Queen Extravaganza coming to Europe

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Queen Extravaganza coming to Europe

Postby AdamMethos » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:56 am

Tweeted today:
QueenExtravaganza ‏@QueenExtrava
Hey @QueenExtrava fans, start saving your €s... ;)

Also found this link that is apparently selling tickets to a show in Vienna, Austria on May 21, 2014:
http://www.eventticketshop.at/a_8_45951_QUEEN-EXTRAVAGANZA-Wien-Arena.html

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Re: Queen Extravaganza coming to Europe

Postby Another_Roger » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:07 am

Nice stuff! Any hope they will come to Norway?

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby TommasoCampanella » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:32 am

***Press Release: THE QUEEN EXTRAVAGANZA EUROPEAN TOUR! - Tickets On Sale Now!***

The Queen Extravaganza is a spectacular touring concert show designed to take the glorious music and live experience of legendary rock band Queen and bring it to generations of fans. Two of Queen’s original band mates and songwriters— iconic drummer Roger Taylor and legendary guitarist Brian May—are the masterminds behind The Queen Extravaganza.

“The Queen Extravaganza is a brand new show specially designed to enable new fans, together with fans of old, to celebrate the music of Queen in a heart-stopping event, says Taylor. “It’s very spectacular, it’s very visual, there are going to be some shocks and some tremendous surprises. It will be a rock celebration in the Royal tradition.”

Taylor personally has taken on the role of producer with long time Queen keyboardist Spike Edney as global music director. Together Taylor and Edney have created the ultimate Queen concert experience in an electrifying road show, which celebrates the band’s music and legacy as performed by a new generation of musical talent.

The Queen Extravaganza band includes musicians selected by Taylor in a unique online talent search that culminated with the group’s performance on American Idol in 2012. The band is: vocalist Marc Martel; guitarist Nick Radcliffe; drummer Tyler Warren; bassist Francois-Olivier Doyon; and keyboardist and musical director Brandon Ethridge. "This band is now so frighteningly good, I would hate to have to follow them on stage," explains Taylor.

The 90-minute show features more than 20 Queen classics drawn from the band’s biggest hits: “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “Another One Bites the Dust,” “Crazy Little Thing Called Love,” “Under Pressure,” “We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions,” “A Kind of Magic,” “Radio Ga Ga,” “Somebody to Love,” and “Killer Queen” as well as other fan favorites. The production will be enhanced visually with rare video footage from Queen’s extensive archives and also newly-created imagery.

TOUR DATES For ticket information, go to queenextravaganza.com/tour-and-tickets/

2014 Dates

May 12 Antwerp - Stadsschouwburg

May 13 Tilburg - 13

May 15 Cologne - Live Music Hall

May 16 Hamburg - Gruenspan

May 18 Munich - Alte Kongresshalle

May 19 Frankfurt - Bastchkapp

May 20 Berlin - Postbahnhof

May 21 Vienna - Arena - On Sale 18/02

May 22 Padova - Gran Teatro Geox - On Sale TBA

May 24 Paris - Olympia

May 26 Copenhagen - Studie 2, DR house - On Sale 19/02

May 28 Oslo - Sentrum - On Sale 22/02

May 29 Stockholm - Tyrol - On Sale 21/02

May 31 Helsinki - Circus - On Sale 24/02

TommasoCampanella
Spread Your Wings

Postby julymorning » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Sad to see Brian Gresh isn't in the line-up, he is substituted with Nick Radcliffe. Perhaps it is THIS Nick Radcliffe:
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby julymorning » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:05 am

My conversation with Brian Gresh about his absence this tour:

Suzi Johnson Michaels>‎Brian Gresh
Brian, the official Queen Extravaganza fb page has a Nick Radcliffe on guitar-not you. Am so disappointed you aren't playing with them and hope it's only a temporary break for your impending new fatherhood.
12 hours ago ·

Brian Gresh Yep I'm taking off for paternity leave. I'm very grateful that the QE is accommodating of my situation, and for all the opportunities they've given me. I'm going to miss them and the fans, and hope to join them again. I'm excited to be a father, can't wait to see Melody!
about an hour ago ·

Suzi Johnson Michaels Some of your fans are here enjoying your happiness as well as your success. Play Queen music for her ~ we need more fans!
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby AdamMethos » Fri May 23, 2014 2:38 pm

Some nice videos from the European shows. I do miss Brian Gresh though. Nick Radcliffe is a fine guitar player, but I just like Brian G's style and "spirit" better.

I'm In Love With My Car

Bohemian Rhapsody

The Show Must Go On

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby AdamMethos » Fri May 23, 2014 2:39 pm

And if you're really digging those :lol: here's 35 minutes of clips from the Berlin show! Includes:

We Will Rock You (fast)
Killer Queen
I Want To Break Free
Love Of My Life
Dragon Attack
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon
I'm In Love With My Car
Bohemian Rhapsody
Under Pressure
A Kind Of Magic
Drum solo
Stone Cold Crazy
The Show Must Go On
Radio Ga Ga
Fat-Bottomed Girls
Somebody To Love
Tie Your Mother Down
We Will Rock You

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby Another_Roger » Fri May 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby AdamMethos » Sat May 31, 2014 2:23 am

I like this one. So rock 'n' roll! :lol:

More pics here:
http://www.lunaelive.com/queen-extravaganza-padova-22052015/

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby Faroukh1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:43 am

Hi Queenies

Get your tickets for Tunbridge Wells here:-

http://www.assemblyhalltheatre.co.uk/th ... xtravangza

:onfire:

Faroukh1
Spread Your Wings

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:29 pm

julymorning wrote:My conversation with Brian Gresh about his absence this tour:

Suzi Johnson Michaels>‎Brian Gresh
Brian, the official Queen Extravaganza fb page has a Nick Radcliffe on guitar-not you. Am so disappointed you aren't playing with them and hope it's only a temporary break for your impending new fatherhood.
12 hours ago ·

Brian Gresh Yep I'm taking off for paternity leave. I'm very grateful that the QE is accommodating of my situation, and for all the opportunities they've given me. I'm going to miss them and the fans, and hope to join them again. I'm excited to be a father, can't wait to see Melody!
about an hour ago ·

Suzi Johnson Michaels Some of your fans are here enjoying your happiness as well as your success. Play Queen music for her ~ we need more fans!

What happened here really? I want Brian Gresh back! Nick is playing well, but Brian was an original member that I liked.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:07 pm

I'm very silent on the Nick thing. He sent me a very scathing letter/message on facebook that first year, in spite of me saying how technically good and talented he is.

Anyway, This is the Gresh's first child, and she is very gifted, much in thanks to Brian being able to do a great deal of his engineering job from home to raise that precious little girl with his wife. I don't blame him for choosing not to go on the road, in spite of the world's loss.

He does perform in his band and as a guest player with other bands, locally to their home where they can go as a family. He is genius with a guitar, as many well known musicians that met him have attested to. It seems that if his humbleness allows him to acknowledge that, he has chosen not to cash in on it.

Matter of fact, I had learned he had recorded an album full of mainly instrumentals, and asked him if I could buy a recording of it. (It's on soundcloud) He made me a recording with sleeve notes and refused to take a penny for it, not even for postage.

I would have also like to have seen Tristan go back with QE, he can play indistinguishable from Brian May.
I need to ask him one of these days when he gets over his meltdown over Trump. He's spending a lot of time being an activist over that deal. Although he still does club deals promoting his album.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:14 pm

julymorning wrote:I'm very silent on the Nick thing. He sent me a very scathing letter/message on facebook that first year, in spite of me saying how technically good and talented he is.

Anyway, This is the Gresh's first child, and she is very gifted, much in thanks to Brian being able to do a great deal of his engineering job from home to raise that precious little girl with his wife. I don't blame him for choosing not to go on the road, in spite of the world's loss.

He does perform in his band and as a guest player with other bands, locally to their home where they can go as a family. He is genius with a guitar, as many well known musicians that met him have attested to. It seems that if his humbleness allows him to acknowledge that, he has chosen not to cash in on it.

Matter of fact, I had learned he had recorded an album full of mainly instrumentals, and asked him if I could buy a recording of it. (It's on soundcloud) He made me a recording with sleeve notes and refused to take a penny for it, not even for postage.

I would have also like to have seen Tristan go back with QE, he can play indistinguishable from Brian May.
I need to ask him one of these days when he gets over his meltdown over Trump. He's spending a lot of time being an activist over that deal. Although he still does club deals promoting his album.

Did he really send you a bitter message? That is kind of low. Even though he is a great guitarist we must all be allowed to have our favourites. Hopefully Tristan og Brian will come back eventually. That would really be great. But I do of course fully understand that he has to put children first.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:59 pm

He did. I'll actually copy and paste it here after today's Holiday hooplah is over with.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:03 pm

He doesn't have to put children(family) first, he wants to. I don't believe he ever imagined the kind of bond a child would have on him. She shares many of his facial features and smile, which is particularly compelling to a parent.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Next

Return to Queen Extravaganza