Hammersmith (Live album)

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Re: Hammersmith (Live album)

Postby julymorning » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:53 am

Was it just my computer or did the video aspect get shut off and only audio recorded? Prophet song went black a third through, which is alright because I had my eyes closed anyway.

Stunning how clean and tight they sounded. As close to perfection as a musician can get.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Another_Roger » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:31 am

julymorning wrote:Was it just my computer or did the video aspect get shut off and only audio recorded? Prophet song went black a third through, which is alright because I had my eyes closed anyway.

Stunning how clean and tight they sounded. As close to perfection as a musician can get.

It was the only video footage I found. I had two choices. Let the music continue in black, or stop it right there.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby YAFF » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:24 am

:shock: This has got to be the first time a rock band promoted and sold an album performed by 100% by their own tribute band. And get this, before releasing anything by the current configuration claiming to be Queen. Don't mistake me I sure in the hell don't want to witness any QAL live albums or DVDs. As far as QEX. Martel is such a wooden performer. Great voice but I find him boring.And people claim he sounds the "closest to Freddie". I don't buy it. Here's why:

phpBB [video]
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Another_Roger » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:35 am

YAFF wrote::shock: This has got to be the first time a rock band promoted and sold an album performed by 100% by their own tribute band. And get this, before releasing anything by the current configuration claiming to be Queen. Don't mistake me I sure in the hell don't want to witness any QAL live albums or DVDs. As far as QEX. Martel is such a wooden performer. Great voice but I find him boring.And people claim he sounds the "closest to Freddie". I don't buy it. Here's why:

phpBB [video]

Gary Mullen has never interested me. I am not sure if I can explain why, but something that always puts me off is when someone tries to copy every move, clothes etc. To me Marc Martel is perfect. At times he really sounds like Freddie, other times not. He has his own style and by chance there is something that really hits a nerve in me. He kinda looks like a relative of Freddie without trying to.

A wooden performer? He certainly isnt as daring as Freddie was when it comes to language and clothes. But to me that is alright. I like Marc, and I like his style on stage. I actually enjoy seeing him perform the way he does it.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:04 am

Yaff, I really respect you in many ways, but OMG, please don't post Gary Mullen videos on QE threads. This is the second time someone has done that and I cannot STAND GM's performances. He gives me the creeps big time!

I never could stand him..I caught videos of him on youtube parading around mimicking Freddie's mannerisms and every move before the assembling of QE and before I knew of this forum.

Please? State your opinion, lord knows everyone has one, but no more showing Mullen off here. Make him his own thread.

I positively feel the need to go rip my skin off and bleach my eyes.

ICK, now Rog, you had to quote it.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby YAFF » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:02 pm

julymorning wrote:Yaff, I really respect you in many ways, but OMG, please don't post Gary Mullen videos on QE threads. This is the second time someone has done that and I cannot STAND GM's performances. He gives me the creeps big time!

I never could stand him..I caught videos of him on youtube parading around mimicking Freddie's mannerisms and every move before the assembling of QE and before I knew of this forum.

Please? State your opinion, lord knows everyone has one, but no more showing Mullen off here. Make him his own thread.

I positively feel the need to go rip my skin off and bleach my eyes.

ICK, now Rog, you had to quote it.

I'm getting a very subtle. faint, distant impression you don't like Mullen. :lol: I'm just saying a frontman doing the full Freddie is more of a tribute than just Martel pacing the stage when not sitting at the piano. He's a bore (a devout Christian singing a flamboyant gay man's music with virtually no emotion) I admit I'm a little bothered and jealous by/of Martel that he is able to sing so close to Freddie and it has made him famous. Not for anything he actually achieved mind you. As much as I can't stand Lambert's woeful attempts at singing rock I think QAL is probably closer to the spirit of Queen just not the sound. I also find it absurd that this site is promoting a product by it's own tribute band when there's tons of real Queen they could release. But I've long come to accept it that Brian & Roger as "Queen" has mostly been absurd since John left. And I believe I have a feeling I know why John has little to do with these two clowns other than cashing checks. Yes I said "clowns" but as you know I'm a great admirer of Brian for his concern for animals and his vegetarianism.

Put it another way. If I was on a cruise ship and on came a Queen tribute band I would fully expect the singer to act and try to sing like Freddie. That's what it's supposed to be about. In the past on two separate cruises I saw a Beatles tribute and an Elton John tribute. They did all the moves and costume changes. That to me makes more sense than QEX, which is just karaoke with a live band.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby AlexKx » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:07 am

Wow! That Gary Mullins guy is amazing! Crazy! Were those bubbles real? :dontgetit:

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Masonic » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:19 am

If you blended Marc Martels voice with Adam Lamberts flamboyance. That would probably be as close to Freddie as you could get. I like em both, there both talented singers.

Masonic
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:07 am

Masonic wrote:If you blended Marc Martels voice with Adam Lamberts flamboyance. That would probably be as close to Freddie as you could get. I like em both, there both talented singers.

I've seen both of them live. Marc has the musician background whereas Adam is a natural entertainer with charismatic stage presence!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Another_Roger » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:11 pm

But seriously! I want to see AdamMethos back on this forum. Any sign of her lately?

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:54 am

Another_Roger wrote:But seriously! I want to see AdamMethos back on this forum. Any sign of her lately?

She's on vacation...I won't say where, but I will say I wouldn't be thinking about this place if I was in her flip flops.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:18 am

julymorning wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:But seriously! I want to see AdamMethos back on this forum. Any sign of her lately?

She's on vacation...I won't say where, but I will say I wouldn't be thinking about this place if I was in her flip flops.

Is she working for secret service or something? Hopefully she's having a good time and will be back soon. :)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:47 pm

I doubt it, I just don't think, as a fb friend, I should give details of her whereabouts. As a member here, she can do that herself if she wishes.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:55 pm

julymorning wrote:I doubt it, I just don't think, as a fb friend, I should give details of her whereabouts. As a member here, she can do that herself if she wishes.

Of course not. I was just kidding.

Here is Fat Bottomed girls from Hammersmith. It starts off with a long speech from Marc about the different songwriting from the Queen members. :)

phpBB [video]

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:32 am

There were some drum bits in there from Tyler that gave me shivers! I would say they have provided him with a darn good kit!

Thanks for posting Rog.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to Queen Extravaganza