Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

10-Excellent
7
47%
9
5
33%
8
0
No votes
7
1
7%
6
1
7%
5
0
No votes
4
0
No votes
3
0
No votes
2
0
No votes
1
0
No votes
0-Awful
1
7%
 
Total votes : 15

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby hardwired » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:40 pm

True so there you go
 
hardwired
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby snifflese » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:20 am

That is our good buddy runner from QOL for sure. It took 2 sentences to recognize him. At the end there is the wonderful "casting muppet". Who else says that? Never read that phrase ever in my life. He was banned from here before. Can he get banned again if he pulls the same nasty antics he pulls on Queenzone?
 
snifflese
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:06 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby AngelR » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:21 am

If I could vote 20 I would - they deserved it this time around!
I was at the O2 shows which apparently were filmed for a Blu-ray, fingers crossed....
I've been following Queen + AL since the very beginning, attending every tour. Didn't have to travel to other places as they always come to London.

Their first trial gig in 2012 will be always my favourite - pure adrenaline, brilliant opener, longer acoustic set with Brian and Roger, 'The Show Must Go On' sing along with Brian, Adam attempting to take the highest notes possible, failing some but hitting the most impressive jaw dropping ones next! Another highlight for me was Brian's playing guitar with so much emotion as if it was his red special violin!

Moving on to the last tour...
Although I saw them in December with a similar production, they outdone themselves this time round!
Loved how relaxed and personal they were with the crowd.
Loved the first four opening songs. I know some prefer "Hammer to Fall", it didn't work for me as a part of the opening last year for some reason...
Loved cool matching Brian's and Adam's outfits and Roger's new skins. Brian and Roger were soooo HAPPY and relaxed! Yes, Roger looked tired, I think (hope) it was just a reaction to the heatwave we had? His voice was as brilliant as ever!
Loved the Brian's shoutout to the Foos and a sneaky praise to his own band!
Adam's voice was phenomenal. We can only guess how much work he put into improving his lower register over the last six years. I remember 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' used to be one of his weakest songs...not anymore....He nails "The Show Must Go On" now, I agree with Nicki! It was a great addition to the set list this year.
There was an unusually high attendance from the hard core Queen fans. They were queueing up alongside the Glamberts from 8 am! :shock: MADNESS! I had no chance to get a space at the barriers arriving at about 2 pm. :(

Now a couple of negative points:

Adam's 'Lucy"....I just don't like this song. Sorry... It should be 'The Ghost Town"! They rocked it in South America!
"Semi-traumatic" experience standing behind a bunch of rude Glamberts, who acted as if they owned the place. I witnessed one lady was pushed so hard by them that she fell backwards to the floor.

To finish on a positive note...Travelling back home by tube the whole carriage of fans in Queen + AL tour t-shirts (me included!) singing 'We are the Champions" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" with the drunken passion and expressions :lol:
 
AngelR
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:50 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby hardwired » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 am

snifflese wrote:That is our good buddy runner from QOL for sure. It took 2 sentences to recognize him. At the end there is the wonderful "casting muppet". Who else says that? Never read that phrase ever in my life. He was banned from here before. Can he get banned again if he pulls the same nasty antics he pulls on Queenzone?

Nobody knows what you are talking about. Seems you have an obsession about someone on here? Casting muppets are contestants from a casting Show that end up going nowhere. Hard to argue that the guy came into the spotlight via AI.....which happens to be a casting Show surprise surprise. Just because you are ignorant to the phrase doesnt mean it wont exist. Very common phrase though
 
hardwired
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby Peavy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:00 am

AngelR wrote:
Adam's 'Lucy"....I just don't like this song. Sorry... It should be 'The Ghost Town"! They rocked it in South America!
"Semi-traumatic" experience standing behind a bunch of rude Glamberts, who acted as if they owned the place. I witnessed one lady was pushed so hard by them that she fell backwards to the floor.


About that one AL song...last year they played "Whataya Want From Me?" and it was an ok song imo, but it immediately felt different from the rest of the set. In Berlin I thought "Lucy" was quite mediocre...UNTIL Brian's solo kicked in, which was amazing! Just wanted to add that, since I was so surprised and my mood changed so fast whzen Brian started to play his solo. I don't know "The Ghost Town", since I know no music of AL aside those two songs they played, but I think it's ok when they do one...way better than with PR where they usually did more "other" songs...I want there to be Queen songs at those shows and if there is only one other, I got no problem.
 
Peavy
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:37 pm
Location: Munich, GE
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby hardwired » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:05 am

In QPR it was awesome hearing the Free and Bad Company songs as it was fittingly billed as "Queen plus Paul Rodgers". It was a collaboration of 3 legends. They were still a rock band back then not the schmaltzy Las Vegas Queen Lite version which is QAL.
 
hardwired
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby sharon20 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:19 am

AngelR wrote:If I could vote 20 I would - they deserved it this time around!

Although I saw them in December with a similar production, they outdone themselves this time round!

Adam's voice was phenomenal. We can only guess how much work he put into improving his lower register over the last six years.

"Semi-traumatic" experience standing behind a bunch of rude Glamberts, who acted as if they owned the place. I witnessed one lady was pushed so hard by them that she fell backwards to the floor.


Sounds like you had a great time. I saw them last year in November, it's hard to imagine it could have got even better since then but I've heard a few people saying the same.

I've noticed Adam's lower register has improved, some of that will likely be age but I do get the impression he's singing lower in general when not going for the high notes.

Wow, Adam has some amazing fans but from some of the stuff I've read there's a few who are way over the top and sound pretty entitled, hope the lady was ok.
 
sharon20
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby hardwired » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:29 am

As far as I am concerned his screeching vibrato has even become worse over the years. He is yodeling every song to death. Less is more. His "look how many high Notes I can hit" is just offputting and plain awful. For me he is one of the most awful singers ever. No timing no feeling his constant screeching his annoying vibrato. And his voice is thin as paper no matter how many high notes he might be able to hit. I still wonder what Brian and Roger see in him...
 
hardwired
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby sharon20 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:11 am

hardwired wrote:As far as I am concerned his screeching vibrato has even become worse over the years. He is yodeling every song to death. Less is more. His "look how many high Notes I can hit" is just offputting and plain awful. For me he is one of the most awful singers ever. No timing no feeling his constant screeching his annoying vibrato. And his voice is thin as paper no matter how many high notes he might be able to hit. I still wonder what Brian and Roger see in him...


Well since you obviously can't stand him I'm gonna guess you haven't really listened to that much of his singing otherwise you would know it's the complete opposite. Back in his Glamnation era he would do a huge amount of riffs/runs, insane high notes throughout a lot of the song and even in the earlier Queen shows. More recently he has toned all that down a lot, he misses out a lot of the extra bits he used to throw in and goes for a couple of high notes strategically and it's the same on most songs except for the riffing with Bri's guitar before IWIA which people seem to love. Any parts he does do that, the crowd seem to love it, I guess it's a taste thing and It's obviously not to your's so I would stick to listening to things you do love. We can't all like everything.
 
sharon20
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby Nicki79 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:22 am

@sharon20
Pssst! Don’t feed the troll. 8-)
I don’t know, if you read on QueenZone. His aim is to destroy any discussion about QAL. You will have endless fights, if you fall for these provocations. Don‘t do that, ignore him. None of his questions are new, he has been doing it for 6 years. It’s only provocation.
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby hardwired » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:39 am

Glamberts never get it when someone doesnt like their self proclaimed idol. For them they are trolls or only provocate. The vast majority of QAL ticket buyers go because of Maylor not because of AL. Most of them still dont like him and find his voice offputting but want to see Bri and Rig nonetheless. Noone says "wow i am a converted glambert now".
 
hardwired
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby JLP » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:50 am

I suggest people read the guide lines I posted in the announcement at the top of this sub forum.

But please,if you have any concerns about individual posters, the correct thing to do is either report a post using that function of send a private message to one of the moderation team. Public demands for a banning might be viewed as back seat moderation.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11151
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 414 times

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby Peavy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:36 am

hardwired wrote:Glamberts never get it when someone doesnt like their self proclaimed idol. For them they are trolls or only provocate. The vast majority of QAL ticket buyers go because of Maylor not because of AL. Most of them still dont like him and find his voice offputting but want to see Bri and Rig nonetheless. Noone says "wow i am a converted glambert now".


So...you REALLY don't like AL/QAL?!

Are you sure? I mean, you only mentioned it in like every post...maybe you have to prove it to yourself multiple times...otherwise I don't get how you post the same thing over and over again. If I wouldn't like him, I'd just ignore the topics about him (the forum is way bigger than the QAL section if you haven't noticed yet), but well, of course I could also waste my time and whine about how much I don't like someone again and again and again...that's so...incredibly useful, you know. :biggrin:
 
Peavy
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:37 pm
Location: Munich, GE
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:35 pm

hardwired wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:What would you have them do? Sit on their rich arses and twiddle their thumbs?

You may not like QAL, but to say that they are being disrespectful is so OTT. Do you honestly think it will make any difference to the legacy of the band because they 'handed him the crown'? The opposite is actually true: they have now acquired even more fans (which they never would have done sitting on their arses) and brought a new generation to the music of Queen - how can any true fan think that is a bad thing?

Or why don't we go back to QPR? The most boring, bland, out-of-step version of Queen there ever could be. QPR failed because they just were not Queen; QAL work (and it doesn't matter about my or your opinion here - the fact is QAL is hugely successful) because they are more like Queen. And Adam has easily one of the most powerful voices in music at the moment - Freddie would have had total respect for the man.


I want them to be creative again and not noodling their old hits as their own coverband together with a casting show guy they once despiced in one of their songs ("C-lebrity" is exactly about someone like AL)
QPR was believable we hat 2 legends teaming up with another legend. Some songs did not work but the BC/Free songs expecially were awesome and an extra treat. What do we get from AL? An abomination called "Lucy" or "Two Fux". AL's voice is not suitable for rocks songs-he sounds like a crying lil girl. And this "Freddie would...." is totally lacking substance. He sure would not have liked to be a nostalgia band playing the hits only.
QAL is so ridiculous when you think about it. Do Paul and RIngo go on tour as "The beatles plus....." or can you imagine the Stones as "ROlling Stones plus" without Jagger? Unbelievable isn't it??? But the most iconic frontman can be replaced by a casting muppet? Just plain ridiculous. His statement regarding "I am not Freddie" while copiyng him with the crown and some of the stage costumes is totally not believable.


I think you are someone who is here to hate on Adam and QAL regardless. Would a true Queen fan join the official band site only to spend literally all his time (well, apart from a few other posts away from QAL) slating this successful collaboration? I would suggest not.

C-lebrity is definitely not about singers of Adam's calibre; it is more about the chasers of fame who are bereft of any talent whatsoever and whose only goal is to be on TV. Adam made his name from nothing and has got to the position he is now in because of his talent. So, sure, if you don't like the guy that's up to you (no one here cares) - but don't lie just to try to back up your warped logic.

QPR were not only dull as dishwater but also incredibly unsuccessful on every level; basically the opposite of QAL. And if you know anything about Freddie it is that he liked success (so I am guessing he would be beyond chuffed at QAL). You may have liked QPR, but the rest of the world could not have given...well...two fux.

As for The Beatles and The Stones (who have always been vastly overrated in my opinion...apart from the earlier stuff)? There is absolutely no point in comparing different groups and what they would do in certain situations. We are talking about Queen and we are talking about Queen wanting their music to go on, to be enjoyed by new generations of fans (and they still want to go out there and play live - and I am so happy for them). It is their choice - and like this fact or not: they know better than you or I or anyone with regards to THEIR group.

Freddie would be so up about QAL. He would love the fact that his/their music is still being sung with passion in a live setting all these years later. And he would adore the success and the new army of fans who have come to the table, thanks purely to this collaboration.

As a true fan, I want my band to be heard out there. I want them to still be at the top of their game. And I want them to be happy doing what they do. QAL has ensured all of these things are true. And, at the end of the day, who the hell are they harming? Fucking good luck to 'em!
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4263
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 454 times

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:49 pm

hardwired wrote:Again i dont understand doing a poll then when all you wanna have is raving about QAL. Learn to live with the fact that lots loathe this collaboration. Last time i checked this was a queenforum not a AL glorification board. There was the option "awful" in the poll so i voted for it and said why. So i really dont know what you are trying to tell me??


You seem to like facts a lot. So lets deal with them, shall we?

Stating that 'lots loathe this collaboration' is a bit unclear. How much is 'lots'? Because from where I am sitting, the opposite is correct: they sell out, they receive rave reviews and their audience is made up of diehards and new fans (as well as Adam fans too) alike. The 'lots' you speak of don't really figure when we have success as good as this.

And you are wrong. This is a Queen website, sure; but you are now posting in the official QAL forum - so if anyone wants to spread some love for AL or QAL then this is the most apt place to do so. Of course you can jump in and add your bitter negativity if you want - but do not think for one second that the people posting in this friendly QAL forum are not going to passionately defend this band. And, on the whole, this is a nice place to post; we really do not want those with big chips on their shoulders jumping in from nowhere on a mission just to attack AL for whatever irrational reason they may have. As I stated, everyone is free to have an opinion - but know that most here will see through your OTT opposition of AL and QAL...and will tell you so.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4263
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 454 times

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest