Re: Queen+ Marc Martel and ANATO tour

Postby Tenement Funster » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:16 am

I posted I'm in Love with my car from Norwich

Tenement Funster
Spread Your Wings

Postby AdamMethos » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Tenement Funster wrote:I posted I'm in Love with my car from Norwich

Oops. I meant those particular vids haven't been posted yet, not that the songs haven't been posted yet. I thought those vids were worth a look since they have a great view of the video screen. :)

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby AdamMethos » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Tenement Funster -- the Queen Extravaganza Official Facebook page shared your video of The Prophet's Song! :onfire:

I don't think they've ever posted a fan video before, or maybe at most only once before, so congrats! :D

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby julymorning » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:58 pm

.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:10 pm

The feedback Queen Extravaganza gets for their shows these days are amazing. I have yet to see a negative one! Words like "mindblowing", "Excellent", "Magical" are frequently used to describe them. If they go on like this it will make them bigger. Quality will always get you places if you are persistant! Hopefully Marc will get success with his solo material as well. The guy deserves it, what a talented muscian!

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:11 pm

AdamMethos wrote:Tenement Funster -- the Queen Extravaganza Official Facebook page shared your video of The Prophet's Song! :onfire:

I don't think they've ever posted a fan video before, or maybe at most only once before, so congrats! :D

And what a shame they dont do it more often! Look at all the positive feedback they got from that video. :)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Another_Roger wrote:
AdamMethos wrote:Tenement Funster -- the Queen Extravaganza Official Facebook page shared your video of The Prophet's Song! :onfire:

And what a shame they dont do it more often! Look at all the positive feedback they got from that video. :)

I have to say it. I started to and then deleted it. It's important and a feather in Tenement's hat that the official page has finally posted it, It's a very high quality video after all! I have to think QE official pretty well needed to by this morning, after all the hype was well under way! I'd posted his video on the Queen Fan Club page right after Tenement posted it here, and it was getting a hit a minute for the first 24 hours. There were over 100 likes on the video, 30 or more shares, I think, it stayed on the top of comments for 2 days, I can't count them all, just on the fan club face book page! and something like 1400 hits on youtube by yesterday noonish. I should have posted his others but had things come up and didn't get to it.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby AdamMethos » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Another_Roger wrote:

I'm SURE you don't really mean that. :P Up till now, they've only posted promo videos using footage from the one old QE concert they filmed. If they start posting fan videos, they'll have less incentive to film and release footage from a new QE concert. :P :P :P

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby julymorning » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:36 am

Thought you guys that hadn't seen this might find the video interesting. I'd be interested to hear from Darren or Marc how the modernized equipment makes all this so much easier today.

phpBB [video]

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby AdamMethos » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:04 am

julymorning wrote:Thought you guys that hadn't seen this might find the video interesting. I'd be interested to hear from Darren or Marc how the modernized equipment makes all this so much easier today.

Do you think the delays are pre-recorded or are they are manipulating Marc's voice live on the fly. If it's all live, kudos to the sound guys!

Here's a too-short excerpt of In the Lap of the Gods. Wonder if Marc's hand waving at the beginning is just for show or if he is leading the "choir"? :sleepy:

phpBB [video]

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby RodandBeth » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:54 am

Can anyone kindly tell me what the actual "on stage" time is as it's going to be tight getting there tonight!

Many thanks

RodandBeth
Spread Your Wings

Postby AdamMethos » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:05 am

RodandBeth wrote:Can anyone kindly tell me what the actual "on stage" time is as it's going to be tight getting there tonight!

If you're on Facebook, you could try asking the tour manager Paul Bond. He sometimes posts the times on his page and he also replies to fan questions about the shows:

https://www.facebook.com/Paul-Bond-Music-Management-325479000850115/

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby RodandBeth » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:46 pm

Thanks for that Adam, I didn't even know there was a support act!!

RodandBeth
Spread Your Wings

Postby AdamMethos » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:56 pm

Here's the info! Paul Bond just tweeted:

Paul Bond ‏@Paulcbond 14m14 minutes ago
Tonights @QueenExtrava times - Doors 7.30pm. @Yellowire 7.45pm. @QueenExtrava 8.45pm. Seats are unallocated so first come first served!

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby julymorning » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:25 pm

AdamMethos wrote:
julymorning wrote:Thought you guys that hadn't seen this might find the video interesting. I'd be interested to hear from Darren or Marc how the modernized equipment makes all this so much easier today.

Do you think the delays are pre-recorded or are they are manipulating Marc's voice live on the fly. If it's all live, kudos to the sound guys!

Here's a too-short excerpt of In the Lap of the Gods. Wonder if Marc's hand waving at the beginning is just for show or if he is leading the "choir"? :sleepy:

phpBB [video]

Going by what Marc said, the delays are being manipulated live. Dont know if its something the sound board can do, or what it's being fed into. I'm guessing soundboard. Who's operating that? I know they use one, I've seen it.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to Queen Extravaganza