Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter?

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. Is It Queen? Does It Really Matter

Postby YAFF » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:09 pm

CNB wrote:YAFF, you and I are in total agreement about the bigoted imbecile who was unbelievably elected. Who are these crazy people who think he is qualified to be President? I thought George W. was a mess and we are still suffering from his horrendous blunders, but he wasn't an egotistical, narcissistic creep like Trump!

He got elected because insecure white men see their stock falling and this was their last stand. Hillary directed her campaign to be inclusive of everybody but white males needs to be the center of everything. It needs to be about them when America was "great". Not all this equality shite. No no no, white men must be in control over all races and genders. This country is as sexist, racist and bigoted as any on earth. Clinton's campaign and democrats in general were overconfident thanks to the lousy polls and pundants. Anger is a great motivator and angry white people found their champion for all the wrong reasons. They all turned up at the polls and many stupid Sanders supporters never got around to supporting Clinton. But in truth America chose Clinton by 2.5 million more votes! They say your vote counts but clearly it doesn't really unless you're in a so-called "battleground state"

But here's one good thing. Trump will not complete his 4 year term. He's doomed to fail, be impeached or worse. His behavior post election is just bait for some mentally unstable person with a weapon. Not hoping for that mind you (Pence is worse in other ways). I've never been less proud of my country.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:00 am

Going back to QAL and Adam, we don't know if that collaboration is over, depending on everyone's health. That's why I believe in living in and enjoying the moment! Whether with Queen or without, Adam's 15 minutes are not over! He has been busy with other projects as well!
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby YAFF » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:40 am

CNB wrote:Going back to QAL and Adam, we don't know if that collaboration is over, depending on everyone's health. That's why I believe in living in and enjoying the moment! Whether with Queen or without, Adam's 15 minutes are not over! He has been busy with other projects as well!

I gotta admit your enthusiasm and positivity is infectious. :cool: Go on with yo' bad self.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby Echoplex » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:48 pm

Journey, Genisis, Status Quo, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, The Who, Pink Floyd, Rainbow, Kiss, Van Halen, Jethrotull, The Eagles, 10CC, Black Sabbath, ACDC, Metallica, Marillion, UB40, Iron Maiden, Yes, Scorpions, Rush, King Crimson....
The list is endless. The common thread is that all of these bands tour, or have toured or played live with quite major lineup changes or original members having been replaced.

I take it that all of the people who say Queen shouldn't exist/tour without Freddie (or John) don't listen or have never bought tickets to see gigs by any of the above.

We all, as Queen fans, know that Freddie was untouchable. But some need to be realistic about life. Situations change and things move on and Queen are no different to any other band .

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:21 am

Echoplex wrote:Journey, Genisis, Status Quo, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, The Who, Pink Floyd, Rainbow, Kiss, Van Halen, Jethrotull, The Eagles, 10CC, Black Sabbath, ACDC, Metallica, Marillion, UB40, Iron Maiden, Yes, Scorpions, Rush, King Crimson....
The list is endless. The common thread is that all of these bands tour, or have toured or played live with quite major lineup changes or original members having been replaced.

I take it that all of the people who say Queen shouldn't exist/tour without Freddie (or John) don't listen or have never bought tickets to see gigs by any of the above.

We all, as Queen fans, know that Freddie was untouchable. But some need to be realistic about life. Situations change and things move on and Queen are no different to any other band .

Good post!
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:57 am

Echoplex wrote:Journey, Genisis, Status Quo, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, The Who, Pink Floyd, Rainbow, Kiss, Van Halen, Jethrotull, The Eagles, 10CC, Black Sabbath, ACDC, Metallica, Marillion, UB40, Iron Maiden, Yes, Scorpions, Rush, King Crimson....

Major sweeping statement you made when you post that people who have stated Queen shouldn't exist/tour without Freddie/John don't listen or bought tickets to the other artists you mention. Sabbath is also one of my favorite bands, I listened to most of their music, and I still prefer the band with Ozzy as the singer. As for Genesis, I listened to them even longer than I've been a Queen fan, many times I like their later music than the earlier. It depends on so much.
I'm going to say this. Queen were and remain different than the other artists you mention in so many ways. Queen were different than anyone else, even today the music still lives on. And don't you know, and should know...that's just a couple of reasons why so many Queen fans love and enjoy Queen with Freddie so much.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Echoplex » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:07 pm

icy wrote:

Major sweeping statement you made when you post that people who have stated Queen shouldn't exist/tour without Freddie/John don't listen or bought tickets to the other artists you mention. Sabbath is also one of my favorite bands, I listened to most of their music, and I still prefer the band with Ozzy as the singer. As for Genesis, I listened to them even longer than I've been a Queen fan, many times I like their later music than the earlier. It depends on so much.
I'm going to say this. Queen were and remain different than the other artists you mention in so many ways. Queen owere different than anyone else, even today the music still lives on. And don't you know, and should know...that's just a couple of reasons why so many Queen fans love and enjoy Queen with Freddie so much.

Not a major sweeping statement at all. It was simply a thinly veiled sarcastic question. Simply and (un sarcastically) put,why do so many people have a problem with a Queen lineup change when almost every major band has, for what ever the reason, done the same through the years.

Icy you mention Black Sabbath and prefering Ozzy as their singer. That's ok but the other three singers and huge lineup changes they went through, at one point only Iommi was in the band don't seem to be a problem to you. I'll bring the pot, you bring the kettle and then you can decide what colour they are. ;)

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby cmsdrums » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:19 pm

I have a friend who slates Brian and Roger for having worked 'full time' with two different vocalists and bassists since (through no fault of their own) Freddie died and John retired. He won't even accept the integrity of them going out as 'Queen PLUS....' so they are actively and publicly stating that the vocalists are not actually PART of Queen, but playing with them. He also refers to Spike as 'that hired sessions guy' without acknowledging that Spike has been playing as part of the touring band for over 30 years.

He is a massive Whitesnake and Deep Purple fan.

I will leave you to work out for yourselves how most conversations between us go..........

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby YAFF » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:05 pm

icy wrote:

I'm going to say this. Queen were and remain different than the other artists you mention in so many ways. Queen were different than anyone else, even today the music still lives on. And don't you know, and should know...that's just a couple of reasons why so many Queen fans love and enjoy Queen with Freddie so much.

:agreepost:

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Echoplex wrote:
icy wrote:

I'm going to say this. Queen were and remain different than the other artists you mention in so many ways. Queen owere different than anyone else, even today the music still lives on. And don't you know, and should know...that's just a couple of reasons why so many Queen fans love and enjoy Queen with Freddie so much.

Not a major sweeping statement at all. It was simply a thinly veiled sarcastic question. Simply and (un sarcastically) put,why do so many people have a problem with a Queen lineup change when almost every major band has, for what ever the reason, done the same through the years.

Icy you mention Black Sabbath and prefering Ozzy as their singer. That's ok but the other three singers and huge lineup changes they went through, at one point only Iommi was in the band don't seem to be a problem to you. I'll bring the pot, you bring the kettle and then you can decide what colour they are. ;)

Yea, it was a major sweeping statement. Here you do it again. Do you know or ever thought to ask what my thoughts on line up changes about Sabbath were before asking/assuming it doesn't seem to be a problem for me?
I used to have major statements and beliefs about Q+AL, I don't have so many now, but it will never be Queen for me. Not even close.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
I Want To Break Free

Postby YAFF » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:25 am

icy wrote:Yea, it was a major sweeping statement. Here you do it again. Do you know or ever thought to ask what my thoughts on line up changes about Sabbath were before asking/assuming it doesn't seem to be a problem for me?
I used to have major statements and beliefs about Q+AL, I don't have so many now, but it will never be Queen for me. Not even close.

Well I take offense at your Ozzy favoritism being a staunch Dio man myself :angry: :biggrin:

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:39 am

YAFF wrote:
icy wrote:Yea, it was a major sweeping statement. Here you do it again. Do you know or ever thought to ask what my thoughts on line up changes about Sabbath were before asking/assuming it doesn't seem to be a problem for me?

Well I take offense at your Ozzy favoritism being a staunch Dio man myself :angry: :biggrin:

:evil: :twisted: :duel:

:lol: :P

Dio was pretty great too, no joke :D ;)
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
I Want To Break Free

Postby Echoplex » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:48 pm

Icy, as you brought Black Sabbath into this I'll concentrate on that band. First of all my post in reply to you mentioning the Ozzy/Dio suds etc was purely based on the information you provided in your post. I draw the conclusions I came to based on the fact that you talked about Dio but not the other members who have past through that band. Therefore it would seem logical to assume that the lineup changes in Sabbath were not a problem for you, just that you preferred Ozzy to Dio.

The interesting thing is that during the Dio years the Sabbath lineup became two original members a replacement singer and a hired (salaried drummer). Doesn't that arrangement (yes we're talking Bass player and guitarist instead of Guitarist and drummer) sound very much like the current Queen situation? Were fans up in arms about it? No, certainly not in the way a lot of Queen "fans" have reacted to the current line up.

That's the point I was trying to make. Queen are no different to any other major band, go and talk to real dyed in the wool fans of any band, whether it be Led Zep, Abba, The Stones, U2, Genisis, Take That or who ever real fans will tell you their band is the greatest, different, better more unique etc etc. Until you can see past that, there will never be an alternative to what you first heard.

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:14 pm

Echoplex wrote:....and Queen are no different to any other band .

Really? There are probably other sites more suited to you then?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:37 am

Echoplex wrote:Icy, as you brought Black Sabbath into this I'll concentrate on that band. First of all my post in reply to you mentioning the Ozzy/Dio suds etc was purely based on the information you provided in your post. I draw the conclusions I came to based on the fact that you talked about Dio but not the other members who have past through that band. Therefore it would seem logical to assume that the lineup changes in Sabbath were not a problem for you, just that you preferred Ozzy to Dio.

The interesting thing is that during the Dio years the Sabbath lineup became two original members a replacement singer and a hired (salaried drummer). Doesn't that arrangement (yes we're talking Bass player and guitarist instead of Guitarist and drummer) sound very much like the current Queen situation? Were fans up in arms about it? No, certainly not in the way a lot of Queen "fans" have reacted to the current line up.

That's the point I was trying to make. Queen are no different to any other major band, go and talk to real dyed in the wool fans of any band, whether it be Led Zep, Abba, The Stones, U2, Genisis, Take That or who ever real fans will tell you their band is the greatest, different, better more unique etc etc. Until you can see past that, there will never be an alternative to what you first heard.

No, you mentioned Sabbath in your above post. Don't assume, because there is only one or two people who know/understand my thoughts about the Sabbath line up through the years. And it's not you.
When Ozzy was replaced there wasn't such a thing as message boards and the like, really are you comparing to things that happened years ago to how some people feel about Q+AL?
Thanks, I have indeed talked to real dyed in the wool fans of many bands. Fact is, Queen were not the same as any other band. There are many reasons as to why Queen were and different than music of the time, even now. I'm glad Queen were different, they paved their way for so many.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
I Want To Break Free