Queen Extravaganza minus Martel?

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Re: Queen Extravaganza minus Martel?

Postby sharon20 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:07 pm

Julymorning Yeah I know Jeff started a new band and they seem to doing well so far, I've see a few vids online. I agree, he's great doing Queen, and can go from the hard rock ones to the ballads and there's definitely something about him that gets you involved and draws you in when he sings. Wonder why they dropped him from the original line-up, or did he choose to leave, I don't really know much about the logistics of it.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby julymorning » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 am

Jeff's had a long standing career in the music industry, plus in the Winter he tours with TSO, Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

It surprises me that he had time to do the short run with QEX as it was. I have to wonder if the addition of him to the line up was done as a drawing card and a favor on his part. He was the most widely known, although none of them were amateures. I don't think anyone thought this would last as long as it has.

Here's a pretty good bio of his work outside of Queen covers. http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrgEaANZpNaJfQA2FwPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTEybXNuNWlhBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjQxMjNfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1519638157/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fjeffscottsoto.com%2fretribution%2fretribution%2findex.html/RK=2/RS=.N1wGWyKohWR1FcbTeM2hk4Wj0M-
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby icy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:37 am

My best to Mark. I read his statement and I had mixed feelings because he will still be in a Queen tribute band.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby julymorning » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:42 pm

icy wrote:My best to Mark. I read his statement and I had mixed feelings because he will still be in a Queen tribute band.

I have mixed feelings too, but mostly for our sake not Marc's. He must have gotten the realization that the potential here is hot, what with all the demands for his voice in this country. Apparently the orchestral deal saw a really good turn out using Marc when they did the Queen cover tour. Then he was asked to be a fill in with another Queen cover band, that looked to be a permanent spot. I think that his "Ultimate Queen Celebration" is a spin off from that, but I'm not sure. Tristan and Brandon were added (at his recommendation?) before it was announced it was 'his' band. Things were falling into place.

Sort of like how the Yardbirds morphed into Led Zeppelin. Only this started as a Queen cover and remained that way.

The bottom line is the need was great for someone to be doing Queen really well in North America as no one had been for the past 5 years, so why not? Obviously Marc knows Roger's intent for QEX while we can only guess and read between the lines. I've got no idea if it was a control issue, or we should just take the "conflicting dates" at face value and see what happens next year.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:58 pm

My impression from Marc's statement was that he could front QE in the future. But the statement was written very vaguely in my opinion. As if it's intent was to clarify the current situation without burning any bridges etc. I think Marc has been quite disappointed about the fact that QE never tour America anymore. Quite rightly so. If I remember right Roger looked to North America while auditioning potential members for the band. Wasnt the whole point of this band to make Queen's music more alive in USA and Canada?

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby julymorning » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:52 am

Another_Roger wrote:My impression from Marc's statement was that he could front QE in the future. But the statement was written very vaguely in my opinion. As if it's intent was to clarify the current situation without burning any bridges etc. I think Marc has been quite disappointed about the fact that QE never tour America anymore. Quite rightly so. If I remember right Roger looked to North America while auditioning potential members for the band. Wasnt the whole point of this band to make Queen's music more alive in USA and Canada?

I got the same impression. Vague, slightly promising but open ended.

We are all disappointed that QE have never been sent back to us. A few years ago I got the feeling that Roger was more comfortable with the smaller, but filled UK capacities they were playing. And I suppose it's true UK audiences, at least British ones, responded with more welcome noise...the U.S. must have seemed less enthusiastic in comparison. I guess most of us don't want to look foolish in our old age! :P I'm speaking of participation during the songs, not applause and such afterwords. I don't know how the overall ticket profits were either and if that was a consideration.

BUT, I keep telling myself what I was told by Paul Bond, that where they play is based on who is booking them. Which made me want to contact radio stations and get others to call their radio stations and start nagging them. Here at least, where they played in St. Louis, one of the most popular classic rock stations that have been around since the 60's sponsored the concert. I really don't know how that works, but I guess maybe we really should know, so we have a little clout.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby AngelR » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:55 am

julymorning wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:My impression from Marc's statement was that he could front QE in the future. But the statement was written very vaguely in my opinion. As if it's intent was to clarify the current situation without burning any bridges etc. I think Marc has been quite disappointed about the fact that QE never tour America anymore. Quite rightly so. If I remember right Roger looked to North America while auditioning potential members for the band. Wasnt the whole point of this band to make Queen's music more alive in USA and Canada?

I got the same impression. Vague, slightly promising but open ended.

We are all disappointed that QE have never been sent back to us. A few years ago I got the feeling that Roger was more comfortable with the smaller, but filled UK capacities they were playing. And I suppose it's true UK audiences, at least British ones, responded with more welcome noise...the U.S. must have seemed less enthusiastic in comparison. I guess most of us don't want to look foolish in our old age! :P I'm speaking of participation during the songs, not applause and such afterwords. I don't know how the overall ticket profits were either and if that was a consideration.

BUT, I keep telling myself what I was told by Paul Bond, that where they play is based on who is booking them. Which made me want to contact radio stations and get others to call their radio stations and start nagging them. Here at least, where they played in St. Louis, one of the most popular classic rock stations that have been around since the 60's sponsored the concert. I really don't know how that works, but I guess maybe we really should know, so we have a little clout.

Hi, julymorning!
I thoght Marc was touring all over the USA last year. He will start a new tour soon with his own Queen tribute? Why wouldn't you go to see his band?

Anyway, I'm really sorry, still can't believe you were right to start this thread! I'm sure the tour was booked with Marc as the lead singer in mind. Who knows what happened? The tickets should be refunded to those who wanted to see Marc.

I'm going to give a new guy a chance as they are performing so close to where I live - the same theatre where I saw Brian with Kerry Ellis! Whould be interesting to compare two different QuExas. :)

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:34 pm

I have every intention of going to see Marc again if he comes back to St. Louis. But he hasn't. (ETA: not since he and Tyler presented Marc's Impersonator tour)Tristan assured me I'd be the first to know. Not even sure Tristan will always be with him, he just signed on a summer stage musical production. The 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive to St. Louis is the best I can do these days.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:38 pm

Just to rub it in he does this amazing version of Save me. Just he and the piano:

phpBB [video]

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Lover Boy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:26 am

I saw that yesterday. It's mind boggling how good he is. Pay him double, triple, whatever it takes to keep him with QuEx. It was dumb for them to let him go for this tour. Lol

Lover Boy
The Show Must Go On

"Use all the tricks of the trade, dear, and if you believe in yourself, go all the way." -- Freddie

Postby julymorning » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:29 am

Another_Roger wrote:Just to rub it in he does this amazing version of Save me. Just he and the piano:

phpBB [video]

I got about 15 seconds in against my better judgement and shut it off. This is one of a few Queen songs that have very personal meaning for me, and at this time am in the middle of a major life change I knew I'd start crying, and of course I did.

The sound quality is astounding. Thanks for posting, I'll catch it later sometime when I'm stronger.

P.S. I don't know if this is the same video Marc posted on his fb page yesterday before I upended my life, but I told Marc I could just hear Tristan's guitar crying, accompanying him. Sure enough I found a video of a previous concert that had Tristan playing the guitar, so I posted it.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:23 am

Another_Roger wrote:Just to rub it in he does this amazing version of Save me. Just he and the piano:

phpBB [video]

I am wary about saying this, but I think that's beautiful. He did that very well. I love it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby julymorning » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:32 am

I've made Marc and his Ultimate Queen Celebration it's own topic, please everyone feel free to post your Marc videos there! :) And any news you catch.

Let's let this one carry on with any Extravaganza videos featuring the new dude. ( ;) )

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby LifeisReal » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:12 pm

This is a video on youtube of Alirio Netto singing You Take my Breath Away -
phpBB [video]

Not to the likeness in tone you get from Marc Martel.Not a bad performance, certainly sounds more of a classical singer, and seems to put his full effort into it.
It's all so beautiful, Like a landscape painting in the sky

LifeisReal
Spread Your Wings

Postby Montavilla » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:51 pm

phpBB [video]

That was beautiful. Thanks for posting it. :)
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to Queen Extravaganza