Queen Extravaganza minus Martel?

Discuss the Queen Extravaganza Project In Here

Re: Queen Extravaganza minus Martel?

Postby julymorning » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:40 pm

So, it's true. That sucks. In the back of my mind I've been wondering about Tyler too! If he or Francois get replaced I'm done with them.

Lover Boy wrote:Meh...I'm probably going to jump ship too. I truly enjoyed QE with Martel and the rest of the very original line up. Saw them twice. First time in Philly on their first tour and then in Bethlehem on their follow up tour (minus a few members, such as that lovely lady - can't think of her name - she was super cute and had a GREAT voice). Now without Marc Martel I'm just left feeling empty about it. Why in the world would Queen let Marc go? He was the star of the show after all (not to put down the rest of the group, of course). Now Marc is off touring with his own tribute group, now a direct competitor to QE. Not sure I'd even want to go see that band either. They worked together, not apart.

The lovely lady of whom you speak is Jennifer Espinoza. She has a face book page and is as friendly as a puppy dog.
She seems to be employed by the San Antonio Six Flags in Texas, and is a singing performer throughout the year. They but on a very good Halloween Bash stage show. This from 3 years ago turned me on to both Nightwish, but Metal opera in general.

phpBB [video]

Queen Extravaganza and The Ultimate....are not in any way in competition with each other, since Marc's playing on this side of the pond because QE hasn't been coming back, and looks like they never will. :mad:
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby fairydandy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:49 pm

CNB wrote:From someone who has never seen Lambert OR Martel up close and personal !!!!!

It's from someone has doesn't want to see Lambert or Martel because he has no interest at all in them whatsoever.

I have however been a Queen fan since 1973 and one who sang Queen I songs with his mates standing around street corners, smoking his first cigarette, who saw Queen 8 times, who went to the Freddie tribute, who saw the WWRY show some 88 times in about 8 countries, who travelled Europe seeing QPR, who stood in all weathers outside Woolworth's at 09:00 on release day for the latest releases and I am someone who will worship the group until the day I die. After that fateful day comes, there will, I guarantee you, be a Queen song played at my funeral. You know nothing at all about this band CNB, you are a Lambert fan, you really should be more respectful when speaking to Queen fans who have an absolute passion for real music and not bubble gum pop by an overweight X Factor runner up who has literally nothing to offer, but a technical voice the type of which can be heard right now on any Broadway stage, or cruise ship.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby julymorning » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:11 pm

Groan. I'm sorry. I guess this will be a chance for Q.E. to tour S. American, and particularly Brazil, and I'm sure they will embrace him because the accent is comfortable to them.
Their facebook page has some really angry fans. Very angry fans. What a shame this has happened, no matter which entity is responsible, Marc or Queen.

This new singer just doesn't do it for me.

phpBB [video]
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby fairydandy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:13 pm

julymorning wrote:This new singer just doesn't do it for me.

Welcome to my world.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:21 pm

julymorning wrote:Groan. I'm sorry. I guess this will be a chance for Q.E. to tour S. American, and particularly Brazil, and I'm sure they will embrace him because the accent is comfortable to them.
Their facebook page has some really angry fans. Very angry fans. What a shame this has happened, no matter which entity is responsible, Marc or Queen.

phpBB [video]

Yikes at those vocals :shock:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby CNB » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:25 pm

julymorning wrote:Groan. I'm sorry. I guess this will be a chance for Q.E. to tour S. American, and particularly Brazil, and I'm sure they will embrace him because the accent is comfortable to them.

phpBB [video]

Me neither — jumps around the stage too much!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:26 pm

CNB wrote:

But he's the new Marc Martel, you have to like him. Sound familiar?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby julymorning » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:29 pm

fairydandy wrote:
julymorning wrote:This new singer just doesn't do it for me.

Welcome to my world.

It took me a long time to get used to Adam. Shoot, it took me so long to get used to P.R. that they were finished by the time I decided I wanted to see them with him. I probably couldn't have afforded the tickets anyway, just like now.

Queen Extravaganza were performing at a location and price I could afford, and am forever grateful I did.
And I went back a year later to see Marc and Tyler, glad I did that too, though the speaker sound where I was standing was painfully bad.

I made a few good friends with some of the members, that are no longer with them, who I will treasure the rest of my life, so I guess I will be happy with my memories and not cry over life moving on.

I want to wish the new singer well, and continued success for the band for the benefit of Francois and Tyler.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:38 pm

fairydandy wrote:
CNB wrote:

No I don’t. I will never have the opportunity to see him LIVE like I have with Adam and Marc, so I won’t be able to judge him fairly!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:42 pm

CNB wrote:
fairydandy wrote:
CNB wrote:

No I don’t. I will never have the opportunity to see him LIVE like I have with Adam and Marc, so I won’t be able to judge him fairly!

You wouldn't anyway. You're a Lambert fan, you have passion for him, so your mind is closed to it anyway. Yet, you try to sell Lambert to us for some reason. I honestly and I mean honestly would not go to see QAL if they were performing in my garden. My mind is closed to them...

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:51 pm

But you went to see Paul who can’t sing the Queen catalog like Adam does?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:58 pm

CNB wrote:But you went to see Paul who can’t sing the Queen catalog like Adam does?

That's down to personal taste. It was a great show and for all of my early opposition to him, he won me over with his voice and his own material. Lambert could never win me over with his voice and never ever with that nonsense that he sings.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:13 pm

You will never know that because you have never heard his voice shattering the arena rafters!!!!! :onfire:
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:14 pm

CNB wrote:You will never know that because you have never heard his voice shattering the arena rafters!!!!! :onfire:

Earplugs? :P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby julymorning » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Why does the A.L. argument have to be dragged on and on in this thread that isn't about him?

Please one of you, drop it?

I was reading some of the unhappy posts about this change on the fb official QE(X) site and noted there were a few unhappy Brazilian fans making disparaging comments about the new singer.

I really feel for the fella's feelings. Hopefully he's got a tough exterior, he's going to need it.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to Queen Extravaganza