Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 2016

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby solemndrummer » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:37 am

CNB wrote:Oh my! Quiet? These songs are anything BUT quiet! :?


I totally agree, but the performance and the way they're played live aren't anymore.
 
solemndrummer
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:33 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby CNB » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:15 pm

solemndrummer wrote:
CNB wrote:Oh my! Quiet? These songs are anything BUT quiet! :?


I totally agree, but the performance and the way they're played live aren't anymore.


Was the sound system bad at this show? I've been listening to all of the current shows on the audio streams provided by fans in the audience and I think the shows are just as spectacular as what I experienced live in Chicago and Auburn Hills in 2014. I'm puzzled by what you are claiming!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8390
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 477 times
Been thanked: 402 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby icy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:22 pm

CNB wrote:
solemndrummer wrote:
CNB wrote:Oh my! Quiet? These songs are anything BUT quiet! :?


I totally agree, but the performance and the way they're played live aren't anymore.


Was the sound system bad at this show? I've been listening to all of the current shows on the audio streams provided by fans in the audience and I think the shows are just as spectacular as what I experienced live in Chicago and Auburn Hills in 2014. I'm puzzled by what you are claiming!

Some shows had not so good quality, but I put that down to some in the crowd who were streaming. I think in a couple of more recent shows, the band seemed tired.
Ah, but one can't tell the shows are just as spectacular by audio and video alone as you said so many times before. See, how that works ;) :lol: :P
But I guess if its called spectacular then it's ok :lol: :P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15313
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 521 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby CNB » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:35 pm

Oh icy, as a professed Queen and Adam fan, you just can't help being negative about both of them. That's what I call being tired!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8390
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 477 times
Been thanked: 402 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby icy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:42 pm

CNB wrote:Oh icy, as a professed Queen and Adam fan, you just can't help being negative about both of them. That's what I call being tired!

:shock: :o
Why must it come down to my being a fan again, and that I'm being negative here. Did you read posts that some others that thought they were tired? Or do you choose to lash out on me?
Some shows will be better than others. The fact they seem tired at times IMO, wasn't and isn't an insult. From what I've seen of this Brussels show, it was good, but I've seen/heard the guys perform better.
Better now?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15313
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 521 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby CNB » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:15 pm

Well, these pics show that the Brussels show must have been pretty "boring" .....

"The unbelievable magic of Queen and Adam Lambert in Brussels."

https://www.facebook.com/nicole.christophe.58/media_set?set=a.10154309357944588&type=3
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8390
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 477 times
Been thanked: 402 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby icy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:42 pm

CNB wrote:Well, these pics show that the Brussels show must have been pretty "boring" .....

"The unbelievable magic of Queen and Adam Lambert in Brussels."

https://www.facebook.com/nicole.christophe.58/media_set?set=a.10154309357944588&type=3

Boring no I wouldn't go that far,but not up to their usual standards, yes, IMO. Those pics will not make me think any diffirent.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15313
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 521 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby snifflese » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:01 pm

Seems like the guys have been playing in torrential rain for the better part of the festival schedule. I would say that such rain might put a damper on things. It is pretty hard to be out in pouring rain and the cool weather and then be close to 70! The streams sound pretty good to me and the reviews are all quite positive. The most negativity exists on this board, which is to be expected! I think for the average fan who hasn't seen every Freddie movement since Day 1, the expectations were more than met! I can't think of the name of the guy who records the shows for Queen, but he said that in the last two years, the Belgian show was the very best vocally and a tremendous show. Since he has seen every one of the QAL shows in that time period, I found it interesting that so many of you lot found the show lacking!
 
snifflese
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:06 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby CNB » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:26 pm

snifflese wrote:Seems like the guys have been playing in torrential rain for the better part of the festival schedule. I would say that such rain might put a damper on things. It is pretty hard to be out in pouring rain and the cool weather and then be close to 70! The streams sound pretty good to me and the reviews are all quite positive. The most negativity exists on this board, which is to be expected! I think for the average fan who hasn't seen every Freddie movement since Day 1, the expectations were more than met! I can't think of the name of the guy who records the shows for Queen, but he said that in the last two years, the Belgian show was the very best vocally and a tremendous show. Since he has seen every one of the QAL shows in that time period, I found it interesting that so many of you lot found the show lacking!


Yes, I think the old boys are doing pretty darn good for turning 67 (Roger) and 69 (Bri) in July. Hard to believe that Freddie would have been turning 70 in September this year!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8390
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 477 times
Been thanked: 402 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby Faellie » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:33 am

I look for youtube vids and sometimes follow the live streams, but the problem is the quality. Compare almost any fan vid or stream to the professional and you see that it is impossible to get anything but a general idea of the performance, and the audio quality is a particular problem. Judging the quality of the live performance through amateur footage isn't really possible. The few professional quality vids are the ones I go back to.
 
Faellie
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:41 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby CNB » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:10 pm

Faellie wrote:I look for youtube vids and sometimes follow the live streams, but the problem is the quality. Compare almost any fan vid or stream to the professional and you see that it is impossible to get anything but a general idea of the performance, and the audio quality is a particular problem. Judging the quality of the live performance through amateur footage isn't really possible. The few professional quality vids are the ones I go back to.


True, but I listen to the live streams and I don't think the band sounds quiet or tired! :?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8390
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 477 times
Been thanked: 402 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby Zak Royen » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:19 pm

It's because they ARE true professionals and they try to give it all they've got.

EVEN THOUGH they (or at leats Brian) are not as enthusiastic as they used to be. And that is a difficult thing to hide.
 
Zak Royen
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:25 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby Zak Royen » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:20 pm

Lemmy wrote:
Zak Royen wrote:
Yes I would ;) Are you from Belgium or from France ?


I live in Brussels.
pm me if you want to hook up.


I live in Lille... But I'll pm you for the next Queen-related event in Brussels ;)
 
Zak Royen
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:25 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby CNB » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:02 pm

Zak Royen wrote:It's because they ARE true professionals and they try to give it all they've got.

EVEN THOUGH they (or at leats Brian) are not as enthusiastic as they used to be. And that is a difficult thing to hide.


From the videos I've seen, I thought Brian was always a low key person, but I guess next to that charismatic dynamo Freddie, he would definitely appear more laid back. I think he smiles more now than he used to do back then!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8390
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 477 times
Been thanked: 402 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Palais 12, Brussells, June 15, 201

Postby Zak Royen » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:16 pm

CNB wrote:
Zak Royen wrote:It's because they ARE true professionals and they try to give it all they've got.

EVEN THOUGH they (or at leats Brian) are not as enthusiastic as they used to be. And that is a difficult thing to hide.


From the videos I've seen, I thought Brian was always a low key person, but I guess next to that charismatic dynamo Freddie, he would definitely appear more laid back. I think he smiles more now than he used to do back then!


In a way, yes he is "low key". But I know my Brian ;)
And I think I can tell when his mind really is into it, and when it isn't.

For one thing, the fact that he doesn't speak that much about the current tour on his soapbox speaks volumes. It was pretty much the same during the 2008 tour, if I remember correctly.
 
Zak Royen
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:25 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests