Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby TheHero » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Is it only me, or do you also think that Marc Martel would be the perfect vocalist for Queen on tour.
I would even accept if Queen did a studio album with Marc Martel. It would be a better tribute to the original Queen than Paul Rodgers and Adam Lambert.


phpBB [video]


Besides, this ANATO tour seems to be a great concept. They will do ALL the songs on the album,Prophets song etc. :-)
 
TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Europe
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby Another_Roger » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:01 am

You are lot alone! Marc Martel is the only guy I know that would tick all the boxes when it comes to singing Queen songs. He has the perfect voice for it, and the perfect personality!

The QE tour will be spectacular. Can we hope for a bluray? Would be great! :)
 
Another_Roger
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby CNB » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:17 pm

Another_Roger wrote:You are lot alone! Marc Martel is the only guy I know that would tick all the boxes when it comes to singing Queen songs. He has the perfect voice for it, and the perfect personality!

The QE tour will be spectacular. Can we hope for a bluray? Would be great! :)


Are you flying down to the UK to see this tour in person?
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 7804
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 457 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby julymorning » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:40 pm

Marc fans, we might as well stop beating this dead horse.
Seriously, it's even wearing thin on me.

And by the way Hero, if you're saying this again tongue in cheek, you know, with a bit of devilment in your post, some appropriate smilies might be in order.

I wish to God I was able to afford a trip to the U.K., myself, to see them cover this album. I really resent Roger's ignoring the pleadings to send them back to us that helped get them known from the beginning.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm
 
julymorning
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

This is probably as good as it gets.

      
 
Posts: 1507
Images: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Missouri, U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 401 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby Another_Roger » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:13 pm

CNB wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:You are lot alone! Marc Martel is the only guy I know that would tick all the boxes when it comes to singing Queen songs. He has the perfect voice for it, and the perfect personality!

The QE tour will be spectacular. Can we hope for a bluray? Would be great! :)


Are you flying down to the UK to see this tour in person?


I have a fear of flying so it is not likely. I did go to UK a couple of year ago by plane, and it was okey. But it is something I avoid if I can. Nothing I am proud of, but thats how it is.
 
Another_Roger
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby Another_Roger » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:14 pm

julymorning wrote:Marc fans, we might as well stop beating this dead horse.
Seriously, it's even wearing thin on me.

And by the way Hero, if you're saying this again tongue in cheek, you know, with a bit of devilment in your post, some appropriate smilies might be in order.

I wish to God I was able to afford a trip to the U.K., myself, to see them cover this album. I really resent Roger's ignoring the pleadings to send them back to us that helped get them known from the beginning.


I miss the stages in America. They always used a grand piano over there, and it looked a lot better!
 
Another_Roger
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby CNB » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Another_Roger wrote:
julymorning wrote:Marc fans, we might as well stop beating this dead horse.
Seriously, it's even wearing thin on me.

And by the way Hero, if you're saying this again tongue in cheek, you know, with a bit of devilment in your post, some appropriate smilies might be in order.

I wish to God I was able to afford a trip to the U.K., myself, to see them cover this album. I really resent Roger's ignoring the pleadings to send them back to us that helped get them known from the beginning.


I miss the stages in America. They always used a grand piano over there, and it looked a lot better!


We saw the QE show at the House of Blues Theater which did not have a very big stage but it was sufficient. I would love to see a show with the ANATO music!
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 7804
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 457 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:46 pm

TheHero wrote:Is it only me, or do you also think that Marc Martel would be the perfect vocalist for Queen on tour.
I would even accept if Queen did a studio album with Marc Martel. It would be a better tribute to the original Queen than Paul Rodgers and Adam Lambert.


I've got no problem with Marc singing Queen songs, and I'd even probably enjoy a "Queen & Marc" concert if such a thing ever happened, but an album of new Queen songs with a guy who sounds a lot like Freddie? Honestly, that would seem kind of....weird and creepy to me. The concert is meant to be a nostalgia/tribute show or whatever you wanna call it, but a new Queen album, IF it ever happens, should be something new, a new incarnation of the band that stands on its own.

I thought The Cosmos Rocks was a decent enough album, but it didn't really sound enough like Queen to me....if there were ever a Q&AL album, I think that would be just about right, a singer able to sing more like Freddie, while not sounding like him, if that makes any sense.
 
The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

      
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby julymorning » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:13 pm

The UNofficial QE fb page just posted some Sydney videos. Yay!

First time doing Hammer To Fall on tour. Pretty darn good!

phpBB [video]
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm
 
julymorning
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

This is probably as good as it gets.

      
 
Posts: 1507
Images: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Missouri, U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 401 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Nice! That guitar player just NAILS the solo, doesn't he? :D
 
The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

      
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby julymorning » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:15 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:Nice! That guitar player just NAILS the solo, doesn't he? :D


Yeah ! :)

But, check him out holding a note for EVER at 3:........ I Want It All. (Do listen from the beginning, though) Go Nick!!

phpBB [video]
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm
 
julymorning
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

This is probably as good as it gets.

      
 
Posts: 1507
Images: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Missouri, U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 401 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:57 pm

I'm almost more impressed by whoever it is (can't really tell from the video) that sings Brian's part....totally sounds like a younger Brian!
 
The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

      
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby julymorning » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:53 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:I'm almost more impressed by whoever it is (can't really tell from the video) that sings Brian's part....totally sounds like a younger Brian!


It's Tyler. And it IS hard to tell. I watched the Dragon Attack video probably 4 times to make sure it was Tyler still singing it. His voice has become more round around the edges, getting the projection out without sounding screechy a bit, and with more voice inflections than ever before. Matter of fact, on youtube I asked the person that recorded it. Haven't been back to check the answer, but Tyler has always sung that song after their first year with JSS performed it.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm
 
julymorning
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

This is probably as good as it gets.

      
 
Posts: 1507
Images: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Missouri, U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 401 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby AdamMethos » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:52 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:I'm almost more impressed by whoever it is (can't really tell from the video) that sings Brian's part....totally sounds like a younger Brian!


In "I Want It All" Tyler the drummer sings the second verse but Nick the guitarist (naturally :biggrin: ) sings Brian's "I'm a man with a one-track mind..." part in the bridge.
 
AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 

Sir Lurk-a-lot

      
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:13 am
Location: Toronto, Canada
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby Another_Roger » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:42 pm

Looking forward to see the set list from todays first concert from the ANATO-tour. Obviously they will play the album, but which other songs will they play? From what I have heard they will be playing deeper cuts from the first albums. Please bring set lists whenever you find them! :)
 
Another_Roger
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Next

Return to Queen Extravaganza

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest