Queen+AL 2017 NA Tour Ticket Sales

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Queen+AL 2017 NA Tour Ticket Sales

Postby slightlymad1970 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Looks like the Late Late Show performance has generated a lot of interest in the tour. With the modern way we can order tickets this day and age it's easy enough to see how most venues are selling, by clicking on the date and venue links you can get an up to date map of the arena and see what seats have been sold. A lot of venues look to be over 70% sold which is great news, with a bit more promotion venues such as the Hollywood Bowl, New York, Las Vegas and Dallas could easily sell out.

I hope the tour is successful and most shows sell out (fingers crossed) only time will tell if this tour will be the bands last major one, hope not, but at least so far it seems to be doing well.

slightlymad1970
Spread Your Wings

Re: Queen+AL 2017 NA Tour Ticket Sales

Postby Faellie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Does anyone know at what point on ticket sales the tour goes into profit?

It looks like its the low price tickets at the edge of the venues are what's mostly left now, with some venues sold out other than the VIP stuff.

Faellie
Spread Your Wings

Postby slightlymad1970 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:55 pm

Great to see another date added to the tour at the Legendary Hollywood Bowl, will be interesting to see if these shows are filmed as Queen seem to like releasing/recording shows filmed over 2 nights (Montreal, Earls Court, Wembley etc)

The original date is almost sold out with only 76 Platinum seats available and 745 normal seats, not bad for a venue with a capacity of 17,500.

slightlymad1970
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:32 pm

This ticket sales chart has been put together:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 4/htmlview
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby AngelR » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:05 am

The numbers don't look great for the opening show in Arizona.

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby slightlymad1970 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:27 am

AngelR wrote:The numbers don't look great for the opening show in Arizona.

They definitely need some more promotion/exposure for the tour, a couple of high profile TV shows would help and the official announcement of the 'Bohemian Rhapsody' film will do no harm, even a cover story for 'Rolling Stone' magazine would help sales, still can't believe Queen never made the cover of Americas foremost music magazine, now would be the perfect time to rectify that :-D

slightlymad1970
Spread Your Wings

Postby Faellie » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:22 pm

CNB: thanks for the chart, it's very interesting. Overall that's 80% of tickets sold, 4 months before the start of the tour. Seating charts for the various venues, where available, suggest that the better seats are usually sold and it is mainly the cheap seats high up and further away from the stage that are still available. That means that the tour is likely to be profitable regardless, plus the cheaper seats may well sell closer to the dates.

Individual seat sale percentages are -
64% 85% 98% 50% 80% 88% 84% 85% 66% 67% 83% 82% 87% 90% 94% 68% 84% 75% 78% 78% 86% 87% 75% 77% 76% 81%

Faellie
Spread Your Wings

Postby W.K.Mahler » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:32 pm

ya know, just when I thought I'd never hear live my favorite European tag team Taylor & May in person, the Gods sat upon the keyboard, funny how love is. Best news to come out of Europe musically and I for some reason think of Rainbow opening for May & Ellis (Love Is A Rainbow). Hopefully the Gods will allow me a ticket or two come June for July 2017 in Boston :-). Certainly worth standing outside the TD Garden just to catch a whisper of sound check. Hey Adam, Brian, Roger & Co. You are more than welcome to a day at the beach here on Cape Cod so please noon for tea :-).

Really guys, this makes my day like a new "Sydney" rose kinda bud, anticipation is making me wait.

Oh just to rock out uncontrollably so loud with voice the people several rows around me will not help but sing along as I rock out the night finally, the help has plans to arrive.

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you,

Love
Best wishes
W. K. Mahler

W.K.Mahler
Spread Your Wings

Current Quarterback!

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert