Who is going to see Q+AL at the IOW June 2016?

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Who is going to see Q+AL at the IOW June 2016?

Postby icy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:58 pm

CNB wrote:
Two sharp pencils wrote:I have just seen my next door neighbour who went to the Isle of Wight festival & he said the high points for him were : Jess Glynne, Richard Ashcroft, The Who. He said Adam Lambert was a great frontman but in his opinion he needs to find a band of his own. Regarding the Q/AL show he said The Freddie Mercury bits on screen sent shivers down his spine but Roger & Brian's solos were a bore & he said looking around others seemed to feel the same, with the show dropping somewhat in excitement whilst the solos were being performed.

Please tell your neighbor that Adam does have an excellent band of his own and finished an extensive (60 city) solo tour in Asia, the U.S. and Europe a couple of weeks before joining up again with Brian and Roger. He loves doing both -- his own music and the fabulous, iconic music of Queen!

Maybe you could e-mail this link to him which is a highlight video of Adam's solo show in Adelaide, Australia back in January of this year ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAj860D62rk

Good grief, CNB :lol:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Montavilla » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:44 pm

That's a gorgeous video of WWTLF. Is that the kind of camera coverage we could expect if they were to ever release a QAL tour DVD?
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:00 pm

Montavilla wrote:That's a gorgeous video of WWTLF. Is that the kind of camera coverage we could expect if they were to ever release a QAL tour DVD?

Yes, that IS gorgeous and I'd love to have a professional DVD of the QAL tour, either Rock in Rio Brazil, Rock in Rio Lisboa or the Isle of Wight!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Innuendoes » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:39 pm

icy wrote:
CNB wrote:
Two sharp pencils wrote:I have just seen my next door neighbour who went to the Isle of Wight festival & he said the high points for him were : Jess Glynne, Richard Ashcroft, The Who. He said Adam Lambert was a great frontman but in his opinion he needs to find a band of his own. Regarding the Q/AL show he said The Freddie Mercury bits on screen sent shivers down his spine but Roger & Brian's solos were a bore & he said looking around others seemed to feel the same, with the show dropping somewhat in excitement whilst the solos were being performed.

Please tell your neighbor that Adam does have an excellent band of his own and finished an extensive (60 city) solo tour in Asia, the U.S. and Europe a couple of weeks before joining up again with Brian and Roger. He loves doing both -- his own music and the fabulous, iconic music of Queen!

Maybe you could e-mail this link to him which is a highlight video of Adam's solo show in Adelaide, Australia back in January of this year ....

Good grief, CNB :lol:

What's so weird about that? People email me youtube videos all the time. :?
Yeah, I'm lost in the night
The icy wind is howling out your name
The moon has gone behind the cloud again
And I can't stand to live another day
'Cause my bluebird went away

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby Two sharp pencils » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:57 pm

CNB wrote:

My neighbour meant that Adam should get his own band because he thinks that singing with " Queen " it doesn't feel or look right. I'm sure he wouldn't be interested in any links CNB he's a rocker into GNR & Metallica to name a couple.

Two sharp pencils
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Two sharp pencils wrote:
CNB wrote:

My neighbour meant that Adam should get his own band because he thinks that singing with " Queen " it doesn't feel or look right. I'm sure he wouldn't be interested in any links CNB he's a rocker into GNR & Metallica to name a couple.

Hey TSP, I know that. I just wanted you to tell him/show him that Adam already has a band and has toured all over the world with it and that Adam isn't depending only on the Queen guys for his career! Queen isn't a heavy metal or hard rock band, so where do people get the idea that Adam doesn't fit with them? He certainly fits with the Queen music better than Paul did because Adam has a broad vocal range like Freddie had!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Two sharp pencils » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:46 pm

CNB I think what my neighbour was getting at regarding Adam getting his own band is that Adam is quite young & with Brian & Roger they are getting on in years. He needs to play with people more in his age range.

Two sharp pencils
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:58 pm

Two sharp pencils wrote:CNB I think what my neighbour was getting at regarding Adam getting his own band is that Adam is quite young & with Brian & Roger they are getting on in years. He needs to play with people more in his age range.

Right! That's why I gave you the link to Adam's solo music! He gets along great with those older guys as well as his young friends and peers because he has kind of an old soul and really loves the music from the '70's and '80's! He is honored and thrilled to perform with these legends! It's kind of nice that Roger's son, Rufus, is also part of this collaboration so that there is a good mix of the elders and the youngers! :biggrin: 8)

BTW, Adam is 34 so he is not as young as some of the current guys out there and he can sing any genre -- rock, pop, funk, R&B, the phone book, etc! :lol:
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:45 pm

"Heartbreaking: Adam Lambert + Queen sing Who Wants To Live Forever for Orlando victims
WATCH Queen and Adam Lambert perform Who Wants to Live Forever at the Isle of Wight Festival in memory of the 50 victims of the Orlando club shooting." June 16, 2016

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/ ... e-shooting
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby TheHero » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:10 pm

phpBB [video]

Best performance he has ever done I think.. heartfelt singing.. "when love must die".

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:50 pm

Two sharp pencils wrote:

Hey now, some of us rockers into GNR and Metallica like solo Adam too, ya know. :D (even though I probably wouldn't have given a hoot about him if the Queen thing never happened....lol)

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert