Theeeey're baaack

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Re: Theeeey're baaack

Postby julymorning » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:59 pm

Don't you just love the way Marc's voice cuts through the air, and everything else, like Freddie's did?
Last edited by julymorning on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby julymorning » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:40 am

From Saturday night's concert and Marc:

Salisbury!
Great to be back… more on that later. Looks like we are on to something with this new show. It’s like - come for A Night At The Opera, stay for the Greatest Hits! I love the progression of the carefully crafted set list Tyler skillfully put together for the second half. It just doesn’t let up. Hit after hit after hit. Man, Queen, ya could have left some for the other bands… selfish! Barring any HUGE mishaps, I don’t expect we’ll see our first non-standing ovation on this tour (knock on wood).
Near the end of the night, I exclaimed, “Well, this is our second time here in Salisbury. So let’s make it three soon, alright?!” to much loud applause, which the band and I greatly appreciated. Maybe the crowd were humoring me, because as we went off stage after “Somebody To Love,” Tyler dutifully informed me that this was indeed our third time in Salisbury. I stood humbly corrected. Thankfully the crowd cheered plenty loud enough to warrant an encore, giving this guy a chance to right the wrong. How easily we forget. So… “Let’s make it four soon, shall we?!”
Attachments
salisbury.jpg
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:54 pm

Have not been able to find new songs from the rest of the set list-haven't looked yet today. But here's the latest from Marc:

"The Art of the Day Off
Honestly, I still haven’t perfected this. Even after 16 years of touring. Has anyone?
Days off on the road can be bittersweet. Sure, the rest is needed. But more often than not, you’re in a town you barely know, so what do you do? Head for the shopping district? You can do that only so many times. (Ok, a lot many times.) Other than that, there’s time to have a nice meal with the band and crew (who haven’t gone home for the day). Today it was a fabulous Indian restaurant called House Of Flavours here in Reading, which we ate at last year near the end of tour. It was definitely worth the return. The Indians got it right with the food thing. It’s just… all the right flavo(u)rs. A fine time dining with FO, Tyler, Tim (stage manager), Jack (monitor engineer), and Alan (our truck driver).
I also try to make time for a workout, which I did manage to do today, AFTER dinner. On the road, the first workout is the most crucial. I find that as long as I get one in near the beginning of tour, it’s much easier to stay consistent the rest of the time. I’ve been a fan of Tony Horton’s P90X for quite a few years. I can do it in my hotel room, or find an unused room at the venue most of the time. Gotta keep bringing it! 40 is less than a month away. YIKES.
And… of course, if you have the energy, exploring is a great thing to do – especially in a foreign country. Ironically enough, last year it was Nick and Darren, the British contingent of the band, who got the “Tour Explorers” Award. They decided to see as many castles as they could. I saw a few of them, but most days off, I like to get a decent amount of “me time” to recharge. Which I don’t mind at all."
Attachments
reading.jpg

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:39 pm

Great to read these things Julymorning! I am so happy to see that Marc seems to enjoy touring with QE even after all these years.

Now then. I want QE to try out more of the songs Queen never did live. Breakthru, Was it all worth it, Innuendo, A winters tale, Scandal and Thank God its christmas(if they ever do a show in December). No One but you with Marc on vocals would also be very interesting. I know that I am asking for too much ;)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:38 pm

Most of that 16 years touring was with his own Christian music band Downhere.

Who wouldn't love touring for Queen? All expenses paid for and treated like Royalty while seeing a good deal of the world? Plus they are allowed to sell their personal CDs.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby AngelR » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:02 pm

Another_Roger wrote:Thanks for linking to all these videos. Looks like they were on top form! Especially Marc sounded on top of his game. It would be fun to see this band on a bigger stage with 5000-10000 people. It is a different game that I think would suit them well. I dont know how that could happen, but I think festivals/warm up or something. Any chance of that happening you think?

They are struggling to sell out 3500 Hammersmith Apollo (seated) in London. The tickets prices are too high for the tribute band, I think - I paid less to see Brian with Kerry Ellis.
http://www.eventim.co.uk/tickets.html?f ... iliate=HAL

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:27 am

From keyboardist, vocalist Darren ReevesShow 3/18 done, with the boss present too!!
Attachments
14900507_10157641867675035_8833227055066890542_n.jpg

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:31 am

AngelR wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:Thanks for linking to all these videos. Looks like they were on top form! Especially Marc sounded on top of his game. It would be fun to see this band on a bigger stage with 5000-10000 people. It is a different game that I think would suit them well. I dont know how that could happen, but I think festivals/warm up or something. Any chance of that happening you think?

They are struggling to sell out 3500 Hammersmith Apollo (seated) in London. The tickets prices are too high for the tribute band, I think - I paid less to see Brian with Kerry Ellis.
http://www.eventim.co.uk/tickets.html?f ... iliate=HAL

I don't think that's unreasonable at all! I wouldn't think Brian and Kerry would cost very much anyway, minimal equipment and just the two of them, afterall. Plus, they didn't need flying in from the U.S. How long is Brian's set?

