Queen Extravaganza minus Martel?

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Queen Extravaganza minus Martel?

Postby julymorning » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 pm

This may prove to be rumor spreading but I picked up on a facebook argument under the official posting of a Queen Extravaganza show this coming Nov.-Dec. 2018.

Some were saying they can't see or get any responses to inquiries if Marc is still fronting them in lieu of his touring here in the States with his own band The Ultimate Queen Celebration. This group has Brandon Ethridge at keyboard and Tristan Avakian on lead guitar. The drummer and bass player are not familiar to me.

Marc's "Ultimate Queen Celebration is selling tickets for early Spring concerts in various parts of North America, so as of now there doesn't look to be a scheduling conflict, but.....

I read several "abouts" on Marc's various internet web pages and noticed a very odd thing. In the main professional performance history after talking about his Christian music band "Downhere", he mentions his wife's encouragement to try out for a hand picked by Queen tribute band, some brief notation of Queen's reaction to his voice and then he literally "fast forwarded" to 2017 when Marc formed this new band of his own.

No where in the write ups are the words "Queen Extravaganza" to be found. Only alluded to.
Wouldn't it usually be? Any reason why that stage that encompassed a solid nearly 5 years of his world exposing career be dropped like a hot potato? Or am I imagining things.

Anyway, for those that care, stay tuned. Queen Extravaganza may also come up with their own + Adam Lambert type. Or maybe nothing has changed.

I for one, hope not, all this is spoiling the whole shebang for this dedicated fan.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Re: Queen Extravaganza minus Martel?

Postby AngelR » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:35 am

Strange....

Why would Marc refuse to go on this tour with QuEx - payment disagreement maybe? Their last UK tour wasn't a great success as they struggled to sell out small theatres. Marc might be making more money out of singing Queen covers in America on his own?

Hopefully everything is fine and his fans are panicking for no reason. :)

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby parchedpeas » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:58 am

I don't see the point in the tribute band when the real band are touring.

parchedpeas
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:52 am

parchedpeas wrote:I don't see the point in the tribute band when the real band are touring.

The real Queen band hasn't toured since 1986 ;)
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby julymorning » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Angel, I wouldn't assume that Marc had refused as much as I would guess just a personal decision on Marc's part and a parting of the ways.
Marc has had a handful of commercial ventures going on here in the States some of them randomly ongoing and perhaps he sees a conflict of his availability tied down to Q.E. It's possible Queen has told him he can't do both. He's experienced some pretty good success in his home Country of Canada and the lower 48 performing with other different musical groups covering Queen songs. I'm wondering if his "Ultimate Queen Celebration" is an offshoot of that stand-in he was asked to do when the original singer pulled out of some booked concerts. Brandon and Tristan filled in on those gigs too.

The powers that be have all but made Queen Extravaganza a UK band, ignoring the U.S. and Marc has publicly acknowledged there is a need for a Queen tribute band over here.

When I read the official write ups Marc's publicist has made for the Ultimate Queen Celebration, I got bad feeling that Queen had asked him to leave out his history with Queen Extravaganza in a sour grapes move to keep him from using 'THE' official tribute band for recognition and publicity.

I am guessing on all of this. it goes completely against my initial reaction to the facebook debate/argument, but came to this view after trying to find what explanations might be available without coming right out and asking Marc...but I'll tell you, those guys in QE/that have been in QE are nothing if not reliable and trustworthy. It's almost an embarrassment to ask one of them to divulge private information, even if you are not a stranger to them.
Human nature has curiosity beyond what is necessary, for sure, and sometimes details serve no good purpose.
Still....lol.
parchedpeas wrote:I don't see the point in the tribute band when the real band are touring.

Parts of that I addressed above. Also there are some people who would prefer to see their favourite tribute band than what is left of the original for several reasons, one of which is the financial cost not only for decent tickets, but the travel to get where the concerts are.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:28 pm

If you follow him on social media you've probably seen this. One of Marc's projects his new ep.
Definitely an emotion jerker, especially since his wife is c.k.martel;(Crystal) getting the behind the lens credit. Imagine the love your YOUR life 'singing to you' like this.

phpBB [video]

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby AdamMethos » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:56 am

julymorning wrote:No where in the write ups are the words "Queen Extravaganza" to be found. Only alluded to.

Can’t speak to the rest of the speculation but I just copied this from the bio on Marc’s website http://marcmartelmusic.com

At first, the front man almost passed on the opportunity, but with some prodding from his wife and additional friends, he casually cut a version of “Somebody To Love” in 2011, and now 30 million cumulative YouTube and Facebook views later, bolstered by the aforementioned “Ellen” appearance, Martel was declared the victor. Even legendary Queen drummer Roger Taylor remarked to the Daily Record: “That voice. You listen, close your eyes and you think it’s Freddie. It’s really uncanny.” For the last 6 years and over 160+ shows Marc has fronted Queen’s official tribute show, The Queen Extravaganza.

If mention of QE was missing before, then it’s back now... :shock: I wouldn’t expect QE to be mentioned in Ultimate Queen Celebration writeups (and vice versa) in order to avoid brand confusion, not because of animosity between the two groups.

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby julymorning » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:36 pm

This too: "Was hand-selected by Brian May and Roger Taylor of the legendary rock band, Queen, to front their official tribute, The Queen Extravaganza, and has done so since 2012" Sounds promising that it's still on going. I hope so, that's the way I'd like to see them again, if, and that's a big if, they ever tour the lower 48 again.

You're in kind of an un-official official capacity, how do you feel about asking him if he's going to be joining the rest of Queen Extravaganza in their upcoming UK tour? I honestly can't think of a reason for any big secret if everything is status quo. :)

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Nicki79 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:15 pm

They just announced on their official Facebook site the line-up for the new tour: Marc Martel is NOT in the band. A guy called Alirio Netto from Brasil is the new leadsinger. The rest of the band stays the same, as far as I can see.
Source: https://facebook.com/queenextravaganza/ ... &source=48

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Another_Roger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:05 pm

That's it for me. QE without Martel does nothing for me. I am jumping the ship.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Lover Boy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:20 pm

Meh...I'm probably going to jump ship too. I truly enjoyed QE with Martel and the rest of the very original line up. Saw them twice. First time in Philly on their first tour and then in Bethlehem on their follow up tour (minus a few members, such as that lovely lady - can't think of her name - she was super cute and had a GREAT voice). Now without Marc Martel I'm just left feeling empty about it. Why in the world would Queen let Marc go? He was the star of the show after all (not to put down the rest of the group, of course). Now Marc is off touring with his own tribute group, now a direct competitor to QE. Not sure I'd even want to go see that band either. They worked together, not apart.

Lover Boy
The Show Must Go On

"Use all the tricks of the trade, dear, and if you believe in yourself, go all the way." -- Freddie

Postby fairydandy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:35 pm

...and people wonder why some of us here can't accept Lambert! Even the tribute act has 'diehard' fans. :lol:

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby BitterTears » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:30 pm

Not the first personnel change the band has had and won't be the last. Never heard of this new guy but his CV certainly earns him a chance, for my money. Well, it was actually a Ticketmaster giftcard but the sentiment is the same. I've seen QE with Marc already anyway.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby AngelR » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:24 pm

fairydandy wrote:...and people wonder why some of us here can't accept Lambert! Even the tribute act has 'diehard' fans. :lol:

:lol: QuEx is a great tribute band. There were several lead singers when I saw them though. Marc Martel had his own fans before he joined QuEx I think.

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:31 pm

fairydandy wrote:...and people wonder why some of us here can't accept Lambert! Even the tribute act has 'diehard' fans. :lol:

From someone who has never seen Lambert OR Martel up close and personal !!!!!

I’ve seen them both and they are both very talented. Haven’t heard of the new guy but he could be more like Lambert than Martel since he performs in musical theater.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Next

Return to Queen Extravaganza