 3pm-8pm on the afternoon/evening of 6th November before the gig later that evening.

That would give everyone a chance to meet up and have a few drinks, and then those that want to can go and have a sing-along with the tribute band later. Who knows after a few drinks I might want to go and join in myself!

I'd be up for a London Meet Up. My tickets are booked, I just need to sort the hotel & I'll be there!

Not been to a QOLmeet in I can't remember how long! The last one was a bit of an accident, bumping into a couple of members at Freddies 65th at the Dominion. Before then they were a semi regular occurence & I made a few of them.

Freddies 60th was the last time I me people from here as well!

Yeah I was at Freddies 60th in 2006 as well. Freddies 65th in 2011 turned out to be a bit of a damp squib. Met FD & a couple of others. But Bri & Rog stayed at the party at The Savoy sadly.

vivid
Spread Your Wings

Has arrived!

Postby julymorning » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:29 am

vivid wrote:
vivid wrote:

Yeah I was at Freddies 60th in 2006 as well. Freddies 65th in 2011 turned out to be a bit of a damp squib. Met FD & a couple of others. But Bri & Rog stayed at the party at The Savoy sadly.

I had to chuckle at a thought and voice that popped into my head as I read "Freddies 65th". The (voice) said "!!65th!! :shock: My GOD darlings that is old! No,no I would not have planned on getting on that long. So Bri and Rog kept away at The Savoy, huh? Well fuck them, they didn't ask me along and it was my birthday!"

<----------weird mood tonight.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby MTQueenie » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Well i'm definitely not going to the show but i might be in London for a visit around that time and if so i'm up for a meetup :)

MTQueenie
Spread Your Wings

Postby jimbo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:11 pm

Anyway, I'll be there at the bar at about 3ish, in my Hot Space t-shirt, if anyone wants to have a chat and a few drinks :)

So, we are just over 10 days away now, anyone going?
Hot Space is actually only my 6th favourite Queen album.
(But is a very underrated album in my opinion).

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby fairydandy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:22 pm

jimbo wrote:

Anyway, I'll be there at the bar at about 3ish, in my Hot Space t-shirt, if anyone wants to have a chat and a few drinks :)

So, we are just over 10 days away now, anyone going?

No one will be there! We have had lists before of 50 people and no one turned up! But seriously, we should have another London meet up early next year.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby jimbo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:46 am

^^^ Well I'm going to be there, but by the looks of it, on my own :lol:
Hot Space is actually only my 6th favourite Queen album.
(But is a very underrated album in my opinion).

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby Fizzle » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:16 pm

I would go if I were closer. It's fun to put faces to usernames. I've had the pleasure of doing it once at the North American convention a few years back, though it doesn't seem many of the people I met post here anymore.

Fizzle
The Show Must Go On

Wannabee pseudo Tolkien-esque

Previous

Return to Queen Extravaganza