Queen + Adam Lambert, Tel Aviv, September 12, 2016

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Tel Aviv, September 12, 2016

Postby Elessar » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:57 am

Montavilla wrote:
brianoflondon wrote:I certainly don’t do this with most of my blog posts, but the concert in Tel Aviv was so good I felt moved to open an account here and post something.


Thank you for posting the links. I went and read your blog, and it's very interesting to learn about the difficulties of putting on this type of event in Israel. We have security checks at large venues, but we don't have to worry about incoming missiles!


True, but your country isn't illegally occupying its neighbours.

I note that Q+AL didn't play in Gaza on this tour.

I'm really quite appalled that this concert took place, and I don't care what Queen say about being non-political. Their guitarist whinges to anyone who'll listen about 'common decency'. There's no decency to be found on that country's government, and Queen have once again gone against a boycott that most of the music industry have respected.

I'm glad Israeli fans of the band got to see their band play, as it would be sad for them to be punished for their government's sins. However Israel shouldn't be allowed to continue to do what it's doing to the people of Gaza, and Queen shouldn't be supporting them as a nation.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10055
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Tel Aviv, September 12, 2016

Postby CNB » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:13 pm

"Rock Royalty - Iconic British band Queen, fronted by Adam Lambert, performs in Hayark0n Park"

http://imgur.com/a/pPNwm
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 7806
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 457 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Tel Aviv, September 12, 2016

Postby The Milkman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:35 pm

Elessar wrote:
I'm really quite appalled that this concert took place, and I don't care what Queen say about being non-political. Their guitarist whinges to anyone who'll listen about 'common decency'. There's no decency to be found on that country's government, and Queen have once again gone against a boycott that most of the music industry have respected.

I'm glad Israeli fans of the band got to see their band play, as it would be sad for them to be punished for their government's sins. However Israel shouldn't be allowed to continue to do what it's doing to the people of Gaza, and Queen shouldn't be supporting them as a nation.


:thumbsup:
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 211 times

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert, Tel Aviv, September 12, 2016

Postby Peace Loving Guy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:06 pm

Elessar wrote:
Montavilla wrote:
brianoflondon wrote:I certainly don’t do this with most of my blog posts, but the concert in Tel Aviv was so good I felt moved to open an account here and post something.


Thank you for posting the links. I went and read your blog, and it's very interesting to learn about the difficulties of putting on this type of event in Israel. We have security checks at large venues, but we don't have to worry about incoming missiles!


True, but your country isn't illegally occupying its neighbours.

I note that Q+AL didn't play in Gaza on this tour.

I'm really quite appalled that this concert took place, and I don't care what Queen say about being non-political. Their guitarist whinges to anyone who'll listen about 'common decency'. There's no decency to be found on that country's government, and Queen have once again gone against a boycott that most of the music industry have respected.

I'm glad Israeli fans of the band got to see their band play, as it would be sad for them to be punished for their government's sins. However Israel shouldn't be allowed to continue to do what it's doing to the people of Gaza, and Queen shouldn't be supporting them as a nation.


I didn't think this forum section was an appropriate place for political opinion, but seeing as you (and the moderators) disagree, I assume you have no issue with an opinion contrary to yours?

Like every other BDS Anti Semite, Muslim/Arab apologist social justice warrior snowflake type, you demonstrate a rather obvious ignorance of Israeli history circa 1945 - 1975. This is the bit of history when every Muslim majority nation in the middle east kicked out, or murdered every Jew they could get their hands on who'd lived in their countries for thousands of years, stealing their homes and possessions in the process. Most pertinent to your point about Gaza etc. is that Arab nations repeatedly tried to invade Israel to literally wipe it off the map. The last time they tried and failed, Israel would've ended up occupying ALL of Syria and Egypt in justifiable revenge if America hadn't made them back off for cold war reasons. Gaza is a rather modest war spoil when all your neighbours repeatedly try to destroy your country.

The BDS movement, which you support, is a heinous, evil attack on civilised, modern, progressive people, who in spite of suffering the vilest treatment ever perpetuated on a group of innocents, have thrived in the middle of a desert with barely any natural resources, to the furious, blood boiling rage of their perpetually culturally, economically and politically retarded neighbours. (Offensive comments are allowed in this thread, yes)?

Queen have been the most inclusive, progressive band since the Beatles. As a rock band, their appeal to wide swathes of humanity is unmatched. The reason they're not playing Gaza is because a promoter hasn't offered them 50 gazzillion dollars to do so.

Your post is insulting to both Israel and Queen. But like I said, if contentious political issues are allowed on this thread, I'm glad to contribute. Also, I'm not overly familiar with Adam Lambert's religious beliefs, but I believe he identifies as Jewish? Perhaps he felt a personal need or interest in playing in Israel? I think you should use this forum to explain to everyone why you support the BDS, and why, as a consequence, we should all let Queen and Adam Lambert know why they should now be treated as war criminals.
 
Peace Loving Guy
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:00 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests