Queen Extravaganza coming to Europe

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Re: Queen Extravaganza coming to Europe

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:34 pm

julymorning wrote:He doesn't have to put children(family) first, he wants to. I don't believe he ever imagined the kind of bond a child would have on him. She shares many of his facial features and smile, which is particularly compelling to a parent.

I see then! Do you know where AdamMethos is these days? I had expected some posts and activity on the QE Facebook-page lately. I hope everything is alright!

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:48 am

I think she's an avid Trekie or science fiction fan and goes to a lot of those conventions. I assume you follow her fan page for QE on fb? She shared the Plymouth videos and then that was about the end of it.

I must admit myself it hardly seems worth the trouble anymore when barely a handful of people respond to your efforts.

Like me, I gave up posting Marc's or anyone else's updates. Didn't seem like anyone cared.

I care, so I read 'em and keep 'em to myself.

They've done ANATO to death now. Maybe when they start performing some new stuff again.....

I mean, I could listen to every concert if they were up. I'm emailing you the exchange between Nick and I.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Another_Roger » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:36 pm

julymorning wrote:I think she's an avid Trekie or science fiction fan and goes to a lot of those conventions. I assume you follow her fan page for QE on fb? She shared the Plymouth videos and then that was about the end of it.

I must admit myself it hardly seems worth the trouble anymore when barely a handful of people respond to your efforts.

Like me, I gave up posting Marc's or anyone else's updates. Didn't seem like anyone cared.

I care, so I read 'em and keep 'em to myself.

They've done ANATO to death now. Maybe when they start performing some new stuff again.....

I mean, I could listen to every concert if they were up. I'm emailing you the exchange between Nick and I.

I like to read your posts! I think there are many lurkers who doesnt post as well. On the Facebook-pages there are quite some activity. We need to lift your spirits! I am excited about QE, and nothing can stop that! They are a fantastic group of talented musicians. I actually thing they should record some stuff too. Would be interesting to hear. Maybe they could start of doing a cover of a Queen song. I would enjoy that ;)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:52 am

I just emailed you this link, then decided to post it for others that were fans of Brian Gresh's.

Many of his original recordings are on Soundcloud. These are 6, part of what he copied to a cd for me:

https://soundcloud.com/brian-gresh/sets/songs-by-brian-gresh
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:43 am

julymorning wrote:I just emailed you this link, then decided to post it for others that were fans of Brian Gresh's.

Many of his original recordings are on Soundcloud. These are 6, part of what he copied to a cd for me:

https://soundcloud.com/brian-gresh/sets/songs-by-brian-gresh

Lovely! Some of these recordings really reminds me of Brian May. Especially Electric string quartet, Final Dawn and Pantomime. He is a guitarist I enjoy listening to. I love it when guitarist to harmony stuff. :)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:00 pm

I know! I kept thinking when I first listened he might break into "My Bijou" any moment.
He had put these up on soundcloud in 2012, right about the time he was about to embark on his QE experience. He was only 26 at the time.

He can play like a virtuoso. Sometimes I couldn't tell if it was a guitar or violin.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:05 pm

I think back to the first Queen Extravaganza tour in US. I remember that the forum was buzzing a lot more after a gig. Or do I remember wrong here? I recall that there were lots of reviews and feedback. There were even a lot more footage uploaded on youtube! Nowdays we hardly see it. Maybe it would be a nice move to do another US tour. I think people in America deserve that now. QE has changed a lot since last time they toured those waters.

What do you think about this julymorning? Is it likely?

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:33 am

Another_Roger wrote:I think back to the first Queen Extravaganza tour in US. I remember that the forum was buzzing a lot more after a gig. Or do I remember wrong here? I recall that there were lots of reviews and feedback. There were even a lot more footage uploaded on youtube! Nowdays we hardly see it. Maybe it would be a nice move to do another US tour. I think people in America deserve that now. QE has changed a lot since last time they toured those waters.

What do you think about this julymorning? Is it likely?

A couple of us were having a public discussion about that under Paul Bond's nose and he happened to reply that it wasn't a matter of expense bringing Tyler, Marc and Francois to the U.K. as much as it was just not getting good enough offers over here.

Whatever that means. Possibly in light of the substantial ticket increase they are getting over there that some have complained about on here.

I really don't know how booking works, but I get the idea that the venues have to be clamoring for the band in a tour efficient manner, and willing to guarantee a 'take' amount. In otherwords, venues that are plentiful enough the band isn't just hitting 4 or 5 spots over the entire North American continent.

My first belief was that band or in this case QPL promoters did the contacting. But apparently that's not the case.

All that being said, Marc did reply to someone on his fb page asking about coming back here, and his reply was cryptic, but not a definite "no". More like a "You never know what's in the future". Those guys are good at keeping mum on everything.
Last edited by julymorning on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:43 am

And that's a funny thing about your first comment. This is a Queen forum, and as such you would expect loads of UK people either commenting more than what they are now, about the concerts, plus new people that have seen them and are so wild about them, joining this forum to discuss.

I even had a couple ganders at Queenzone this Fall to see if there was more QE activity over there. NOPE! Even less so, unless I just wasn't looking in the right places.

I joined this site because of Queen Extravaganza, just like others joined because of Adam Lambert.

You want to know why? Because I didn't know this forum existed! I had ordered from Queen On Line, but never noticed there was a forum. In fact, it was AdamMethos herself that turned me on to the group on the QE unofficial fb page.

I wish that QPL had worked with HER existing QE page instead of making their own "offical" one. She had poured a lot of hard work into it, was very, very up to the moment. And even with all her other interests, would be doing a far better job of keeping the page active than the official one is.

That kind of lack of in-put is not helping the fan base, especially the fanbase that helped vote and support this band into existence in the first place.

And, your mention of youtube videos lacking isn't helping either. I know aside from myself, other attending fans that were quite capable of filming quality videos without having to watch through their recording device.

DId you ever tell me which side of the Pond you are on?

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:16 pm

julymorning wrote:And that's a funny thing about your first comment. This is a Queen forum, and as such you would expect loads of UK people either commenting more than what they are now, about the concerts, plus new people that have seen them and are so wild about them, joining this forum to discuss.

I even had a couple ganders at Queenzone this Fall to see if there was more QE activity over there. NOPE! Even less so, unless I just wasn't looking in the right places.

I joined this site because of Queen Extravaganza, just like others joined because of Adam Lambert.

You want to know why? Because I didn't know this forum existed! I had ordered from Queen On Line, but never noticed there was a forum. In fact, it was AdamMethos herself that turned me on to the group on the QE unofficial fb page.

I wish that QPL had worked with HER existing QE page instead of making their own "offical" one. She had poured a lot of hard work into it, was very, very up to the moment. And even with all her other interests, would be doing a far better job of keeping the page active than the official one is.

That kind of lack of in-put is not helping the fan base, especially the fanbase that helped vote and support this band into existence in the first place.

And, your mention of youtube videos lacking isn't helping either. I know aside from myself, other attending fans that were quite capable of filming quality videos without having to watch through their recording device.

DId you ever tell me which side of the Pond you are on?

About the forum on QOL it is quite hidden yes. I think most people discuss on the official QE facebookpage. That is my imrpression. I do also feel a bit sorry for AdamMethos who put a lot of work into that unofficial site. The official one is quite boring. It is rarely updated, but has a lot more members due to the publicity it gets from QOL. She would definitely done a better job if she was asked.

I am from Norway btw. :)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Another_Roger » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Another_Roger » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:11 am

Has Marc Martel started his own Queen tribute band? I found something on youtube called "The Ultimate Queen celebration" and it was indeed him doing Queen songs. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Link to performance:
phpBB [video]

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby soxtalon » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:52 pm

It's something he's doing during downtime from what I understand. He was recruited...as was original QE guitarist Tristan....I'm 85% sure it's not an ongoing kind of thing...

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby julymorning » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:47 am

Another_Roger wrote:Has Marc Martel started his own Queen tribute band? I found something on youtube called "The Ultimate Queen celebration" and it was indeed him doing Queen songs. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Link to performance:
phpBB [video]

I just 10 minutes ago asked AdamMethos on the Unofficial fan page on fb if QE was now defunct.

I see that Marc has a concert scheduled for June or July (darn short term memory lapses). I haven't had time to be on fb much these days and miss a good deal of news feeds.

So thank you Sox., for your input on this. I listened to the video from Il., and thought it sounded kind of crappy. Off key musicians and someone booed them!

The show tonight had to have been so much better with Tristan playing, as well as Brandon. I'm very surprised he didn't bring Tyler with him, he won't find a better drummer.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Previous

Return to Queen Extravaganza