Queen + AL 2016

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen + AL 2016

Postby icy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:29 am

New show...
Attachments
1474587_10153184276071951_1154426224723001585_n.jpg
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:39 am

theghost22 wrote:After Freddie's death there was a documentary about Queen on TV.
I remember Bob Geldof discussing what Queen should do musically after Freddie's passing,
one comment of many I recall was he said "Queen should find someone (not famous)
just someone off the street that can do the songs justice and have the same range as Freddie".
Please listen and some feedback would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ijWf8vTio

I actually remember that comment at the time. Although I have no faith in Geldof musically, I kind of agree with him on this one; I think he is basically saying that it would be far better to have someone with the vocal range and vocal talent of Freddie than some already famous singer who may have a big name but lacks the vocal skills.

Thing is people out there can slate Queen for making certain choices regarding their legacy, but they have certainly made the correct choice regarding Adam - the ticket sales are proof of that.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby CNB » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
theghost22 wrote:After Freddie's death there was a documentary about Queen on TV.
I remember Bob Geldof discussing what Queen should do musically after Freddie's passing,
one comment of many I recall was he said "Queen should find someone (not famous)
just someone off the street that can do the songs justice and have the same range as Freddie".
Please listen and some feedback would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ijWf8vTio

I actually remember that comment at the time. Although I have no faith in Geldof musically, I kind of agree with him on this one; I think he is basically saying that it would be far better to have someone with the vocal range and vocal talent of Freddie than some already famous singer who may have a big name but lacks the vocal skills.

Thing is people out there can slate Queen for making certain choices regarding their legacy, but they have certainly made the correct choice regarding Adam - the ticket sales are proof of that.

MP, in a way you could say that is exactly what Queen did with regard to Adam, who did not have a big name when they first took notice of him in 2009. Compared to others who have risen very quickly to the top, you could say that Adam still does not have that big name!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:59 pm

CNB wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

MP, in a way you could say that is exactly what Queen did with regard to Adam, who did not have a big name when they first took notice of him in 2009. Compared to others who have risen very quickly to the top, you could say that Adam still does not have that big name!

Well, that is what they have done with Adam. They could have chosen an already well-known name but opted for someone that they clearly respected vocally (and they all seem to gel pretty well up on stage - they do seem very happy). At the end of the day, they are clearly selling plenty of concert tickets - something they could not manage with Paul Rodgers. I think they have made the right choice. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby CNB » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:49 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
CNB wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

Well, that is what they have done with Adam. They could have chosen an already well-known name but opted for someone that they clearly respected vocally (and they all seem to gel pretty well up on stage - they do seem very happy). At the end of the day, they are clearly selling plenty of concert tickets - something they could not manage with Paul Rodgers. I think they have made the right choice. :)

When you have a chance, please take a look at the video of Adam's new solo tour (second show in Shanghai) that took place today and is posted in Another World. He has clearly learned from his Queen mentors and has put together a pretty impressive show!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Liam100 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi Guys,

Is Barcelona an indoor venue?

And Brussels too?

How are your plans for the tour coming along?!!

Thanks,

The Voice.

Liam100
Spread Your Wings

Postby YellowBreezes » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:26 pm

San Jordi in Barcelona is indoor, but pretty big, more that 20.000 people. I will be there :D

YellowBreezes
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:27 pm

"Queen and Adam Lambert crowned winners of SSE Live Awards"

http://sse.com/newsandviews/allarticles ... ve-awards/
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby marcoscardenes » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:23 am

Poor tickets sales for now

marcoscardenes
Spread Your Wings

Postby slightlymad1970 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:37 pm

marcoscardenes wrote:Poor tickets sales for now

For where and what source?

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby Liam100 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:03 pm

I've booked for Brussels and Barcelona!

See you there!

Cheers.

Liam100
Spread Your Wings

Postby caspar80 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:05 pm

Hello Queenonline Community,

I'm a big Queen Fan, born 1980 in Berlin, Germany and I want to ask: Is there current any possibility that Queen + Adam Lambert are doing a concert in Berlin, Olympic Stadium. I saw the great Tour Plan for the current Queen + Adam Lambert Tour, but the only possibility for me would be Cologne. Until Cologne is a little bit far away by train, I'm waiting to see my first Queen Stadium Concert, that would be a dream!

Another Question: One of the most important concerts for Queen was the gig at Wembley Stadium 1986. It would be an awesome dream, if Queen could come back to the new Wembley Stadium 2016, film the whole thing and produce a "Q + AL Live at Wembley 2016" DVD and Blue Ray!!! (I thought it could be a pendant to the "Genesis When in Rome" Thing - which was a awesome produced DVD).

All the best,

Caspar

caspar80
Spread Your Wings

Postby Lemmy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:21 pm

Liam100 wrote:Hi Guys,

Is Barcelona an indoor venue?

And Brussels too?

How are your plans for the tour coming along?!!

Thanks,

The Voice.

Brussels' Palais 12 in an indoor venue.

Lemmy
Spread Your Wings

Postby AngelR » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:51 am

caspar80 wrote:Hello Queenonline Community,

I'm a big Queen Fan, born 1980 in Berlin, Germany and I want to ask: Is there current any possibility that Queen + Adam Lambert are doing a concert in Berlin, Olympic Stadium. I saw the great Tour Plan for the current Queen + Adam Lambert Tour, but the only possibility for me would be Cologne. Until Cologne is a little bit far away by train, I'm waiting to see my first Queen Stadium Concert, that would be a dream!

Another Question: One of the most important concerts for Queen was the gig at Wembley Stadium 1986. It would be an awesome dream, if Queen could come back to the new Wembley Stadium 2016, film the whole thing and produce a "Q + AL Live at Wembley 2016" DVD and Blue Ray!!! (I thought it could be a pendant to the "Genesis When in Rome" Thing - which was a awesome produced DVD).

All the best,

Caspar

There's no way they can sell out Wembley Stadium...
Are you interested in Stadium shows only? They are playing festivals all over Europe - could be fun and laid-back experience.

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby caspar80 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:17 pm

Genesis played also Wembley 1987 and 2007 for Live Earth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WLdLMq ... tml5=False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRQYybN ... tml5=False

I think it would be possible, to fill Wembley. They are still super popular.

caspar80
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert