Queen Extravaganza ANATO - UK 2016

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Queen Extravaganza ANATO - UK 2016

Postby CNB » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:17 pm

Just saw this announcement on Twitter today .....

http://www.queenextravaganza.com/news/
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Re: Queen Extravaganza ANATO - UK 2016

Postby BitterTears » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:06 pm

When I saw the ANATO tour last year they only played one song from after that album (Somebody to Love). Was fantastic. Sounds like they'll be playing more of the hits this time around but would still anticipate a good show.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby WeeMann » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:45 pm

I'm tempted to go along this time.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby CNB » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:18 pm

WeeMann wrote:I'm tempted to go along this time.

I saw them in 2012 and thought they were very good! You should definitely go!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby julymorning » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:34 pm

CNB wrote:
WeeMann wrote:I'm tempted to go along this time.

I saw them in 2012 and thought they were very good! You should definitely go!

Agreed, and even though there have been line up changes since then, as long as Tyler Warren and Marc remain, with Francois on bass, it will be a hell of a show. Roger and Spike chose some amazingly talented musicians that would be worth seeing no matter what they perform.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:33 pm

Definitely going this year. I have heard so many good things about this band; and on the few clips I have seen on youtube they sound bloody amazing. I would normally avoid any form of tribute band like the proverbial plague, but this is a bit special methinks.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby CNB » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:47 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:Definitely going this year. I have heard so many good things about this band; and on the few clips I have seen on youtube they sound bloody amazing. I would normally avoid any form of tribute band like the proverbial plague, but this is a bit special methinks.

Good for you! And before you see QE in the Fall, get thee to the Isle of Wight on June 12th to see QAL, okay? :biggrin: :cheers:

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Kes » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:53 pm

They're headlining the Freddie Mercury 70th Birthday celebrations, Montreux, Sept 4th.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby julymorning » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Kes wrote:They're headlining the Freddie Mercury 70th Birthday celebrations, Montreux, Sept 4th.

I was going to post the video Marc Martel put out recently, but saw it was already in CNB's link! I was a little flumoxed that it was on there when it was just announced, but stranger things have happened.

She posted the link in April, and the announcement was made June 14th. How does that happen? Does twitter keep up to date even on a link?
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:25 pm

Good news! I can not wait to hear Queen's music presented in a proper way again. Marc Martel, what can you say. He is perfect in this role. I hope I get to see Queen Extravaganza on this tour. Would be so great! :)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Another_Roger » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:30 pm

Apart from ANATO I have some wishes for this tour. Songs I want QE to try this time around is Breakthru, Was it all worth it and The Miracle. I want them to try out The Miracle becuse it's a song I think will suit Marc greatly. The lyrics is something he can relate to I assume. Breakthru is a catchy song I want to hear presented live. Would be really interesting to hear. The sheer power and finesse of Was it all worth it would wonderful to hear live. Bring it on please!

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:51 pm

Another_Roger wrote:Good news! I can not wait to hear Queen's music presented in a proper way again. Marc Martel, what can you say. He is perfect in this role. I hope I get to see Queen Extravaganza on this tour. Would be so great! :)

If you have a link to Marc singing "Who Wants To Live Forever," I wish you would post it so we can see how "proper" is the way he presents that song! Thanks! :)

Marc has a good voice but zero personality and charisma compared to Freddie and no matter how good the QE musicians are, they are still no match for Brian and Roger and even Neil and Spike. They are a great tribute band but I wouldn't call them perfect!
Last edited by CNB on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby julymorning » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:25 pm

CNB wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:Good news! I can not wait to hear Queen's music presented in a proper way again. Marc Martel, what can you say. He is perfect in this role. I hope I get to see Queen Extravaganza on this tour. Would be so great! :)

If you have a link to Marc singing "Who Wants To Live Forever," I wish you would post it so we can see how "proper" is the way he presents that song! Thanks! :)

I'll bite.

CNB that makes about as much sense as asking you to post a link to Adam singing The Prophet Song.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:53 pm

CNB wrote:

Marc has a good voice but zero personality and charisma compared to Freddie and no matter how good the QE musicians are, they are still no match for Brian and Roger and even Neil and Spike. They are a great tribute band but I wouldn't call them perfect!

How can I link to a song QE has never performed live? Strange comment. I can however link to performances of Prophets song or Death on Two legs.

Marc has a great personality and he doesn't feel the need to force anything on stage. He is himself and that is more than enough. Actually I love the way he behaves on stage.

Do you feel personally insulted when someome prefer someone else than Adam? Adam do not belong in the QE-forum. So I dont understand why you keep bringing him up in here. ( and thats exactly what you did by requesting a Martel-version of Who wants to live forever even though you didnt mention his name)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:19 pm

I don't like the connotation that the QAL collaboration is not presenting Queen music the "proper" way. Your words, not mine! I have nothing against Marc. I thoroughly enjoyed the QE show I saw in Ohio in 2012. I think they did WWTLF but it might have been their female singer who performed it. Marc is good but I would not call him perfect in that role. No one can ever be perfect in that role, except the original -- no one! :rockon:

CNB
Somebody To Love

Next

Return to Queen Extravaganza