Queen extravaganza UK shows

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Re: Queen extravaganza UK shows

Postby Tenement Funster » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:50 pm

Well, I'm eating a lot of humble pie recently. Was originally totally against both Queen+ Adam Lambert and also anti this.

I saw Queen at Knebworth with Freddie, I used to think. I have no interest in this stuff.

But gradually, slowly but surely, I've realised the error of my ways. Saw the Queen+AL gig at the O2 in January and was blown away. Seen the extravaganza videos and have been impressed.

The 40th anniversary ANATO tour is astonishingly coming to my home city of Norwich and once I got over the shock I got tickets.

And I can't wait.

Tenement Funster
Spread Your Wings

Postby soxtalon » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:53 pm

What I wonder is it going to be a special set? Is it going to be the whole of ANATO?

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Tenement Funster » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:10 pm

Yep. "Early queen songs" in the first half and the whole of A Night at the Opera in the second. My guess from that is no songs from after the third album.

Tenement Funster
Spread Your Wings

Postby soxtalon » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:33 pm

That's great! I saw QE on their first US tour and then again as they came back through. I enjoyed the first time a bit more with the expanded setlist...I love that they added some little performed stuff but some of that got cut back the second time around. THIS would be a show I'd love to see...Marc doing Prophet's Song should be awesome.....

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Another_Roger » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Early Queen songs? Hurray! :)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:55 pm

Tenement Funster wrote:Well, I'm eating a lot of humble pie recently. Was originally totally against both Queen+ Adam Lambert and also anti this.

I saw Queen at Knebworth with Freddie, I used to think. I have no interest in this stuff.

But gradually, slowly but surely, I've realised the error of my ways. Saw the Queen+AL gig at the O2 in January and was blown away. Seen the extravaganza videos and have been impressed.

The 40th anniversary ANATO tour is astonishingly coming to my home city of Norwich and once I got over the shock I got tickets.

And I can't wait.

I'm glad you enjoyed the QAL show. For me, it's about hearing that powerful music being played LIVE. I saw the QE show the first time it toured in North America and was very impressed with the singers and the musicians!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby julymorning » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:17 pm

You guys are sooooo lucky to have them again!

Lots of us haven't seem them in almost 3 years and are feeling somewhat slighted, considering it was our recorded videos that first showed the world how fantastic they are.

It must cost too much to send Spike(and Nick?) and the equipment over here again, even though at least two or three of them live close enough(surrounding me)....4 if they can get B. Gresh in for it.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Previous

Return to Queen Extravaganza