Queen extravaganza UK shows

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Re: Queen extravaganza UK shows

Postby jimbo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Bri wrote:He doesn't look that different!

Look, it's Deacy :)

And your right, he doesn't look that different, but how long ago was that photo taken?
Hot Space is actually only my 6th favourite Queen album.
(But is a very underrated album in my opinion).

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby jimbo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Bri wrote:
julymorning wrote:She didn't mean John Deacon has a facebook profile, she means it was on facebook that someone posted that they saw him at the concert.

Someone said that JD has posted something on his sons profile. Jacky replied "Deaky wasn't there last night, sadly! And beware, he does NOT have facebook, I checked into it personally and John confirmed that it was NOT him! x"

:roll:

Wow, so Jacky is in touch with John, good to hear :-D

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby AdamMethos » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:49 pm

jimbo wrote:

Look, it's Deacy :)

And your right, he doesn't look that different, but how long ago was that photo taken?

IIRC the photo is from 2009.

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby jimbo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:53 pm

^^^ Cheers, well he looks well. What a legend!

And I'll use this opportunity to say again that it would be great if he did one last goodbye to the fans at a Queen gig at say Wembley in 2014, so we could all thank him and acknowledge his huge contribution to the group :)

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby jimbo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:54 pm

AdamMethos wrote:
jimbo wrote:
AdamMethos wrote:The makeup of this board seems to be around 50% against Queen having an official tribute band in principle, 45% don't care one way or the other, and 5% like QE. :-|

I don't agree with those %'s at all. I'd say the majority here quite like QE, but are really not that bothered about making a fuss about them, as they are just a tribute band.

I definitely fall into that category. I would have liked to have gone the other night, but was busy and couldn't go. I'm sure I would have enjoyed myself. The fact thay they are the official tribute band makes no difference to me. They look to be very good, and that's all that matters really.

I guess I'm interpreting not make a fuss as "don't care one way or the other" and "like" as being enthusiastic enough to make positive comments. If you look at the number of regular posters on this board vs. how many post about QE vs. how many post positive things about QE, I think the percentages are about right. Of course, I'm just going by posts as there's no way to tell if there are a bunch of lurkers who like QE.

Bri wrote:Someone said that JD has posted something on his sons profile. Jacky replied "Deaky wasn't there last night, sadly! And beware, he does NOT have facebook, I checked into it personally and John confirmed that it was NOT him! x"

Not sure if you mean me, but that wasn't what I meant in my original post. I meant that two people who are not related to each other went to the London concert and claimed they saw John Deacon there. One of them posted a comment about it in their Twitter feed and the other posted a comment about it in the description of a Facebook album of photos that they took at the concert -- that's what the links to Twitter and Facebook are.

Personally, I think they saw Spike take the stage with Roger at the end of the show and assumed it was John because they are casual fans and figured who else except Brian would join Roger on stage.

Looks like QE had their best show yet in London!

Unbelievable show in London last night. One of the highlights of my career as a musician. Thanks to all who shared in the experience. (Marc Martel)

Last night's show in London was the most amazing musical experience of my life. I'm so fortunate to be part of this amazing band. (Brandon Ethridge, keyboards)

Here's a video with 20 minutes of clips from the London show, including Roger and Spike at the end. :onfire:

Well, as i said before, I wish I had been able to go to this, never mind.

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby Bri » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:01 am

julymorning wrote:
Bri wrote:
julymorning wrote:She didn't mean John Deacon has a facebook profile, she means it was on facebook that someone posted that they saw him at the concert.

Someone said that JD has posted something on his sons profile. Jacky replied "Deaky wasn't there last night, sadly! And beware, he does NOT have facebook, I checked into it personally and John confirmed that it was NOT him! x"

:roll:

You needn't roll your eyes at me. And I know quite well what Jacky posted, I am on Jacky's friend list and get the same status comments from her page, Queen International Fan Club Page,et al, as everyone else.

My comment was entirely concerning your quote of Adam Methos' post.

Well why did you say "She didn't mean John Deacon has a facebook profile" when clearly she did? That was what I was responding to.
It's better to burn out - than to fade away!

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Im crusin' in overdrive....

Postby Bri » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:04 am

AdamMethos wrote:
Bri wrote:Someone said that JD has posted something on his sons profile. Jacky replied "Deaky wasn't there last night, sadly! And beware, he does NOT have facebook, I checked into it personally and John confirmed that it was NOT him! x"

Not sure if you mean me, but that wasn't what I meant in my original post. I meant that two people who are not related to each other went to the London concert and claimed they saw John Deacon there.

No i didn't mean your original post :) This was referring to someone on the FB page who thought JD had either done something on FB or Twitter himself.

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Adam methos has already responded to you on that! She never said John Deacon has a facebook page!
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Bri » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:42 pm

julymorning wrote:Adam methos has already responded to you on that! She never said John Deacon has a facebook page!

Oh I give up FFS - lifes to short.

Jacky was obviously referring to something else when she said "And beware, he does NOT have facebook".

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:45 am

Bri wrote:
julymorning wrote:Adam methos has already responded to you on that! She never said John Deacon has a facebook page!

Oh I give up FFS - lifes to short.

Jacky was obviously referring to something else when she said "And beware, he does NOT have facebook".

Since you keep baiting me, it's "too short".

What on earth does Jacky or what she said have anything to do with this thread, or this discussion board, for that matter? Were you or were you not correcting Adam Methos in this thread, and what Adam Methos posted on this thread of two separate persons who commented (one of them on facebook, the other twitter) of the Extravaganza in London that John Deacon was there? And did or did not Adam Methos go on and say that those two persons were probably mistaking Spike for John? What Jacky said on facebook, or wherever, is a mute point to this discussion, on this thread, other than to establish for the sake of everyone that might wonder if John was there or not. Not to be used to correct someone on this thread, because as far as I can tell, no one here said he was there.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Bri » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:15 am

Enough now. Much too minor point to worry about! Just beg to differ ond move on! :)

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Postby pipijolk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:26 pm

It seems to me that Adam Methos post got misunderstood through the grapevine to Jacky. Adam M only stated that SOMEONE on Facebook mentioned that they saw John D., it had nothing to do with any Facebook page that belonged to John D... I think Jacky assumed that: "someone said that John D. said on Facebook he was there."

That wasn't the case.

pipijolk
Spread Your Wings

Postby Teo_torriate04 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:40 am

I don't know, he seems to have let himself go, he's put on a lot of weight, and that goatee doesn't suit him at all!

Teo_torriate04
Spread Your Wings

Postby AlexKx » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:52 am

Lol.

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby JetGirl770 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:56 pm

I adore Queen Extravaganza. A lot of people base the success of this tribute band on the vocals by Marc Martel. Drummer Tyler Warren is amazing; his performance of In Love with my Car is just stunning. Those drum beats and vocals, you can't help but sit up and take notice. Queen music lives on, people need to lighten up and just enjoy those drums and guitars.

JetGirl770
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Queen Extravaganza