Comparing apples and oranges. Or maybe you would want to compare QE's tickets with Queen + A.L. Nope? that's why I said apples and oranges.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby J Starbuck88 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:27 am

I hope you guys don't mind me putting my 2 cents in here, but the ticket prices for what is still a tribute band at the end of the day is way too expensive and far beyond what a tribute band should be charging. it doesn't matter who they are endorsed by most tribute bands (depending on the venue) if they were playing a bar or a club then it would probably be around £5-10 maximum to go but when you move up to the bigger music venues such as theaters then it's usually around £15-20 not charging through the roof at £30-50
My make up maybe flaking but my smile still stays on

J Starbuck88
Spread Your Wings

Is this A Kind of Magic? or does The Show Go On

Postby julymorning » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:44 pm

J Starbuck88 wrote:I hope you guys don't mind me putting my 2 cents in here, but the ticket prices for what is still a tribute band at the end of the day is way too expensive and far beyond what a tribute band should be charging. it doesn't matter who they are endorsed by most tribute bands (depending on the venue) if they were playing a bar or a club then it would probably be around £5-10 maximum to go but when you move up to the bigger music venues such as theaters then it's usually around £15-20 not charging through the roof at £30-50

Did you even read my explanation? Eh, you get what you pay for, and if you want it on the cheap, then settle for it or do as you're doing, don't go.
I'd pay half again that much to see QE here in the State in the U.S. I live in again! And I live on low fixed income.

Oh, :lol: I see you're an avid Adam Lambert fan. Go figure.

Your two cents noted. Thanks for the input, but no one in this thread (or reading it either) has anything to do with the price of tickets. We're just fans. You know, like you are in the Adam Lambert threads?

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby J Starbuck88 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:00 pm

Actually just so you know I'm very good friends with the guys in the band One Night of Queen performed by Gary Mullen and the Works who are one of the best tribute bands out there and sorry if that seemed a bit rude this morning I didn't mean to be. To be fair I'm not really an Adam Lambert fan but I'm not going to condemn the guy either for being given the chance to do something he's always dreamed of. Although seeing Marc duet with Queen would be cooler but if I had it my way I would prefer if Jeff Scott Soto was fronting Queen particularly after this gig at the Queen Convention in 2003.

phpBB [video]

But feel free to check out the guys from One Night of Queen here and all they ever charge is £15-20 a gig at most and do 150 shows a year across Germany, France, Belgium, the USA, the UK, Holland and have toured as far as Australia and New Zealand

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
My make up maybe flaking but my smile still stays on

J Starbuck88
Spread Your Wings

Is this A Kind of Magic? or does The Show Go On

Postby julymorning » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:16 pm

I'm very sorry for this opinion is rather harsh, but I have checked Gary Mullen out a number of times in the past, even before QE got together, and he makes my skin crawl! I don't like seeing someone portraying Freddie's every move, expression and clothing on stage! Let the talent speak for itself!!

I'm a follower of Jeff Soto,, was very impressed not only with his back work with Queen, TSO, and his solo work, but also as one of the vocalists with Queen Extravaganza when I saw them in 2012. Jeff does have the stage presence and energy level to do concerts with Queen.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:54 am

julymorning wrote:I'm very sorry for this opinion is rather harsh, but I have checked Gary Mullen out a number of times in the past, even before QE got together, and he makes my skin crawl! I don't like seeing someone portraying Freddie's every move, expression and clothing on stage! Let the talent speak for itself!!

I'm a follower of Jeff Soto,, was very impressed not only with his back work with Queen, TSO, and his solo work, but also as one of the vocalists with Queen Extravaganza when I saw them in 2012. Jeff does have the stage presence and energy level to do concerts with Queen.

I totally agree with you. People like Gary Mullen is just embarassing for me. As for the complaints about the QE ticket prices: They are in fact running a business. If you find it too expensive then do not go! It is no human right to get cheap tickets for a QE concert.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:23 pm

I saw Jeff Scott Soto with QE in 2012, too, and he was great. He sang only a couple of songs so my question is can he sing the whole Queen catalog like Adam and Marc are able to do?
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby soxtalon » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:19 am

CNB wrote:I saw Jeff Scott Soto with QE in 2012, too, and he was great. He sang only a couple of songs so my question is can he sing the whole Queen catalog like Adam and Marc are able to do?

phpBB [video]

Yep...This is him from a Queen convention doing a setlist that most fans would die to hear instead of the same old same old....

Let Me Entertain You
Tie Your Mother Down
Another One Bites the Dust
I Want to Break Free
Keep Yourself Alive
Spread Your Wings
Dragon Attack
Death on Two Legs
Innuendo
Ogre Battle
I'm in Love with my Car
Fat Bottomed Girls