Queen extravaganza UK shows

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Queen extravaganza UK shows

Postby desboroua » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:53 pm

I cannot believe that there isn't more of a buzz on here regarding these shows. I went to the show at Newcastle on Sunday night and was that bowled over by it that I have registered with QOL to shout it from the roof tops.

I am 47 years old and have been a Queen fan since 1976. I was lucky enough to see Queen with Freddie several times, the first time was at a relatively small venue, so I am not that easily pleased when it comes to other people covering Queens music (cover bands/tribute acts etc). However the concert on Sunday was different, they were simply awesome.

I urge you all, to if possible get to one of the remaining shows. If you like Queen and I pretty much guess that's given if your reading this, then I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

The show is steeped in Queen authenticity, Roger and Brian's influence is immediately obvious. Its not in the least bit cheesy its just a great set list performed immaculately and for me who is normally far to cool to get carried away by this kind of thing, well i spent the opening song open mouthed in amazement and the rest of the show stamping my feet, clapping my hands and singing along at the top of my voice.

Thank you to all involved in The Queen Extravaganza 10/10
Tony

desboroua
Spread Your Wings

Re: Queen extravaganza UK shows

Postby Another_Roger » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:14 pm

That was great to hear. Really glad you had a good time!

This tribute band works against all odds. When they first started off doing the auditions I did not really believe it could turn out this well. Its almost magic. Marc Martel is the perfect front man for such a band. Even though he sounds like Freddie, and kinda looks like him its obvious that he is not trying to be him. He has his own personality on stage which is good. I am so glad that he doesnt copy Freddies moves and stuff. He always talks about Freddie with the greatest respect, and I think it is genuine.

The concerts they pull off is bl*** fantastic from start to end. As I have said before they Marc could have sung more of the songs. If Jennifer reads on here I will just emphasise that she is a very good singer, but for Queen only male voices is needed. Only my opinion though :)

About the lack of buzz: I think some of the users on the forum have decided in advance that they don't like it, and thats fine. Hopefully the current tour will create more demand for Queen Extravaganza magic! I hope they go on for many years :)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:26 am

You two are exactly right on all counts.

Some decided from the get-go to hate this, and nothing is going to change them, whether they saw Queen live with Freddie in the past like we did, or they didn't. Fortunately enough people have been open minded and all that, gave QE a chance and were bowled over, becoming believers. I say fortunately, because I for one would be heart broken if their touring days were ended and I never saw them as Queen Extravaganza again.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby jimbo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:37 am

desboroua wrote:I cannot believe that there isn't more of a buzz on here regarding these shows. I went to the show at Newcastle on Sunday night and was that bowled over by it that I have registered with QOL to shout it from the roof tops.

I am 47 years old and have been a Queen fan since 1976. I was lucky enough to see Queen with Freddie several times, the first time was at a relatively small venue, so I am not that easily pleased when it comes to other people covering Queens music (cover bands/tribute acts etc). However the concert on Sunday was different, they were simply awesome.

I urge you all, to if possible get to one of the remaining shows. If you like Queen and I pretty much guess that's given if your reading this, then I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

The show is steeped in Queen authenticity, Roger and Brian's influence is immediately obvious. Its not in the least bit cheesy its just a great set list performed immaculately and for me who is normally far to cool to get carried away by this kind of thing, well i spent the opening song open mouthed in amazement and the rest of the show stamping my feet, clapping my hands and singing along at the top of my voice.

Thank you to all involved in The Queen Extravaganza 10/10
Tony

But they are just a tribute band at the end of the day.

I don't dislike them from what I've seen, in fact I nearly went last night but was busy in the end and couldn't make it. In fact it looked like an enjoyable evening, and I'd have liked to have been there, never mind.
Hot Space is actually only my 6th favourite Queen album.
(But is a very underrated album in my opinion).

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby AdamMethos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:51 pm

So two unrelated people are saying they saw John Deacon at the London QE show:

One on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152094584907176.1073741827.775877175&type=1

And one on Twitter
https://twitter.com/SML_hulltiger/status/398465060353220610

Now Spike was at that show with Roger, so could it be mistaken identity? :shock:

desboroua wrote:I cannot believe that there isn't more of a buzz on here regarding these shows.

The makeup of this board seems to be around 50% against Queen having an official tribute band in principle, 45% don't care one way or the other, and 5% like QE. :-|

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby Bri » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:09 pm

AdamMethos wrote:So two unrelated people are saying they saw John Deacon at the London QE show:

One on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152094584907176.1073741827.775877175&type=1

And one on Twitter

Now Spike was at that show with Roger, so could it be mistaken identity? :shock:

desboroua wrote:I cannot believe that there isn't more of a buzz on here regarding these shows.

The makeup of this board seems to be around 50% against Queen having an official tribute band in principle, 45% don't care one way or the other, and 5% like QE. :-|

Jacky has confirmed that John was not there - and he does not have any facebook profile!
It's better to burn out - than to fade away!

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Im crusin' in overdrive....

Postby jimbo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:30 pm

^^^ but how would she know for definite that he wasn't there, unless she was stood on the door checking everyone as they went in?

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby jimbo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:36 pm

AdamMethos wrote:So two unrelated people are saying they saw John Deacon at the London QE show:

One on Facebook

And one on Twitter

I don't agree with those %'s at all. I'd say the majority here quite like QE, but are really not that bothered about making a fuss about them, as they are just a tribute band.

I definitely fall into that category. I would have liked to have gone the other night, but was busy and couldn't go. I'm sure I would have enjoyed myself. The fact thay they are the official tribute band makes no difference to me. They look to be very good, and that's all that matters really.

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby Bri » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:52 pm

jimbo wrote:^^^ but how would she know for definite that he wasn't there, unless she was stood on the door checking everyone as they went in?

She is in contact with him and who gets what on guestlists etc.......

Lets put it this way - he was not there in a "official" sence! If he sneeked in as a normal punter that is another matter! :lol:

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Postby jimbo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Bri wrote:
jimbo wrote:^^^ but how would she know for definite that he wasn't there, unless she was stood on the door checking everyone as they went in?

She is in contact with him and who gets what on guestlists etc.......

Lets put it this way - he was not there in a "official" sence! If he sneeked in as a normal punter that is another matter! :lol:

Let's face it, it is very unlikely he was there, but if he was I reckon he would have turned up as a normal punter, to not draw attention to himself.

Having said that, I wonder how many people would actually recognise him now :?

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby Bri » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:52 pm

He doesn't look that different!

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:30 pm

Bri wrote:

One on Facebook

And one on Twitter

Jacky has confirmed that John was not there - and he does not have any facebook profile!

She didn't mean John Deacon has a facebook profile, she means it was on facebook that someone posted that they saw him at the concert.

As for him being there, I have my doubts, serious doubts. I would imagine if he had any curiosity about the band at all, he'd have satisfied it with a glance at youtube. And if he was, my reaction is "so what!".
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Bri » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:56 pm

julymorning wrote:She didn't mean John Deacon has a facebook profile, she means it was on facebook that someone posted that they saw him at the concert.

Someone said that JD has posted something on his sons profile. Jacky replied "Deaky wasn't there last night, sadly! And beware, he does NOT have facebook, I checked into it personally and John confirmed that it was NOT him! x"

:roll:

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Postby AdamMethos » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:43 pm

jimbo wrote:
AdamMethos wrote:The makeup of this board seems to be around 50% against Queen having an official tribute band in principle, 45% don't care one way or the other, and 5% like QE. :-|

I don't agree with those %'s at all. I'd say the majority here quite like QE, but are really not that bothered about making a fuss about them, as they are just a tribute band.

I definitely fall into that category. I would have liked to have gone the other night, but was busy and couldn't go. I'm sure I would have enjoyed myself. The fact thay they are the official tribute band makes no difference to me. They look to be very good, and that's all that matters really.

I guess I'm interpreting not make a fuss as "don't care one way or the other" and "like" as being enthusiastic enough to make positive comments. If you look at the number of regular posters on this board vs. how many post about QE vs. how many post positive things about QE, I think the percentages are about right. Of course, I'm just going by posts as there's no way to tell if there are a bunch of lurkers who like QE.

Bri wrote:Someone said that JD has posted something on his sons profile. Jacky replied "Deaky wasn't there last night, sadly! And beware, he does NOT have facebook, I checked into it personally and John confirmed that it was NOT him! x"

Not sure if you mean me, but that wasn't what I meant in my original post. I meant that two people who are not related to each other went to the London concert and claimed they saw John Deacon there. One of them posted a comment about it in their Twitter feed and the other posted a comment about it in the description of a Facebook album of photos that they took at the concert -- that's what the links to Twitter and Facebook are.

Personally, I think they saw Spike take the stage with Roger at the end of the show and assumed it was John because they are casual fans and figured who else except Brian would join Roger on stage.

Looks like QE had their best show yet in London!

Unbelievable show in London last night. One of the highlights of my career as a musician. Thanks to all who shared in the experience. (Marc Martel)

Last night's show in London was the most amazing musical experience of my life. I'm so fortunate to be part of this amazing band. (Brandon Ethridge, keyboards)

Here's a video with 20 minutes of clips from the London show, including Roger and Spike at the end. :onfire:

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby julymorning » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Bri wrote:
julymorning wrote:She didn't mean John Deacon has a facebook profile, she means it was on facebook that someone posted that they saw him at the concert.

Someone said that JD has posted something on his sons profile. Jacky replied "Deaky wasn't there last night, sadly! And beware, he does NOT have facebook, I checked into it personally and John confirmed that it was NOT him! x"

:roll:

You needn't roll your eyes at me. And I know quite well what Jacky posted, I am on Jacky's friend list and get the same status comments from her page, Queen International Fan Club Page,et al, as everyone else.

My comment was entirely concerning your quote of Adam Methos' post.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Next

Return to Queen Extravaganza