On-stage seating

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

On-stage seating

Postby agkelly » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi all
I've decided to splash out and head from Australia to Thailand for the Queen + Adam Lambert gig in Bangkok, and because I hate money and want to get rid of it all from my possession, I went the whole hog this morning and purchased a seat on-stage. One can always earn more money, but opportunities such as this may never come again.

That's the way I'm justifying it anyway!

Anyway, this is directed at those who've been fortunate enough to have been in these on-stage seats at a Q+AL gig in recent years.

What's the go?
Are you allowed to take photos backstage / on-stage? I don't recall -in my 6x Aussie 2014 gigs (which had these seats)- seeing anyone taking photos while up there. I didn't watch them intently, of course (I did see the person get donked on the head by Brian's guitar as he walked past ... I think that was either in the first Sydney or first Melbourne gig).
How long does the pre-show behind-the-scenes backstage tour go for?

Anything else that would be handy to know would be appreciated! The show is only just under 4 weeks away, so it'll be here before I know it!

Thanks everyone.

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Re: On-stage seating

Postby glambertcrowned » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi there, I'm a brand newie on here! I'm off to the Bangkok gig too...from Melbourne! Congrats on getting the VIP tix. I rang direct to Thaiticketmajor and they were sold out in 5 minutes! SO now I am 'roughing' it in section MM lol. Maybe you have to be in the 'know'? Enjoy this awesome experience, as for my previous VIP gigs (not for Queen) no pictures were allowed to be taken...but you never know.

glambertcrowned
Spread Your Wings

Postby agkelly » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:54 pm

Nope, I'm definitely not in the know with anyone or anything!!

I just had their ticketing website open from when the tickets went on sale. Either their website is lying, or the people you spoke to on the phone were telling a fib. I just looked online now, and there is still one remaining VVIP ticket remaining. They're not cheap, however, with my ticket up there costing a little over $1,500 (Australian).

Normally I hate spending 10% of that figure on a 2hr gig, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do it, and I had the money sitting there left over from a nearly-three month Europe trip which I fully expected I'd have used over there (I only got back less than 3 weeks ago!). I'll earn that money back in a few weeks at work, but I'll never get an opportunity to be on stage with Queen ever again. As the kids say: You only live once. Well, they say 'YOLO', but I'm not going to say that ... even though I just kinda did..!

Thanks for the tip regarding photos. Last night, I was going through all my photos from the Q+AL Australian gigs 2yrs ago (I went to all of them) and in the photos where I could see the on-stage fans, nearly all of them had at least one of the people taking a photo of Brian or Adam as they were nearby or up on those platform things, so I felt a bit more relaxed that I'd be able to do it too. Fingers crossed I can do likewise in Bangkok!

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby glambertcrowned » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:37 pm

[color=#0000FF]:nervous: Wow I'm shocked to hear that there is still a VIP ticket left? I will pop in and check that. I pretty much didn't sleep at all the night before the VIP release, but had already purchased other tickets just in case I wasn't successful. I was actually surprised that my call was answered (with an option 'press 9' for english message) when the operator answered I had said I was interested in upgrading my ticket to VIP and was told ''sorry all gone" I was pretty disappointed because I only made the decision to go to the gig when the announcement of the VIP tickets came out :roll: Once I was told they had all sold out, I decided to change my accommodation and factor in a visit to Koh Samui with the now extra cash I had. I'm really pissed now...[/color]

glambertcrowned
Spread Your Wings

Postby glambertcrowned » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:52 pm

Just checked the ticket site and it does look like there is 1 x VIP left....last week, after reading the info over and over, I didn't like my chances buying online (VIP) so I just phoned them direct, that worked out well :( NOT HAPPY JAN!

glambertcrowned
Spread Your Wings

Postby glambertcrowned » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:36 am

Ok, decided to 'bite the bullet' just purchased the last VIP ticket for Bangkok YAY! Unfortunately, I was unable to upgrade my original purchased ticket (as you can only do that in a Bangkok outlet) I just went ahead made the purchase! SO that leaves me with 1 x ticket section MM that I'm willing to pass on to a fan for FREE!

glambertcrowned
Spread Your Wings

Postby agkelly » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:06 pm

I know where you'll be sitting, so I'll make sure to come say 'hi'! There's a back-stage pre-show tour as part of the package, so given I can't imagine there would be any other Australians doing it, I think we'll be pretty obvious to eachother who the other is..!

You might be able to sell your MM ticket out front. I have no idea about the scalping laws in Thailand, but selling it off cheaply might be okay? I dunno. It'd be a shame to waste $270.

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby glambertcrowned » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:16 pm

[quote="agkelly"]I know where you'll be sitting, so I'll make sure to come say 'hi'! There's a back-stage pre-show tour as part of the package, so given I can't imagine there would be any other Australians doing it, I think we'll be pretty obvious to eachother who the other is..!

Yes make sure you do :D You will definitely know or hear who I am :lol: I must say it is a little reassuring to be sharing the experience with at least one Aussie :D

As for selling the ticket, that could be a logistic problem, as I have never been to Thailand and I have to pick up the tickets just before the show at the venue, as the cut-off date to pick up tickets from the outlet is the 25th! I'll be in Koh Samui until the 29th! :roll: .

glambertcrowned
Spread Your Wings

Postby agkelly » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:28 pm

Fair enough. Like you, I can't pick up my VVIP ticket until the day too. I'm doing a hit-and-run mission to Bangkok. I fly in from Perth at 3:30pm that afternoon, the gig that night, and the next day I'm flying back to Perth in time to watch the NRL Grand Final on the Sunday and will be ready for work on the Monday (or maybe the Tuesday!!).

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby glambertcrowned » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:36 pm

agkelly wrote:Fair enough. Like you, I can't pick up my VVIP ticket until the day too. I'm doing a hit-and-run mission to Bangkok. I fly in from Perth at 3:30pm that afternoon, the gig that night, and the next day I'm flying back to Perth in time to watch the NRL Grand Final on the Sunday and will be ready for work on the Monday (or maybe the Tuesday!!).

Phew, took about 'rockstar lifestyle' :lol:
I watched some footage on Youtube last night...(Back stage/on stage view) of QAL, OMG it looks bloody awesome mate, can't wait! :D

glambertcrowned
Spread Your Wings

Postby glambertcrowned » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:34 pm

https://youtu.be/YyPd1efGYtc

Check this out! The VVIP experience :D

glambertcrowned
Spread Your Wings

Postby agkelly » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:56 pm

Holy crap!!
That. Looks. EPIC!

I didn't realise there was a chance of meeting them pre-gig. This experience looks like it's going to be so much bigger and better than I expected. I just started getting excited again ... and there's still 3 weeks to go..!

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert