Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 2016

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby Another_Roger » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Zak Royen wrote:
CNB wrote:
Zak Royen wrote:It's because they ARE true professionals and they try to give it all they've got.

EVEN THOUGH they (or at leats Brian) are not as enthusiastic as they used to be. And that is a difficult thing to hide.


From the videos I've seen, I thought Brian was always a low key person, but I guess next to that charismatic dynamo Freddie, he would definitely appear more laid back. I think he smiles more now than he used to do back then!


In a way, yes he is "low key". But I know my Brian ;)
And I think I can tell when his mind really is into it, and when it isn't.

For one thing, the fact that he doesn't speak that much about the current tour on his soapbox speaks volumes. It was pretty much the same during the 2008 tour, if I remember correctly.


Do you imply that the collaboration is coming to an end?
 
Another_Roger
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby Zak Royen » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:20 pm

No, I'm not saying that.

The shows are pretty successful and there is still demand for it. It's a well-oiled machine.

Most importantly the guys seem to get along, so in that respect the situation is very different from what it was in 2008.

I have no idea how much longer they'll be doing this. Obviously... not very long. It may well be the last tour, but there may be another one. They may even tour for the band's 50th anniversary, who knows ?

I'm just saying they haven't really put their hearts into this 2016 tour. One proof of that being that the concert is basically an abridged version of last years' show.

I think the level of excitement for them was much higher in 2005 -- because of course they hadn't toured for so long -- and also in 2014, because of the new, young singer.

(I am also under the impression that touring in America (2006, 2014) is always more exciting for them.)

Think about it -- they've already performed almost 200 concerts as Q+PR/Q+AL !
 
Zak Royen
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:25 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby snifflese » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:53 pm

Check out the level of excitement in the huge crowds the last two concerts. Adam's singing is AMAZING in the Sofia concert and the one right before it. It doesn't sound like anyone is going through the motions and I have listened to both streams. It is absolutely unbelievable. The weather hasn't been pouring down and it makes everything much easier.
Pictures of Brian and Roger look like they are having a ball. I rather doubt Brian isn't in to it anymore. They are doing huge concerts this fall in Asia, (Shanghai, Bangkok, Japan, and Singapore just to name a few). Not changing up a set does not denote disinterest. Most of the concert goers are not die hards like on here and would not appreciate the more esoteric music. They just want to hear the hits. Most people rave about how they play all the big hits. That is what the average concert goer wants to hear. This collaboration is going strong and they all seem to be having more fun than ever and 99% of the folks are loving it. I sure do hope they come back to the US. They sound so much better than they did in 2014 here in Ct. and I absolutely hope to see them again. I hear so much improvement in their music since then and totally disagree that earlier concerts were better, Esp. the Paul Rogers era. If it is mentioned in reviews, papers, etc. it is never positive. I don't see any indication there was any enthusiasm for Paul. Particularly now that everyone can hear and see the difference from the Adam era. I think you guys are outliers myself!
 
snifflese
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:06 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby CNB » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:06 pm

snifflese wrote:Check out the level of excitement in the huge crowds the last two concerts. Adam's singing is AMAZING in the Sofia concert and the one right before it. It doesn't sound like anyone is going through the motions and I have listened to both streams. It is absolutely unbelievable. The weather hasn't been pouring down and it makes everything much easier.
Pictures of Brian and Roger look like they are having a ball. I rather doubt Brian isn't in to it anymore. They are doing huge concerts this fall in Asia, (Shanghai, Bangkok, Japan, and Singapore just to name a few). Not changing up a set does not denote disinterest. Most of the concert goers are not die hards like on here and would not appreciate the more esoteric music. They just want to hear the hits. Most people rave about how they play all the big hits. That is what the average concert goer wants to hear. This collaboration is going strong and they all seem to be having more fun than ever and 99% of the folks are loving it. I sure do hope they come back to the US. They sound so much better than they did in 2014 here in Ct. and I absolutely hope to see them again. I hear so much improvement in their music since then and totally disagree that earlier concerts were better, Esp. the Paul Rogers era. If it is mentioned in reviews, papers, etc. it is never positive. I don't see any indication there was any enthusiasm for Paul. Particularly now that everyone can hear and see the difference from the Adam era. I think you guys are outliers myself!


I agree with you 150%. Just watched the live video feed from Sofia, Bulgaria. Bri's solo was on fire and the audience was going crazy over it. You would think Adam is Justin Bieber the way the girls are screaming over him! :lol:

They keep adding shows. I'm glad they are doing an Asia tour because I bet they will be adding "I Was Born To Love You" back into the set list!

Sorry to disappoint you naysayers but QAL is NOT dead! They are screaming their lungs out in Sofia! :lol:
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8390
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 477 times
Been thanked: 402 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby Liam100 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:00 am

Hi!

I'm sorry for the late reply!

I really enjoyed the gig and the couple of days break in Brussels.

Thanks to my new friends from The Netherlands, Belgium, Britain and France - it wouldn't have been as good without you!

Cheers,

Liam
 
Liam100
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:22 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby Another_Roger » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:08 am

CNB wrote:
snifflese wrote:Check out the level of excitement in the huge crowds the last two concerts. Adam's singing is AMAZING in the Sofia concert and the one right before it. It doesn't sound like anyone is going through the motions and I have listened to both streams. It is absolutely unbelievable. The weather hasn't been pouring down and it makes everything much easier.
Pictures of Brian and Roger look like they are having a ball. I rather doubt Brian isn't in to it anymore. They are doing huge concerts this fall in Asia, (Shanghai, Bangkok, Japan, and Singapore just to name a few). Not changing up a set does not denote disinterest. Most of the concert goers are not die hards like on here and would not appreciate the more esoteric music. They just want to hear the hits. Most people rave about how they play all the big hits. That is what the average concert goer wants to hear. This collaboration is going strong and they all seem to be having more fun than ever and 99% of the folks are loving it. I sure do hope they come back to the US. They sound so much better than they did in 2014 here in Ct. and I absolutely hope to see them again. I hear so much improvement in their music since then and totally disagree that earlier concerts were better, Esp. the Paul Rogers era. If it is mentioned in reviews, papers, etc. it is never positive. I don't see any indication there was any enthusiasm for Paul. Particularly now that everyone can hear and see the difference from the Adam era. I think you guys are outliers myself!


I agree with you 150%. Just watched the live video feed from Sofia, Bulgaria. Bri's solo was on fire and the audience was going crazy over it. You would think Adam is Justin Bieber the way the girls are screaming over him! :lol:

They keep adding shows. I'm glad they are doing an Asia tour because I bet they will be adding "I Was Born To Love You" back into the set list!

Sorry to disappoint you naysayers but QAL is NOT dead! They are screaming their lungs out in Sofia! :lol:


I am putting the champagne back in the fridge then.
 
Another_Roger
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby AlexKx » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:45 pm

...and yet QUEEN + Adam Lambert still refuse to record a new studio l.p. How sad.
 
AlexKx
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:43 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby Zak Royen » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:48 pm

Guys, listen to Brian's reaction at 1'28 and tell me what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD5-55T ... e=youtu.be
 
Zak Royen
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:25 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby julymorning » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:55 am

Zak Royen wrote:Guys, listen to Brian's reaction at 1'28 and tell me what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD5-55T ... e=youtu.be


I think Brian is thinking in his head "Ah, if you only knew....."

Because of course he is wearing down some!! He's always been a driven man and he thrives on very little sleep. The body can only take so much for so long before it forces you to slow down.
Still, he's taken very good care of himself otherwise, so he knows what he's doing.


I also noticed what appears to be silver nail lacquer, which I also happen to be wearing at the moment. :inlove:
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm
 
julymorning
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

This is probably as good as it gets.

      
 
Posts: 1568
Images: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Missouri, U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 407 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests