Queen + AL 2016

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen + AL 2016

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:47 pm

Well, at least it if they do record an album together it will liven up this site again.

The future of Queenonline is in the hands of QAL.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:52 pm

There was a quote from someone...I think it was Elton John that said it, actually, before the Paul Rodgers thing started, something about how Brian and Roger not performing together as Queen any more was like having a Ferrari in the garage and not driving it. I kinda feel the same way about a Queen & Adam album....it's like, don't pass up the chance to record something while you've got a singer like that around!

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:14 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:There was a quote from someone...I think it was Elton John that said it, actually, before the Paul Rodgers thing started, something about how Brian and Roger not performing together as Queen any more was like having a Ferrari in the garage and not driving it. I kinda feel the same way about a Queen & Adam album....it's like, don't pass up the chance to record something while you've got a singer like that around!

Yes, I remember that quote, KOR. I think he said it around the time of the Freddie tribute concert, although I could be wrong.

I don't know how I feel about them collaborating on an album. But would I give it a chance if they did actually record together? Hell, yeah. Why not? I might love it, hate it or just have nothing but apathy (as with that Cosmos shite with Rodgers!), but I'd at least give it a chance.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby parchedpeas » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:22 pm

At least Adam's style is 'Queen'-ish instead of the bore-fest Blues of Paul Rodgers.

parchedpeas
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:25 pm

parchedpeas wrote:At least Adam's style is 'Queen'-ish instead of the bore-fest Blues of Paul Rodgers.

Thing is, I quite liked his timbre on some of the songs; but I soon realised he can only really do rock songs. If I could mix a bit of Adam with a bit of Paul, I think I'd be quite happy.

I certainly prefer Adam's personality and outlook on life. And I love seeing the boys happy (and they so clearly are happy with Adam) - something they were not with Rodgers.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:33 pm

i've posted this on another site too, but Queen is too far gone to be taken serious anymore.

this doesnt excite me in the slightest :roll:
the greatest among you will be your servant

action
Don't Stop Me Now

woe to you, teachers of the law, you hypocrites!

Postby fairydandy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:53 pm

action wrote:i've posted this on another site too, but Queen is too far gone to be taken serious anymore.

True enough. Queen were a 70's rock band...it's now 2016. I would loved for Freddie to have given us another 25 years of truly fantastic music, but the truth is, he died at 45. :? Brian and Roger making music with Lambert has nothing at all to do with that band.

I hear they are doing some shows this year, festivals apparently...good luck to them, I am sure the crowd will love them, but it's nostalgia for Queen and in particular, for Freddie, but that's all they have, they have nothing in front of them. I don't blame them, who wouldn't want to be adored...but it's of no importance.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Montavilla » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:39 pm

JLP wrote:I listened to Paul Simon on the radio this morning. He was talking about his new album. He sad every artist should accept that they are no longer relevant when it comes to having hit singles. So would a QAL album be done to have hits?

I think it would be a mistake to make that a goal. I think, if there's any reason to do it at all, it should be for their own pleasure. If Adam can inspire Roger and/or Brian to create some good songs, then that can only be a good thing. If working with Brian and Roger can inspire Adam to greater lyrical and musical levels, then that can only be a good thing.

But I think it would be unrealistic to expect any QAL album to become a huge bestseller.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:02 am

action wrote:i've posted this on another site too, but Queen is too far gone to be taken serious anymore.

Well of course it all depends on one's viewpoint, doesn't it?: this is all so subjective. You and others may not take them seriously anymore, but - as is evidenced in live ticket sales - many, many people do.

And, more importantly, your opinion, my opinion, Joe Blogg's opinion - none of these really matter. They make the decisions and have the power to do as they wish. And when they are clearly as happy as they are working with Adam and selling out gigs at their age, they must be doing something right. Opinions really mean jack shit as opposed to real, hard facts and sales.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby AngelR » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:37 am

phpBB [video]

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby parchedpeas » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:40 am

Nice interview, they clearly like each others company.

parchedpeas
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:44 pm

parchedpeas wrote:Nice interview, they clearly like each others company.

Yes, it is very evident that they all gel really well together - I don't recall ever seeing Brian and Roger looking so happy. There is a real mutual respect and affection for each other that shines through.

And it really is a symbiotic relationship, in the sense that they have both attracted new audiences because of their collaboration; Adam has gained much more experience musically and Queen has had some new life breathed into it; and they are all seemingly very happy with each other's company - bringing happiness to both sides of the relationship.

It will be a fitting end to their live legacy. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Mr.QueenFan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Great interview. Thanks for posting it!

Clearly Roger and Brian look very good, and that is a sign of happiness. Ever since this colaboration started it was always good news for our boys.

I like Adam´s new look. He had to dye is hair grey so he could melt with the gang.
Now it´s three old ladies on stage. :mrgreen:

Mr.QueenFan
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:19 pm

Mr.QueenFan wrote:Great interview. Thanks for posting it!

Clearly Roger and Brian look very good, and that is a sign of happiness. Ever since this colaboration started it was always good news for our boys.

I like Adam´s new look. He had to dye is hair grey so he could melt with the gang.
Now it´s three old ladies on stage. :mrgreen:

Ha! Ha! I'm not sure but I think he may have dyed his hair grey for his role as Eddie in RHPS which was filmed in Toronto right before Adam's European tour began!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby AlexKx » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:46 pm

It makes my dick hard just thinking about a new studio l.p.! Just no bad language like Adam did on his solo studio l.p.s! It was so bad he had to get warning labels on them! With that said I HATE the gray hair people sport nowadays. Those damn old people! Um, I mean the young people doing it on purpose! With THAT said they should without doubt start recording new music this year so as to have been working on something for a while before a new studio l.p. is released sooner rather than later!!! :D

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert