Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter?

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby eiricd » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:14 am

"Queen +" means nothing.

Although I loved QPR, there's no denying that the vast majority of ticket sales were people hungry for live music by "Queen".
Same goes for Qal.

TCR sank without trace in 2008 (although the lack of promotion was stunning/shocking/amateur hour), and as will a potential Qal album/ep/whatever they f*** they have in mind. Add the fact that 9 years on, album sales are decreasing still - they are sitting on a potential turkey. And Brian May knows it.
That's why they've become with adam lambert what they said they would NOT become after the 2005 tour with Paul Rodgers; a band going out and only playing old hits
 
eiricd
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby CNB » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:16 am

I guess you're just being "cute" writing QPR and Paul Rodgers and then Qal and adam lambert ?
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 7806
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 457 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby YAFF » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:03 am

CNB wrote:I guess you're just being "cute" writing QPR and Paul Rodgers and then Qal and adam lambert ?


it should be Qal

:lol:
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes
 
YAFF
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:26 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 251 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby YAFF » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:10 am

eiricd wrote:"Queen +" means nothing.

Although I loved QPR, there's no denying that the vast majority of ticket sales were people hungry for live music by "Queen".
Same goes for Qal.


Oh trust me the QAL album whether new studio or live would chart higher than The Cosmos Rocks mainly because of Lambert fans but it won't produce a hit single. Adam's hit single days are past him solo as well. But so are Madonna's so...

I used to think "Naw they wouldn't dare" but I think they will record some new songs with Adam. If they are going to continue this traveling circus they may as well.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes
 
YAFF
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:26 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 251 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby CNB » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:11 pm

I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 7806
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 457 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby YAFF » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:57 pm



CNB, Brian has a history of hyperbole when pushing his interests so don't get too jolly. Us fans have heard this shite for nearly 20 years now. Anything he's currently doing is just "extraordinary" and "remarkable" and blah blah blah. The ONLY people who seriously talk about Freddie and Adam being in any way equal are Brian and Roger and Adam fans. The world at large does not rate Adam as an "all time great" or even a pimple on Freddie's ass. Look at any non Adam-affiliated "Greatest Singers" list and you won't find Adam but Freddie will always been in the Top 20. I'm not trying to burst your bubble but when you post things like this it's as if you think this settles things because it's coming from Brian. Adam is fine in his role but to many of us it just doesn't sound like Queen. Adam's tone is completely different and he makes Queen sound like they are performing a musical. Many people like that stuff but 10 years from now when people think of Queen they will still think of Freddie and anything after he was gone as rather daft and desperate but a lot of people were entertained. You have to face the fact that just as many people can't stand Adam's voice as are in love with it. Almost everybody loves Freddie's voice even if they don't like Queen.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes
 
YAFF
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:26 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 251 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby CNB » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Well a lot of people like Marc Martel because he sounds like Freddie but Brian and Roger seem to prefer touring with Adam because of his vocal range, charisma and personality!
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 7806
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 457 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby icy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:02 pm

CNB wrote:Well a lot of people like Marc Martel because he sounds like Freddie but Brian and Roger seem to prefer touring with Adam because of his vocal range, charisma and personality!

Did you get that hype about Brian and Roger choosing AL from them, or did they get it from you? :lol: :p:
If vocal ranges were so important, as well as personality and charisma...I'd think the music industry would be different than what it is.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 14546
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 497 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby YAFF » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:34 am

CNB wrote:Well a lot of people like Marc Martel because he sounds like Freddie but Brian and Roger seem to prefer touring with Adam because of his vocal range, charisma and personality!


I think I've said before I'd be less comfortable with them touring with Martel (a soundalike) ala Journey. I don't have anything personal against Adam but when I hear comparisons to Freddie I smell the bullshit especially if it comes from Brian & Roger. They have tried and failed to shove their Queen + products down the throat of Queen fans for years but they've only fooled a small percentage of them. TRUST me CNB, I'd wager 75% of longtime true Queen fans are offended by Adam being put anywhere near the same level as Freddie. It's ludicrous. Freddie is a rock legend with one of the greatest voices in the history of popular music. Adam is just one in thousands of trained singers with great range. What he lacks is that exceptional "tone" and creative phrasing that separates great singers from mere great vocalists. Adam is a great vocalist. I do not consider him a great singer. An average, generic singer with great vocal talent. When I hear his performances I'm impressed by his vocal talent but the sound of his voice is just so blah to me. No soul. Someone like Bruce Springsteen is a great singer but couldn't hit half the notes Adam can. There's thousands of people that sound like Adam. Not many if any that sound like Bruce. Or Bob Seger. Adam is generic white male pop and theater voices. But I get it. He gets to you and you think he's the greatest. How lucky for you. I mean that. I'm envious that my faves are pretty much all dead (Freddie, Dio, Orbison, Michael Jackson, Bowie). But don't link to Brian and Roger comments and think that carries much weight or credibility with the Queen fans at large. We find it embarrassing. Their opinion on Adam and QAL is worth less to me than my mom's opinion, a lifelong Queen fan who inspired me to love Queen. She thinks Queen sound awful with Adam singing the songs. Even my wife who is a casual fan commented in a disgusted tone "What is thaaat? It's awful" when I was playing a couple youtube clips of Adam singing Queen. It was the break of a lifetime for him giving him an extra 15 minutes but also a truly futile, thankless job for him in the end. He is a parody of Freddie. QAL is a parody of Queen.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes
 
YAFF
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:26 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 251 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby CNB » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:53 am

For the hundred thousandth time, no one, not me, not Brian and Roger, not anyone is saying that Adam is Freddie or as great as Freddie, but since they don't have Freddie, they are happy that they have someone like Adam who they are so comfortable with on stage -- a gift from God! :-)
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 7806
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 457 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby AngelR » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:11 pm

YAFF wrote:
CNB wrote:Well a lot of people like Marc Martel because he sounds like Freddie but Brian and Roger seem to prefer touring with Adam because of his vocal range, charisma and personality!


There's thousands of people that sound like Adam.


It's maybe possible to sound similar to Adam as we all can see it is possible to find some singers who sound just like Freddie. But it's highly unlikely that any singer who sounds like Adam could pull what Adam does in a live setting, YAFF. It's not only about the vocals - over the last 5 years he's grown into a brilliant performer.

Also, Queen + AL is only happening because there's a high demand from the fans for the Queen + AL collaboration, not the other way round. No one's forcing the shows and there was hardly any advertisement for the tour. So I don't think your opinion represents the Queen fans' majority - the majority of this forum members more like (30 - 40 people bubble). Considering Brian's health, there might be no more live gigs at all. Would it make you feel content?
 
AngelR
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:50 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby YAFF » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:56 pm

AngelR wrote:
YAFF wrote:
CNB wrote:Well a lot of people like Marc Martel because he sounds like Freddie but Brian and Roger seem to prefer touring with Adam because of his vocal range, charisma and personality!


There's thousands of people that sound like Adam.


It's maybe possible to sound similar to Adam as we all can see it is possible to find some singers who sound just like Freddie. But it's highly unlikely that any singer who sounds like Adam could pull what Adam does in a live setting, YAFF. It's not only about the vocals - over the last 5 years he's grown into a brilliant performer.

Also, Queen + AL is only happening because there's a high demand from the fans for the Queen + AL collaboration, not the other way round. No one's forcing the shows and there was hardly any advertisement for the tour. So I don't think your opinion represents the Queen fans' majority - the majority of this forum members more like (30 - 40 people bubble). Considering Brian's health, there might be no more live gigs at all. Would it make you feel content?


Content? I think you misunderstand me. I've been against anything the band has done as "Queen plus" because all it really is "Queen minus Freddie, John". Sure I find it annoying but in the end it doesn't matter to me. I'm content with Queen music. Nobody can't take that away and there's still new product coming out.

I'm not part of the band and I don't feel entitled in anyway. I just express my opinion. In some ways I feel like I have to defend Freddie against disloyal comments from Brian & Roger. Because in some bands you just can't replace the lead singer especially when the singer is the face of the band. Same with The Beatles, Led Zep, Rolling Stones and many others. Instead of calling in Queen + it should be something like The Queen Revue with AL

But I am fully aware it's just my twee opinion. It's something to do. I do represent the majority of diehard Queen fans nearly all of which aren't on this site. Most are older and can't be bothered with "shitty little forums". Nobody can take Queen 1973-1995 away from me. And to be honest I've been compelled to be more active on forums to distract my mind from the fact my country elected a bigoted imbecile as leader. It is truly depressing. That is something that takes away my contentment.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes
 
YAFF
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:26 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 251 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby YAFF » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:00 pm

CNB wrote:For the hundred thousandth time, no one, not me, not Brian and Roger, not anyone is saying that Adam is Freddie or as great as Freddie, but since they don't have Freddie, they are happy that they have someone like Adam who they are so comfortable with on stage -- a gift from God! :-)


If you say so. So why do you constantly point out Brian's histrionic hyperbole about Adam? Who are you trying to influence? Brian thinks everything he does is as good as anything. He is incapable of objectivity. Most of us roll our eyes when we hear him put Adam on par with Freddie.

Put it this way. Had Adam been the lead singer of Queen from day one we would have never even heard of Queen. In fact the band wouldn't even have been named Queen.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes
 
YAFF
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:26 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 251 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby CNB » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:45 pm

YAFF, you and I are in total agreement about the bigoted imbecile who was unbelievably elected. Who are these crazy people who think he is qualified to be President? I thought George W. was a mess and we are still suffering from his horrendous blunders, but he wasn't an egotistical, narcissistic creep like Trump!
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 7806
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 457 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby eiricd » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:02 pm

YAFF wrote:
CNB wrote:Well a lot of people like Marc Martel because he sounds like Freddie but Brian and Roger seem to prefer touring with Adam because of his vocal range, charisma and personality!


I think I've said before I'd be less comfortable with them touring with Martel (a soundalike) ala Journey. I don't have anything personal against Adam but when I hear comparisons to Freddie I smell the bullshit especially if it comes from Brian & Roger. They have tried and failed to shove their Queen + products down the throat of Queen fans for years but they've only fooled a small percentage of them. TRUST me CNB, I'd wager 75% of longtime true Queen fans are offended by Adam being put anywhere near the same level as Freddie. It's ludicrous. Freddie is a rock legend with one of the greatest voices in the history of popular music. Adam is just one in thousands of trained singers with great range. What he lacks is that exceptional "tone" and creative phrasing that separates great singers from mere great vocalists. Adam is a great vocalist. I do not consider him a great singer. An average, generic singer with great vocal talent. When I hear his performances I'm impressed by his vocal talent but the sound of his voice is just so blah to me. No soul. Someone like Bruce Springsteen is a great singer but couldn't hit half the notes Adam can. There's thousands of people that sound like Adam. Not many if any that sound like Bruce. Or Bob Seger. Adam is generic white male pop and theater voices. But I get it. He gets to you and you think he's the greatest. How lucky for you. I mean that. I'm envious that my faves are pretty much all dead (Freddie, Dio, Orbison, Michael Jackson, Bowie). But don't link to Brian and Roger comments and think that carries much weight or credibility with the Queen fans at large. We find it embarrassing. Their opinion on Adam and QAL is worth less to me than my mom's opinion, a lifelong Queen fan who inspired me to love Queen. She thinks Queen sound awful with Adam singing the songs. Even my wife who is a casual fan commented in a disgusted tone "What is thaaat? It's awful" when I was playing a couple youtube clips of Adam singing Queen. It was the break of a lifetime for him giving him an extra 15 minutes but also a truly futile, thankless job for him in the end. He is a parody of Freddie. QAL is a parody of Queen.


Brilliant post

Sums it up nicely
 
eiricd
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 10 times

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests