Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:05 am

dave4343palace wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
But why visit the QAL section of the board then? It just makes no sense to me at all. I get that there are fans who do not like QAL or who get pissed off with AL fans who keep repeating themselves; but THIS is the QAL section that Queen themselves obviously wanted included on their own website - I think the argument is with them rather than QAL fans who have as much right as anyone else to post their opinions in the relevant section.

I am a fan of Q+AL...

But you stated that you were pissed off reading about QAL on a Queen forum; my argument is that this is the designated QAL forum and, therefore, individuals should be free to state what they wish about QAL - and not have an instant knowledge of all things Freddie and/or Queen. This is not a Queen forum, but a QAL forum - we have all the other forums on here for Queen.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby dave4343palace » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:13 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
dave4343palace wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
But why visit the QAL section of the board then? It just makes no sense to me at all. I get that there are fans who do not like QAL or who get pissed off with AL fans who keep repeating themselves; but THIS is the QAL section that Queen themselves obviously wanted included on their own website - I think the argument is with them rather than QAL fans who have as much right as anyone else to post their opinions in the relevant section.

I am a fan of Q+AL...

But you stated that you were pissed off reading about QAL on a Queen forum; my argument is that this is the designated QAL forum and, therefore, individuals should be free to state what they wish about QAL - and not have an instant knowledge of all things Freddie and/or Queen. This is not a Queen forum, but a QAL forum - we have all the other forums on here for Queen.

Please show me where I stated I was pissed off reading about Q+AL...

dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:24 am

dave4343palace wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

OK, fair enough. I thought you had stated QAL rather than AL. My bad.

But, to be fair, AL is the lead singer of QAL - it is highly probable that he will be mentioned numerous times. And what harm does it do? You may not agree with particular posters, but just put them on ignore and then you won't get so pissed off when you visit here. BTW, I am not having a go here - just curious as to why some Queen fans visit the QAL section if it is going to piss them off so much if AL (the ONLY reason QAL exist) is frequently mentioned.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:27 pm

dave4343palace wrote:Icy - Although with fear of boring the pants of anyone, I'll certainly put together my personal thoughts when I return home later (I have another sad passion - following my football team on a Saturday! I have a very understanding girlfriend at home :lol: ).

There's no rush.
Good luck to your football team. :D
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby CNB » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:11 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
CNB wrote:
dave4343palace wrote:
Glad you asked because having counted, its actually 18 times! Saw the three London concerts in 2012; Philly and New York in 2014; London (three times), Amsterdam and Zurich in 2015; Cologne and Brussels 2016; Washington, Nashville, Dallas, Amsterdam and London (twice) in 2017.

Was fortunate to have on-stage tickets at Wembley Arena (2015), Cologne and Dallas, so they definitely stand out and were terrific experiences (met Brian at Wembley and Dallas). Also really enjoyed both Amsterdam concerts (don't ask ;) ) and despite Brian not being well, I thought they played exceptionally well last month at Wembley Arena (and the crowd were really responsive too).

Saw Q+PR 13 times in 2005-8 in UK, Germany, Austria and Italy.

So as you can guess, I'm a big supporter of the 'Queen +' live collaborations and despite the huge expense, they've provided me with some of the best nights of my life with family and friends, as well as on my own. I treat the concerts for exactly what they are and totally understand other people not wanting to see them. Hence my annoyance at Queen fans on here being told (often from a positon of complete ignorance) what they should like about Q+AL...

I repeat that I have never seen a live Freddie or Paul performance but I have been to 3 QAL shows, 15 less than you. This is a Queen forum but this is a QAL thread so I have as much of a right as you or anyone to be here!

My argument exactly. CNB. Now, I do not agree with everything you state (and I know you get very passionate and excitable about all things Lambert - which harms nobody), but you have as much right as anyone else on here to post your thoughts and opinions - in the designated QAL forum....which was added to this website on the instructions of Queen/QPL (fans should really complain to them).

Every Queen fan has a right to visit here and disagree with you of course; but, equally, you should be able to post your own feelings too.

Thanks, MP! As you may or may not remember, I first discovered the QOL forum about a month after Brian and Roger invited Adam to sing with them at the MTV EMA Show in Belfast in 2011. I was so thrilled and excited that this 2-year dream had come true. Adam had auditioned for American Idol singing Bohemian Rhapsody and then enjoyed a full circle moment by singing We Are The Champions with them in the show’s finale in 2009. Because it took Adam to turn me on to also being a Queen fan does not mean I had not been a fan of the band and their music before that. That was the moment in my busy life when I was able to pay more attention to all of them.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby slightlymad1970 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Just seen a rumour on facebook that Queen + AL will tour South America in May, this will include dates in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and a date in Peru on 9-05-2018. Could be complete bulls$@t but worth reporting :-D

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:52 pm

To continue, I am more than happy that this collaboration came about in such an unexpected and unplanned way. Everyone has their own stories of how and when they became a fan of a person or group. I was a hit and miss viewer of AI and didn’t see Adam on it until he sang “Ring Of Fire” with a middle eastern vibe and was stunned by his amazing talent. I did not connect him to Freddie or Queen Music because I thought he resembled Elvis.

I actually can’t believe I still post here after all of the negativity I have encountered. I would be more welcome if I were bashing Adam than praising him. Sorry if I offend anyone but the 3 QAL shows I attended have all been absolutely magnificent and that is because of the 6 performers and hundreds of crew members not just because of one singer!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:54 pm

slightlymad1970 wrote:Just seen a rumour on facebook that Queen + AL will tour South America in May, this will include dates in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and a date in Peru on 9-05-2018. Could be complete bulls$@t but worth reporting :-D

I’ve only seen the rumor about Chile.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:34 pm

CNB wrote:
I actually can’t believe I still post here after all of the negativity I have encountered. I would be more welcome if I were bashing Adam than praising him. Sorry if I offend anyone but the 3 QAL shows I attended have all been absolutely magnificent and that is because of the 6 performers and hundreds of crew members not just because of one singer!

Well, this is my argument: you have every right to express yourself here without having a pack of wolves tear into you (and it is never just one...they all jump on the bandwagon and have a go). I understand that some diehards (and I class myself in that category too) may get pissed off hearing about Adam - and if that was the case in the other threads then fair enough; but if you cannot praise the lead singer of a band which has its own forum on here then that is absurd, illogical and damn wrong.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:08 pm

slightlymad1970 wrote:Just seen a rumour on facebook that Queen + AL will tour South America in May, this will include dates in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and a date in Peru on 9-05-2018. Could be complete bulls$@t but worth reporting :-D

Hmm. I just hope any future shows will be spaced out more especially considering Brian and Roger.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Faellie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:33 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
CNB wrote:

Well, this is my argument: you have every right to express yourself here without having a pack of wolves tear into you (and it is never just one...they all jump on the bandwagon and have a go). I understand that some diehards (and I class myself in that category too) may get pissed off hearing about Adam - and if that was the case in the other threads then fair enough; but if you cannot praise the lead singer of a band which has its own forum on here then that is absurd, illogical and damn wrong.

I've been a fan of the band since I taped Seven Seas of Rhye off Top of the Pops on my mono recorder (yes I'm old). I love that after so many years the band has been able to come back to the top of the live tour charts, and it would be silly to say anything other than it is Adam Lambert who has made that possible.

I've loved every QAL show I've been to (only 3!). It is blindingly obvious how much Brian and Roger are enjoying themselves and how good a team they and Adam have become since 2011. I've seen nothing but enthusiastic enjoyment from the crowds at the gigs I've been to - and they have all been sold out.

Freddie was extraordinary and irreplaceable in the band. Adam is not his replacement, as all involved have repeatedly made clear. Freddie died in 1991: that is over 26 years ago now. His music did not die with him, any more than Mozart or Beethoven's music died with them. I'm happy to hear Adam sing the Queen songs and to have the chance to see Brian and Roger play them live again.

I come here for news about QAL, and what shows they are doing, and it has helped me enormously to buy tickets before they sell out. I'd love to read, and take part in, constructive discussion about the QAL collaboration. Sadly the repetitive negativity on this forum turns me right off any attempt to participate, or even to read the posts here in any detail. Yes, anyone can post as much criticism as they like (thanks to the generosity of Queen themselves, who provide the space). But ye gods and little fishes, don't people get bored to tears with their own repetitious negativity? After the same thing has been said for the hundredth time it's not clever, it's not interesting and it's not news. Also, on Queen's own site it is, frankly, rude.

Faellie
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:18 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
dave4343palace wrote:[

... but I'm pissed off with coming on here (a Queen forum) and reading the same old shit about AL. Shit that I'm pretty sure nobody wants to read... on a Queen forum.

I have no idea if the band wanted a separate section. It was something the moderating team discussed because we and others were fed p of the whole board being seemingly bombarded with stuff about AL.

I only look at this section to keep an eye on what is going on. If I was not part of the team, I would avoid it like the plague.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby JLP » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:22 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
dave4343palace wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

OK, fair enough. I thought you had stated QAL rather than AL. My bad.

But, to be fair, AL is the lead singer of QAL - it is highly probable that he will be mentioned numerous times. And what harm does it do? You may not agree with particular posters, but just put them on ignore and then you won't get so pissed off when you visit here. BTW, I am not having a go here - just curious as to why some Queen fans visit the QAL section if it is going to piss them off so much if AL (the ONLY reason QAL exist) is frequently mentioned.

The thing that irritates me is the moment anyone says anything that criticises Lambert they are jumped on by a handful of Lambert fans. Yet those same fans want to criticise Paul Rodgers as bland and boring live. Even though they have never seen him live. They cannot have it both ways.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby liliane » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Thank you very much MP and Faellie, as a AL and QAL fan, I appreciate your comments and they describe exactly how I feel as a Lambert fan on here.

JLP, yes, Glamberts tend to be a defensive bunch but then whose fans aren't? If somebody would come on these boards and bullshit about Freddie with bogus facts without knowing anything about Freddie, would some of you defend him with whatever knowledge that you have? I am not someone who cannot understand that Adam is not everyone's cup of tea. And I am fine with that but what would be the point of a discussion board if we were not allowed to give our opinions without being called "jumping on" people and "defending AL" when the board we are currently on is the QAL board.

Opinions and constructive criticism of the shows are one thing but by God I have read a few very vile things said about Adam Lambert on here, most pertaining to his sexual orientation and how he wants to present it. It seems those things are somehow allowed on an official Queen forum. And that Glamberts are made to feel like second class citizens on here.

As for Paul Rodgers vs Adam Lambert, we all have our own personal opinions. But my feelings is that the consensus of the reviews and concertgoers as a whole is that Adam Lambert is a better fit for Queen and the shows he has done with Queen have been received more favourably by the public at large.

liliane
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:50 pm

liliane wrote:Thank you very much MP and Faellie, as a AL and QAL fan, I appreciate your comments and they describe exactly how I feel as a Lambert fan on here.

JLP, yes, Glamberts tend to be a defensive bunch but then whose fans aren't? If somebody would come on these boards and bullshit about Freddie with bogus facts without knowing anything about Freddie, would some of you defend him with whatever knowledge that you have? I am not someone who cannot understand that Adam is not everyone's cup of tea. And I am fine with that but what would be the point of a discussion board if we were not allowed to give our opinions without being called "jumping on" people and "defending AL" when the board we are currently on is the QAL board.

Opinions and constructive criticism of the shows are one thing but by God I have read a few very vile things said about Adam Lambert on here, most pertaining to his sexual orientation and how he wants to present it. It seems those things are somehow allowed on an official Queen forum. And that Glamberts are made to feel like second class citizens on here.

As for Paul Rodgers vs Adam Lambert, we all have our own personal opinions. But my feelings is that the consensus of the reviews and concertgoers as a whole is that Adam Lambert is a better fit for Queen and the shows he has done with Queen have been received more favourably by the public at large.

I am quite happy for his fans to post on here. My issue has always been with the fact that his fans cannot abide even slight criticism of AL. Christ at times on here, the classic line up gets criticised. When the collaboration was first announced, the fan base was bitterly divided and probably remains so. But when as a fan of over 43 years, I get told that I am not a fan because I refuse to go to a QAL gig, can you understand why I get somewhat angry.

It is my choice not to watch any of the gigs. Even the bits that don't involve AL. People should be able to respect that just as I respect their right to watch every nano second of every QAL gig.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert