Hammersmith (Live album)

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Re: Hammersmith (Live album)

Postby Another_Roger » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:44 pm

julymorning wrote:There were some drum bits in there from Tyler that gave me shivers! I would say they have provided him with a darn good kit!

Thanks for posting Rog.

I am sure you noticed. But the video is taken from a different concert. I just forced it to fit. And actually the speed is quite similar from show to show. Maybe they have some recorded backings tracks or something.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:35 am

I actually didn't notice. But I am increasingly disappointed on the shortage of Hammersmith videos.

Wish I could afford a new computer. Marc put on a live feed concert on his fb page yesterday with Tyler on guitar. Marc was doing his new Christmas cd. By the time I saw the notice, and found out my stupid outdated chrome wasn't recognizing the audio portion, it was half over. I opened an Explorer window and got the notification it was over. I went back to Chrome and it was still playing!!

Everybody and their Mother (well Tyler's Mother, anyway) had it taped and posted it today, and I still can't hear it.

Explorer is deadly slow to load, it's about as bad as dial up used to be. I'm seeing more and more vids with audio I can't hear. :(
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby sbrown » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:53 am

Administrator wrote:
eiricd wrote:how the hell did this NOT happen with QPR?

We issued 2 or 3 tracks a night on the first tour in 2005/2006. You could collate your own live album, some preferred the tracks to the actual Return Of The Champions live album.

There were most tracks from the second tour as well. There were a few notable exceptions (like Warboys), but most things were released.
In fact weren't you looking into a copy of Las Palabras being released? Very sad that never happened.

sbrown
Spread Your Wings

Postby Michael Allred » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:43 pm

So has anyone actually gotten their cd of the show yet???
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby Michael Allred » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:17 am

Has ANYONE ordered that live CD???
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:00 am

Michael Allred wrote:Has ANYONE ordered that live CD???

I am going to wait until I can order it here in the U.S. No more ordering from Amazon UK or Queen to be shipped over.

My daughter ordered me one of those Queen record clocks for a Christmas present, waited several weeks for it to arrive, and it was broken into pieces en route.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby ultrasoundz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:01 pm

Just purchased this album as a belated Christmas pressie to myself and must admit was totally blown away.

Was at the gig in person and just as I was on that night I am totally stunned at just how tightly and accurately the QEX band perform what is some truly challenging material.

And there are moments you genuinely have to double take to check it's Marc singing, not Freddie — his voice and intonation are sometimes staggeringly close to the real thing. Sends shivers down my spine :)

For all the £20 price tag may seem a little steep it's totally worth it and would highly recommend it to any Queen fan.

Great job to all involved.
http://www.colvex.co.uk ...the baddest things happen in threes

ultrasoundz
Spread Your Wings

Postby Another_Roger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:22 pm

Totally agree with last speaker. I bought the download and it is really great. It is lovely to hear Queen's music presented this way!

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Kes » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:33 pm

I got the CD as a birthday present, way before Christmas.

Good album to play in the car!
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Previous

Return to Queen Extravaganza